ESPN: Miami to unveil plans for $30 million football

Bad ***. Beautiful facility. Why isn't there an open fund for fans to donate toward this project!?

HUH? Just call the athletic department and you can donate as much as you want.

#BuildingChampions

"Fans to donate towards this project" is what I wrote. I do not want to give anymore money to the athletic department, I want to give some money to the IPF itself. They could set up an IPF only donation with different levels of donation...Like $500 you get on a list, $2000 you have a brick laid down with your name, donations of 10K+ get their name on a plaque. Typical fund raising stuff used by other schools and not-for-profits that raise money for new construction.

Advertisement
The University of Cincinnati made the top ten list as most beautiful campus in the world.

Looks absolutely beautiful. Can't believe how much difference a year can make. To go from the depths of despair after the Clemson loss to this is pretty incredible. My only question is, why would you announce it with literally 1/3 of the funding still needed? Is that meant to spur donations to get to the finish line?

Standard practice in the fundraising business. You announce it after you already have a sizeable percentage pledged. That way you will reach your announced goal and makes your institution (and the president) look good.

Bad ***. Beautiful facility. Why isn't there an open fund for fans to donate toward this project!?

#BuildingChampions

"Fans to donate towards this project" is what I wrote. I do not want to give anymore money to the athletic department, I want to give some money to the IPF itself. They could set up an IPF only donation with different levels of donation...Like $500 you get on a list, $2000 you have a brick laid down with your name, donations of 10K+ get their name on a plaque. Typical fund raising stuff used by other schools and not-for-profits that raise money for new construction.

Did you contact the athletics department to see if you can donate directly to the IPF project?

Looks absolutely beautiful. Can't believe how much difference a year can make. To go from the depths of despair after the Clemson loss to this is pretty incredible. My only question is, why would you announce it with literally 1/3 of the funding still needed? Is that meant to spur donations to get to the finish line?

Depths of despair after Clemson? I was elated. After I saw what was going on during the Clemson game, I was hoping they would crack a hundred. I was stoked and happy that the National Nightmare was over. I could watch the rest of the season with relief.

But yes. Good times roll now.

No kidding. We were all turning cartwheels we were so happy we got stomped. We ALL KNEW what was coming after that. The only question was who would replace Golden. We hit gold when UGA fired Richt.

The 58-0 loss to Clemson was the most important game in Miami Hurricane history since the theft of the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State.

Advertisement

#BuildingChampions

I think you're already on a list.

So remodeled hard Rock that is AMAZING..

Indoor practice facility of 30 million

Nicest campus in the country

Can the lacking in facilities tag be put to rest finally?

The campus is great, but it is not the "nicest" in the country.

boo this man

Off the top of my head:
Stanford
UCLA
UNC
UVA
Duke
UGA
Wake Forest
USMA
CU

that's not even scratching the surface

Not a lot of palm trees on any of these campuses other than UCLA. Depends on what you like but I've been to all but Wake Forest. If you like Boulder then you'll love the Air Force Academy. Miami doesn't have to take a backseat to any of the above.

Couldn't they knock down part of the wellness center so that we have our 100 yards of indoor practice space?

The campus is full of nerds and orientals anyway. None of them work out.

Advertisement
Miami's campus has come a long way. If you haven't been there in the last 5-10 years you wouldn't recognize much.

The fact that the city of Coral Gables is so uptight actually guarantees that this will look amazing.

There's no way they would allow something ugly to be erected in the middle of their city.

Advertisement
The fact that the city of Coral Gables is so uptight actually guarantees that this will look amazing.

There's no way they would allow something ugly to be erected in the middle of their city.

I get your point and agree it will be amazing; however, CG is the worst in South Florida when it comes to receiving any permits regardless of what it is. That's saying a lot.

Gotta love Rick taking control of all aspects of this program. From the unis to sketching what he wanted this facility to be. The dude speaks soft in public but is obviously the boss behind closed doors. The last clown pretended to be an alpha in public while he obviously was just along for the ride and in over his head behind closed doors. Sure, this all has to translate to results on the scoreboard but at least we know that we're getting the mindset right now.

Btw, remember the narrative that he was burned out?

Well when you have a potato for an AD; the competent coach really needs to be in control of everything.

This goes to show you that if they don't have space to build an IPF that fits a full size field, where the **** would they build a stadium on campus. Hard Rock stadium is perfectly fine.

My head will never stop hurting from this potato logic.

It doesn't have to be on ***ING CAMPUS. The Orange Bowl wasn't on campus. It is about having a place of OUR OWN.

Advertisement
The 58-0 loss to Clemson was the most important game in Miami Hurricane history...

That critical event for the Hurricanes could make for a great mid-point transition in the next installment of an E 30 for 30 chronicle telling the story of the Mighty Canes third rise from the ashes on their way to winning more NCs...

Great TV is ahead...

Go Canes.

I get your point and agree it will be amazing; however, CG is the worst in South Florida when it comes to receiving any permits regardless of what it is. That's saying a lot.

I think it basically took a miracle to get the BUC built because of those ********.

I think it basically took a miracle to get the BUC built because of those ********.

and even that wasn't allowed to have the full capacity that it was designed for.

The campus is great, but it is not the "nicest" in the country.

boo this man

Off the top of my head:
Stanford
UCLA
UNC
UVA
Duke
UGA
Wake Forest
USMA

that's not even scratching the surface
You do realize that's opinion right?

I've been to unc and wake. Can't speak for the others but I like Miami more

If you ever have the opportunity, check out Stanford. it's a ridiculously beautiful campus.

SMU is impressive as well.

the coked-out sorority girls are what make it so nice.

Advertisement
Back