ESPN: Miami to unveil plans for $30 million football

Richt buddy, at least give yourself the corner view of the waterfront and canal.

Advertisement
This goes to show you that if they don't have space to build an IPF that fits a full size field, where the **** would they build a stadium on campus. Hard Rock stadium is perfectly fine.

My head will never stop hurting from this potato logic.

It doesn't have to be on ***ING CAMPUS. The Orange Bowl wasn't on campus. It is about having a place of OUR OWN.

Do you mean a location that is not shared with the Dolphins? I can pretty much guarantee that any stadium built ANYWHERE in Dade County is not going to be solely for the University of Miami.

This goes to show you that if they don't have space to build an IPF that fits a full size field, where the **** would they build a stadium on campus. Hard Rock stadium is perfectly fine.

My head will never stop hurting from this potato logic.

It doesn't have to be on ***ING CAMPUS. The Orange Bowl wasn't on campus. It is about having a place of OUR OWN.

Do you mean a location that is not shared with the Dolphins? I can pretty much guarantee that any stadium built ANYWHERE in Dade County is not going to be solely for the University of Miami.

What does A have to do with B?

Looks absolutely beautiful. Can't believe how much difference a year can make. To go from the depths of despair after the Clemson loss to this is pretty incredible. My only question is, why would you announce it with literally 1/3 of the funding still needed? Is that meant to spur donations to get to the finish line?

Depths of despair after Clemson? I was elated. After I saw what was going on during the Clemson game, I was hoping they would crack a hundred. I was stoked and happy that the National Nightmare was over. I could watch the rest of the season with relief.

But yes. Good times roll now.

No kidding. We were all turning cartwheels we were so happy we got stomped. We ALL KNEW what was coming after that. The only question was who would replace Golden. We hit gold when UGA fired Richt.

I wasn't celebrating. I was scared ****less that we would retain him. Remember the announcement came the next day? He *** should have been left at the stadium.

Bad ***. Beautiful facility. Why isn't there an open fund for fans to donate toward this project!?

HUH? Just call the athletic department and you can donate as much as you want.

#BuildingChampions

"Fans to donate towards this project" is what I wrote. I do not want to give anymore money to the athletic department, I want to give some money to the IPF itself. They could set up an IPF only donation with different levels of donation...Like $500 you get on a list, $2000 you have a brick laid down with your name, donations of 10K+ get their name on a plaque. Typical fund raising stuff used by other schools and not-for-profits that raise money for new construction.

Did you contact the athletics department to see if you can donate directly to the IPF project?

I emailed them. Stand by for response

Advertisement
Bad ***. Beautiful facility. Why isn't there an open fund for fans to donate toward this project!?

#BuildingChampions

"Fans to donate towards this project" is what I wrote. I do not want to give anymore money to the athletic department, I want to give some money to the IPF itself. They could set up an IPF only donation with different levels of donation...Like $500 you get on a list, $2000 you have a brick laid down with your name, donations of 10K+ get their name on a plaque. Typical fund raising stuff used by other schools and not-for-profits that raise money for new construction.

Did you contact the athletics department to see if you can donate directly to the IPF project?

I emailed them. Stand by for response

I do not believe they have anything like this in place yet, just looking for major ($1M+) gifts at the moment. I'm sure there will be other "phases" of fundraising as well as an ongoing fund to cover the operating costs of the building.

I do know that they have a "Football Victory Fund" which goes directly towards football related initiatives.

I'm confused by the renderings relative to the existing fields

dbe95b4cf961e5f432dff51005498689.jpg

View attachment 38827

Everything in that picture will be covered

I guess the only part I'm unsure about is whether or not it will be a full length field inside the IPF like they've promised, since the exixsting turf field is only like 80 yards. Makes me wonder if they could fit a field going east-west.

Rok.UM will probably build new temporary turf and grass fields, remove existing fields, build facility, make temporary turf field into grass then use indoor turf when opponent is turf or raining.

Outstanding facility, that is the last piece of the facilities puzzle. I would like to see Blake and Co. stay on the ball in regards to facilities, I'd love to see Miami add or renovate these facilities once every five or so years, that means the department should be relentlessly fundraising. Don't get caught slipping again, keep moving forward. The next mountain to climb is assistant salaries/additional support staff, Richt has it good(He pushed for that before he took the job) but it could always be better.

