Ereck flowers

This. And this is a huge problem for him because he looks like he is just losing confidence by the second. Which for a young kid like him isnt a good thing. I think he is still only like 23 right? Came into the league at 20 I believe. I hope he can turn it around somehow or maybe get a second chance with another team. The NY media can be ruthless so getting abused in that city wont help things.

I cant understand how he isnt getting better though having to go up against JPP and OV everyday in practice. It doesnt get any better then those two guys.

It's over for Flowers in NY. Stick a fork in him. He looked like he gave up yesterday when Ziggy, who has taken to Coach Golden's constant tutoring, was ragdolling him.

I hope he can take advantage of a fresh start somewhere else.

Coach Golden has nothing to do with coaching the DL.

Don't tell me my business, boy! Coach Golden has everything to do with every position on that football team. Coach Golden is first and foremost a teacher and mentor, and it's well known in Detroit that he's taken Ziggy under his prodigious wing.

Meat me somewhere. Why do Detroit's TEs suck?

I don't know what Detroit team you're not watching, but Detroit's TEs are amongst the best in football. And they're also great in the community. Credit to Coach Golden.

Let's meat.

Advertisement
Any guy with real power will give himt rouble. Ziggy Ansah is one of those guys.

Its compounded when u have a qb that doesnt have much pocket presence and cant move or scramble, and no threat of a run game./.Add to it an iditot fpr an oc. The giants offensive philosophy is just bad...and they just blame it on the oline. But their oc sucks. They have targeted Brandon Marshall maybe 3 times in 2 ganes and he will erupt pretty soon about it...Odell Beckham literally is their offense. They have practice squad guys at rb.

Gogeta is that because of poor technique? I'm interested in someone that knows OL to explain what's going on with his play.

His technique is terrible and he lunges too much. I don't understand how he benches that much yet get overpowered so easily

You answered your own question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any guy with real power will give himt rouble. Ziggy Ansah is one of those guys.

Its compounded when u have a qb that doesnt have much pocket presence and cant move or scramble, and no threat of a run game./.Add to it an iditot fpr an oc. The giants offensive philosophy is just bad...and they just blame it on the oline. But their oc sucks. They have targeted Brandon Marshall maybe 3 times in 2 ganes and he will erupt pretty soon about it...Odell Beckham literally is their offense. They have practice squad guys at rb.

Gogeta is that because of poor technique? I'm interested in someone that knows OL to explain what's going on with his play.

His technique is terrible and he lunges too much. I don't understand how he benches that much yet get overpowered so easily

Even when he doesn't lunge he gets walked straight back into the qbs lap sometimes by the end

Even when he doesn't lunge he gets walked straight back into the qbs lap sometimes by the end

Doesn't matter. Oline is all about technique

Advertisement

Doesn't matter. Oline is all about technique

True, giants got to give him some help. Move him to right tackle or something

Im a Giant fan and from the moment Reese became the GM the roster has been **** because of poor draft after poor draft. Flowers was terribly over drafted at a position no one but the Giants felt like was a bonafide NFL LT. I **** myself when they drafted him. Add Justin Pugh to the list of horrible evaluation by the front office. I wish William Beautty or whatever his name was would come back and play T. That is how horrible Flowers has been

Im a Giant fan and from the moment Reese became the GM the roster has been **** because of poor draft after poor draft. Flowers was terribly over drafted at a position no one but the Giants felt like was a bonafide NFL LT. I **** myself when they drafted him. Add Justin Pugh to the list of horrible evaluation by the front office. I wish William Beautty or whatever his name was would come back and play T. That is how horrible Flowers has been

hes god awful there was like a million running backs and dude didnt draft one and when he does they r unexplosive then u have the OL BS, the only pick where I saw **** that was a good pick for where the giants were positioned was Landon Collins (dont know how he fell)

I was never impressed with him here either . He has the physical skills obviously just uses them so rarely to the best of his ability.

Advertisement
Maybe I watched a different game but to blame Flowers on a loss and not Eli running into Dends is crazy. Eli held on to the ball for ******* 9 seconds on a sack. He is trash

Flowers is just yet another example of a top OL coming out for the Draft too soon. This 3-and-out mentality is killing the game. Development has largely gone out the window. There's a reason guys like Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Jonathan Ogden aren't all in the league at the same time. OL used to **** near be mandatory red shirts and always be 4th/5th year guys when entering the draft. They used to enter the league seasoned and well-coached along with being more physically and mentally matured. Just not the case anymore. Skill guys can get away with it more but you still see tons of guys leaving early just to go undrafted. Sad thing is that the entitled mentality and instant gratification these players want is here to stay until something is done systematically to improve the development of young players.

Personally I think all freshman should redshirt to give everyone a year of development so that when they do hit the field they are more physically capable of holding up through an entire season as well as knowing the playbook inside/out as well as getting ahead, or caught up for some, in school. You would see drastically less injuries, better game tape from the players rather than having bad tape early on, more confident/prepared players, and weed out the weak-minded guys and trouble makers before they are able to steal valuable reps from guys more willing to earn it. Plus the coaches would then be able to sign more guys each cycle due to increased turnover/transfers and you should in theory have less kids getting pushed out through attrition bc it would happen more naturally.

