Ereck Flowers

Advertisement
Would be curious to hear what changed besides moving inside. His downfall from my point of view has been he never really improved his technique from HS to the league. He's one of the more violent dudes you'll find on film though.

He has horrible technique, which gets you exposed at tackle, because you’re often by yourself and in space. He still has horrible technique at guard, but he’s strong and athletic, coupled with the fact he’s working in a more confined space.

It’s been talked about quite a bit. The conclusion from this exercise relating to recruiting is that you recruit as many tackles as possible bc if they don’t pan out at tackle, you can try this inside. Whereas a guard to tackle move is very rare.

Happy for him. OT, but funny how even our best tackles are naturally better guards. We've been recruiting tackles wrong for over a decade.

Advertisement
Advertisement

but Dmoney i was told South Florida players stink and dont try hard! i was told that theres no SoFla linemen and thats why poor brilliant Manny isnt beating Nick Saban for coach of the year. Poor Manny, its those **** selfish black 18 year olds ruining his dream gig!

Always looking for work; our guards need to take note

He's way more athletic than Donaldson and Jakai though

Happy he's playing well. Always knew NY wasn't going to be a good spot for him when he got drafted

THIS.

It was really impressive the way he kept his hands up and found a defender to make contact with even if there was no one on him initially.

Even after locking a guy up, he kept his head on a swivel and made sure none got by him even though he was already engaged.

He was blocking two players and creating pockets just staying balanced and initiating the blow. Passing guys off, picking up others coming free.

Really nice to watch.

Advertisement
Wanted Bucs to take a chance on him. Would be great to have a line that actually pushes people around. On the other hand would just give jameis more time to throw pics

Advertisement
Ereck flowers has completely turned his career around with that season he just had for the redskins playing guard instead of tackle . In terms of play he was their best offensive lineman last year even over Brandon scherff and Morgan Moses who are paid very well. He had an elite season at guard. Sometimes olineman are built to play certain positions and are Bad fits at other spots. I bring That up because if Nelson bulks up a little more maybe we can try him at guard since he’s a pretty good run blocker

Last edited:
Nelson had a lot of issues with jump sets last year. At OG you don't have a buffer of space - the action happens right off the snap. That would only exacerbate his issues.

You don't take a guy who has issues with technique and assignment and move him to another position with a fresh learning curve. Fans who know nothing about OL play always wanna do this.

Nelson just needs practice reps and a scheme that suits his skillset better. He has the physical traits to be a good vertical-setting OT who can move around in the run game.

Advertisement
Back