ESPN predicts Miami 11-1 for 2017

Advertisement
Look at the schedule. I don't like to be overly optimistic, but it's a pretty weak slate. FSU is a tossup (as always) and maybe ND(?) or whoever in the Coastal decides not to completely suck. Two losses is pushing it.

If you look only at percentages they have us at 11-1, yet they outright picked us to go 9-3 lol the hate will never die.

Advertisement
If you look only at percentages they have us at 11-1, yet they outright picked us to go 9-3 lol the hate will never die.

I agree. The hate will never die because even when we get back to being at the top, the hate will just increase. It just has to be put in check every now and then.

FPI is not a particularly could indicator when it has data during the season. As a forecast of future success it should be ignored.

Advertisement
Mark may hated Miami. So did Lou holtz

ESPN always gives us too much credit and we blow it the last ten years , I don't think ESPN hates us at all. They always hype us up when we're doing well, 2013 etc. We just haven't done anything to prove ourselves so of course outsiders will doubt the program

The first sign of good news they always give high praise, which is why such good praise since richt hire

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

weak schedule, Malik Rosier could get us to 10 wins and N'Kosi Perry. Only one that would fck up a 10 win season with this schedule is our last qb and previous coaching staff, we got that out the way so we skating to the ACC title this year boys :crownpour:

Advertisement
like espn really wants or would like to see that happen..

sounds like one of those, "let's prop em' up in hopes that with pressure they fall" type of gigs

Advertisement
407cane;2898183[B said:
]Mark may hated Miami. So did Lou holtz
[/B]
ESPN always gives us too much credit and we blow it the last ten years , I don't think ESPN hates us at all. They always hype us up when we're doing well, 2013 etc. We just haven't done anything to prove ourselves so of course outsiders will doubt the program

The first sign of good news they always give high praise, which is why such good praise since richt hire

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You can't be serious thinking that the ESPN is not anti-biased towards Miami. Also, Holtz and May were just two of many idiots at ESPN that constantly bash Miami.

Scott Van Pelt- “Here’s the word Miami should focus on: reality. The easiest thing for the Canes and their fans to do is throw up the U as if it means anything now. It does not. It’s a hollow gesture that reminds them of a time they mattered….”

Paul Finebaum- “I think Miami is just an absolutely terrible job. This program is bankrupt. It has a delusional fan base thinking this is the ’80s and the ’90s and maybe even the early part of the new millennium. I don’t get it. I don’t know why any coach in their right mind would want this job. They’re living in the past with no future. I don’t think it’s a better job than UCF.”

proxy.php

Those percentages are based off the expected Vegas lines for those games. So if Vegas has made you a 10 pt fav then historically that team has won the game say 70% of the time.

Based off those percentages on the link, we have a 1.4% chance of going undefeated.

If we beat FSU (and the lines stay the same for the remaining games) our chances of winning the remaining games jumps to 7.8%

Based off those numbers , the Vegas over/under for wins will probably be 9 games which is actually pretty good since you will not see many teams with a much better O/U number.

Advertisement
Back