Secondly, I think the NFL should take the approach similarly to the NBA and allow these prospects to go through more of the draft process before having to declare and still be able to return later. But the NCAA and their hypocrisy will be the largest hurdle here.

Lastly, since it would be almost impossible for the NFL to create a developmental/minor league due to cost restraints, barring combing the AFL/CFL/IFL in billions in expenses, they should just expand the Practice Squad by a large number so they can scrimmage either their own players against each other OR against opposing teams, so they can get game reps with full contact to really focus on development... which I feel is actually fairly realistic imo. Just my two cents...

Very underrated post.

No one is blaming the loss on Flowers, its never on 1 man. He has played terrible from the get go and he is off to a terrible start again, he hasn't gotten one lick better upon arrival. I am just assuming he just doesn't want it, maybe he doesn't love football. He is way too much of a talent to at least not be solid NFL lineman. He is no where near that and now he can't even get any push in the run game either. They have to move him out of LT and try him somewhere else or bench him.

Maybe I watched a different game but to blame Flowers on a loss and not Eli running into Dends is crazy. Eli held on to the ball for ****ing 9 seconds on a sack. He is trash

This. Eli is just as much to blame as the OL. Needs to get the ******* ball out of his hands

Advertisement
Flowers is just yet another example of a top OL coming out for the Draft too soon. This 3-and-out mentality is killing the game. Development has largely gone out the window. There's a reason guys like Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Jonathan Ogden aren't all in the league at the same time. OL used to **** near be mandatory red shirts and always be 4th/5th year guys when entering the draft. They used to enter the league seasoned and well-coached along with being more physically and mentally matured. Just not the case anymore. Skill guys can get away with it more but you still see tons of guys leaving early just to go undrafted. Sad thing is that the entitled mentality and instant gratification these players want is here to stay until something is done systematically to improve the development of young players.

Personally I think all freshman should redshirt to give everyone a year of development so that when they do hit the field they are more physically capable of holding up through an entire season as well as knowing the playbook inside/out as well as getting ahead, or caught up for some, in school. You would see drastically less injuries, better game tape from the players rather than having bad tape early on, more confident/prepared players, and weed out the weak-minded guys and trouble makers before they are able to steal valuable reps from guys more willing to earn it. Plus the coaches would then be able to sign more guys each cycle due to increased turnover/transfers and you should in theory have less kids getting pushed out through attrition bc it would happen more naturally.

Secondly, I think the NFL should take the approach similarly to the NBA and allow these prospects to go through more of the draft process before having to declare and still be able to return later. But the NCAA and their hypocrisy will be the largest hurdle here.

Lastly, since it would be almost impossible for the NFL to create a developmental/minor league due to cost restraints, barring combing the AFL/CFL/IFL in billions in expenses, they should just expand the Practice Squad by a large number so they can scrimmage either their own players against each other OR against opposing teams, so they can get game reps with full contact to really focus on development... which I feel is actually fairly realistic imo. Just my two cents...

Vernon left early too. He's doing fine.

One more year of coaching wasn't going to make much of a difference IMO. If a college coach can't get a guy polished within 3 years he ain't gonna do it in 4. Another year under Kehoe wasn't going to stop Flowers from being raped on national TV last night.

He's not a rookie. He's got 3 years of D1 coaching under his belt and a year of NFL coaching.

And Flowers was ahead of the curve as far as physical development. He's a monster. His body has been NFL ready for a long time.

Last edited:

One more year of coaching wasn't going to make much of a difference IMO. If a college coach can't get a guy polished within 3 years he ain't gonna do it in 4. Another year under Kehoe wasn't going to stop Flowers from being raped on national TV last night.

He's not a rookie. He's got 3 years of D1 coaching under his belt and a year of NFL coaching.

I'll give you that. Kehoe was terrible at developing guys but he knew talent, there's a ton of guys they offered that people laughed at that turned out to be great players, most notably Forrest Lamp.

It may not have made a big difference for him since it's hard to Top being a Top 10 pick, but he surely would've been at least somewhat improved and more prepared for the NFL

Advertisement

And Flowers was ahead of the curve as far as physical development. He's a monster. His body has been NFL ready for a long time.

Some kids could really use that extra year. Joe Yearbly .bard.kaayak.

Another factor a lot of kids don't consider enough is who else will be in their class. Sometimes it's better to leave early or wait a year based on how strong/weak your position's class is projected to be

Brad could've used it maybe.
Wouldn't have helped Joe IMO. He runs a 5.4 forty despite being undersized. That wasn't going to change.

He was always a RT in the NFL. The giants are the dumb ones playing him out of position.

BINGO!! hes not a LT if he played RT he wouldn't be this terrible that's his natural position.

Explain to me how his technique or toughness would change at RT?

Guys don't realize that you can't just hide your non-pass blockers at RT anymore. Every line position is going to have to block great pass rushers these days. Coaches are putting their athletes on the lines because they know what a dominant pass rush can do to an offense.

So we have a lot of poor OL coaching, and honestly, they just haven't caught up to what's going on with DL's today. OL play in the league is getting to be pretty bad. I'd bet it takes 5-10 years before we see a significant change in OL play league wide.

Advertisement
Back