Ermon Lane's AMA (ask me anything)

Advertisement
-Do you care if you play in the SEC or ACC? — No

That says a lot to me. But then again, a lot of that could have been flim flam.

Apparently that AMA with Lane was done on Twitter and gatorbait just copy and pasted it on their board. Not sure who was asking the questions.

Based on the grammar and diction used in the questions as well as the depth of thought in the questions, I'm fairly certain Woodward and Bernstein were asking the questions.

Apparently that AMA with Lane was done on Twitter and gatorbait just copy and pasted it on their board. Not sure who was asking the questions.

Based on the grammar and diction used in the questions as well as the depth of thought in the questions, I'm fairly certain Woodward and Bernstein were asking the questions.

whoever it was is gonna get their *** caught in the wringer

I am starting to think all our WR depth is going to keep us from landing any of the big 3 we keep drooling over. Coley is on campus and might not see the field much this year and there still a chance Griffin makes it in. Langam should be outstanding year and if we add that fast little white boy from NC, we can live with losing all these guys in 2014. Hey, it would be great to get them it is starting to look like that might not happen. I think it is a mistake for everyone to declare any 17 year old kid as make or break. Winning is make or break, not some kid. This is THE U and nobody matters unless and until they become a CANE. If they don't then they are just some OTHER guy who plays football. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE U.

Advertisement
He is a diva... he wants early playing time like Amari Cooper got at Alabama... I don't think he will get that much PT here... we have a ton of great talent ahead of him... I am usually optimistic but I don't see him in this class... you might see him at FL or ALAB...

I don't understand why anyone would still think Miami is the picture here. He has given not one indication he isn't going out of town. Staff knows it. We have practically filled our WR class already.

Advertisement
This reminds me a little of 6 last year from a fans perspective. Obviously we're not on staff and haven't gotten a silent commit to think otherwise but he literally hasn't given one indication that we're favored or even heavily in consideration. Sucks to lose a stud from your backyard but at least we're not hurting at the position

This reminds me a little of 6 last year from a fans perspective. Obviously we're not on staff and haven't gotten a silent commit to think otherwise but he literally hasn't given one indication that we're favored or even heavily in consideration. Sucks to lose a stud from your backyard but at least we're not hurting at the position

He also posed for a picture throwing up the U.

I will not fall for the banana in the tailpipe routine.

Advertisement
Out of ALL of the positions on the field, WR is the one that we can afford the loss. We're still stacked with talent! At this point, Lane is a luxury, not a necessity. Would LOVE 2 sign him, no doubt, but if we don't, I won't be devastated.

Advertisement
It would REALLY suck to lose this kid because he is on my list of MUST GETs and to lose Lane, Cook, AND Sony in one year is almost depressing. But if we can find a way to sneak Griffin into school I would feel better. And class of Coley and Griffin to go along with a potential class Langham, Dixon, and whoever else wouldnt make me lose sleep at night. Especially since Griffin is by far the best athlete and out all the receivers we have been courting this year and last year.

Im not getting emotional now or even NSD with Lane. Just like 5 months ago when we said "if we win they will come" that's how Lane is but I also know that a class with Rudolph, Dixon, Langham and maybe Berrios is almost elite and I won't complain. Just like many recruits we had this time last year who ended up decommitting there will be guys like that at every school so nobody and I mean nobody should be *****ing right now about what Lane says but we should focus on Dixon who is deciding this summer (or so he says).

Golden is gonna get whichever WR who comes here to perform. Look at a guy like Streeter who was written off. One season under Golden and he gets drafted. I was reading an article on texas recruiting where Mack Brown was talking about the rise of A&M recruiting and if that wasnt the purest example of player recruitment and development is more important than class rankings i don't know what is!

Advertisement
Back