Ereck Flowers

Guysms I missed this thread. Flowers clip is 🔥. Wow at that nasty streak. About time they moved him inside.

Advertisement
Moving backwards and absorbing force is unnatural. Fans think swapping sides or positions for an OL is as easy as WRs moving along the formation. The footwork and muscle memory doesn't transfer like that. Even experienced pros struggle with it a lot of the time. Zion needs less on his plate not more.

If Nelson struggles timing the snap and getting off the ball what do you think will happen if he's inside where **** happens even faster? Alex Cappa was a 4 year LT in college and it took him a redshirt year to get used to the pace and physicality of the OG position. You also say Zion struggles with power - well you see way more bullrushes from bigger dudes inside than outside.

Flowers and Nelson do not have the same traits. Flowers is stiff and has/had issues with pad level, balance and hand placement. But he's big and powerful. Nelson is agile and smooth athletically but had major technical and mental issues last year. Stance and footwork in particular. Unlike Flowers Zion can't just fall back on his size and envelop lesser guys.

Neg me all you want but the bottom line is you don't know what you're talking about. You're putting way too much emphasis on film results from poor circumstances instead of evaluating traits and projecting skills. Being a raw 18 year old LT who played in the worst possible scheme after rapid weight gain - that's not the story of Zion's career. With OL it's about the WHY and HOW not the "what". That's what I've learned from Duke Manyweather who trains top OL and prospects like Terron Armstead and Mekhi Becton.

No chance i would put him at Guard. He isnt strong at Tackle.

If they did what i thought early in the season we likely win UF game off bat. They should have played Scaife at tackle to start the season...and work Nelson in. Not reqard him for being the tallest midget and have him have his *** handed to him.

I have solid hopes for Nelson out wide though..he has some ability.

Ereck Flowers and Nelson isnt a good comparison as Ereck was always a strong kid...even coming into UM. Nelson is coming to UM at like 255 pounds. He is getting comfortable in his weight

You both are 100% correct. Moving Nelson to G would be beyond retarded, and there's no comparison between him & Flowers. They are 2 completely different players

Last edited:
Advertisement
Super excited for Ereck Flowers!

Glad he got paid & it's good to see him coming back home.

He should be our biggest recruiting pitch for local OL's, Issiah Walker Jr seriously played himself & should've followed in his footsteps. That kid would probably be starting if he signed with us smh.

Good for Flowers he'll do great with the Phins.

Lol. Flowers is hot garbage. I loved him in college but he has caused me to absolutely hate him. He single handily lost the giants multiple games

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back