Advertisement
So remodeled hard Rock that is AMAZING..

Indoor practice facility of 30 million

Nicest campus in the country

Can the lacking in facilities tag be put to rest finally?

The campus is great, but it is not the "nicest" in the country.

boo this man

Off the top of my head:
Stanford
UCLA
UNC
UVA
Duke
UGA
Wake Forest
USMA
CU

that's not even scratching the surface

That proves it.

******* Frachise...******* guy gets me every time. That is one funny dude. I would love to tailgate with that guy sometime...maybe not, I'd probably **** my pants.

The campus is great, but it is not the "nicest" in the country.

boo this man

Off the top of my head:
Stanford
UCLA
UNC
UVA
Duke
UGA
Wake Forest
USMA
CU

That proves it.

****ing Frachise...****ing guy gets me every time. That is one funny dude. I would love to tailgate with that guy sometime...maybe not, I'd probably **** my pants.

I agree, if i ever had the privledge of meeting him, I'd buy him a beer for the entertainment he provides on this site.

There are actual complaints about an IPF because of its size.

An IPF hidden on a small, lush, private college campus within minutes of one of the most incredible urban cities and its beaches in the whole world. I mean, people come from all over the **** world and the Chinese are pumping in billions of dollars in the metro areas that surround this safe, suburban campus paradise. The campus would now contain everything a future NFL prospect - whose family can likely still drive over - needs and could possibly get elsewhere.

Cot****, man.

@DMoney, @Andrew @Peter Ariz, let's pack this sh*t up and go back to Canestime.

Last edited:
Advertisement
boo this man

Off the top of my head:
Stanford
UCLA
UNC
UVA
Duke
UGA
Wake Forest
USMA

You do realize that's opinion right?

I've been to unc and wake. Can't speak for the others but I like Miami more
Best campus in the country is northeast New Jersey community college for the criminally insane. Has the best quad in the country
I hear South Harmon Institute of Technology is amazing too View attachment 38832

Heard al golden is applying to be the head urin speciist..he might bring Doritos to be his head toilet tissue technician

What major programs have only 80 yard fields?

Speaking on Wisconsin (say whatever jokes you will), the top recruits they have had visit (the few elite kids they recruit year to year) have repeatedly stated emphatically in interviews that Wisconsin has facilities on par with anyone. Their IPF is connected to Camp Randall Stadiumand is very nice imo. Great sound system, plenty of room on the sidelines for spectators when they have open practices and just an overall great facility. Cherry on top: When I went there you literally can't tell the field is only 80 yards. They did work up and down the field on both ends including deep passes, special teams, goaline and everything in between...you would never know if you didn't see that the midfield number is a 40 instead of a 50. When you have a football field inside a **** building, that is an accomplishment-it looks huge in there, I think people drastically underestimate just how much of an area that takes up even with "ONLY" 80 yards in-between the EZs.

Bottom line: this WILL NOT be an issue for anybody involved in the program. If it really was that big of a deal it would be 100 yards and the outside fields would be de-prioritized and shortened, albeit at an increased cost. If Richt is down with it, so am I-nobody donates $1M for something they are not all-in for. Instead of nit-picking, we should be celebrating the fact that the final piece (outside of on the field play, just talking extraneous things) is in place for us to complete our comeback and reign over CFB once again!

Like people have said, 80 yds is plenty long, especially with the side area to run drills for groups not involved on the main area.

Advertisement

#BuildingChampions

Per the Hurricane Club

"Good Morning Davion,

Yes, there will be a separate fund and you will be able to donate directly to that. Stay tuned for our big announcement later today and we will follow up with you on Monday morning to provide more details on how and where you can donate.

Thanks so much for your interest, have a great weekend and Go Canes!

-Adam"

#BuildingChampions

Per the response from the Hurricane Club

"Good Morning Davion,

Yes, there will be a separate fund and you will be able to donate directly to that. Stay tuned for our big announcement later today and we will follow up with you on Monday morning to provide more details on how and where you can donate.

-Adam"

#BuildingChampions

Per the response from the Hurricane Club

"Good Morning Davion,

-Adam"
Nice. When you get the email and link post a new thread with donate info and we will sticky that **** and get this thing done

Advertisement
Back