Ereck flowers

Any guy with real power will give himt rouble. Ziggy Ansah is one of those guys.

Its compounded when u have a qb that doesnt have much pocket presence and cant move or scramble, and no threat of a run game./.Add to it an iditot fpr an oc. The giants offensive philosophy is just bad...and they just blame it on the oline. But their oc sucks. They have targeted Brandon Marshall maybe 3 times in 2 ganes and he will erupt pretty soon about it...Odell Beckham literally is their offense. They have practice squad guys at rb.

Advertisement
I don't know what happened but the guy is a shell of his former self. He was really good his rookie year and has struggled since last year. Won't be surprised if he gets benched real soon. If he doesn't watch out he might get cut soon rather than later

Advertisement
Not sure moving to RT is going to make a difference. He's being absolutely abused. Being on the right side isn't going to stop him from being bull-rushed into the QB and/or having his hands knocked down by pass rushers. This ain't the 1990's where defenses only have one good pass rusher who lines up at right Defensive End every play. A new OC or different QB aren't going to help either. He's simply not that good. Although my knowledge of OL play isn't top notch, from the perspective of someone who specializes in pass rush, his technique just looks awful to me. Plays high and is too predictable while shooting his hands.

Advertisement
Massive bust and I called this before the draft.

For all the natural talent, his level of play was never better than above average while he was here. He was never elite. That should've been a huge red flag.

^exactly

He was never THAT good, he was just a freak athlete. He was someone that a team was willing to take a chance on in the 1st round because of his size, strength and athleticism.

Another Kehoe guy who didn't play up to his potential IMO.

**** plz stop posting. Every single poster on this board absolutely hates you.

Cry about it some more you dumb fvck

Brock your like the dumbass that shoots himself in the foot with a shot gun and then wonders why you walk w/ a limp.

I am not trying to engage in the "hating" but you gotta see how you set yourself up for failure....every single ******* day

Brock your like the dumbass that shoots himself in the foot with a shot gun and then wonders why you walk w/ a limp.

I am not trying to engage in the "hating" but you gotta see how you set yourself up for failure....every single ****ing day

I'm posting about ereck flowers performance lately because he has been getting exposed on prime time the last 2 weeks . Ain't nothing wrong with that. You mfs keep overreacting over every ******* thread. It ain't that deep...

Advertisement
Flowers is just yet another example of a top OL coming out for the Draft too soon. This 3-and-out mentality is killing the game. Development has largely gone out the window. There's a reason guys like Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Jonathan Ogden aren't all in the league at the same time. OL used to **** near be mandatory red shirts and always be 4th/5th year guys when entering the draft. They used to enter the league seasoned and well-coached along with being more physically and mentally matured. Just not the case anymore. Skill guys can get away with it more but you still see tons of guys leaving early just to go undrafted. Sad thing is that the entitled mentality and instant gratification these players want is here to stay until something is done systematically to improve the development of young players.

Personally I think all freshman should redshirt to give everyone a year of development so that when they do hit the field they are more physically capable of holding up through an entire season as well as knowing the playbook inside/out as well as getting ahead, or caught up for some, in school. You would see drastically less injuries, better game tape from the players rather than having bad tape early on, more confident/prepared players, and weed out the weak-minded guys and trouble makers before they are able to steal valuable reps from guys more willing to earn it. Plus the coaches would then be able to sign more guys each cycle due to increased turnover/transfers and you should in theory have less kids getting pushed out through attrition bc it would happen more naturally.

Secondly, I think the NFL should take the approach similarly to the NBA and allow these prospects to go through more of the draft process before having to declare and still be able to return later. But the NCAA and their hypocrisy will be the largest hurdle here.

Lastly, since it would be almost impossible for the NFL to create a developmental/minor league due to cost restraints, barring combing the AFL/CFL/IFL in billions in expenses, they should just expand the Practice Squad by a large number so they can scrimmage either their own players against each other OR against opposing teams, so they can get game reps with full contact to really focus on development... which I feel is actually fairly realistic imo. Just my two cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flowers is just yet another example of a top OL coming out for the Draft too soon. This 3-and-out mentality is killing the game. Development has largely gone out the window. There's a reason guys like Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Jonathan Ogden aren't all in the league at the same time. OL used to **** near be mandatory red shirts and always be 4th/5th year guys when entering the draft. They used to enter the league seasoned and well-coached along with being more physically and mentally matured. Just not the case anymore. Skill guys can get away with it more but you still see tons of guys leaving early just to go undrafted. Sad thing is that the entitled mentality and instant gratification these players want is here to stay until something is done systematically to improve the development of young players.

Personally I think all freshman should redshirt to give everyone a year of development so that when they do hit the field they are more physically capable of holding up through an entire season as well as knowing the playbook inside/out as well as getting ahead, or caught up for some, in school. You would see drastically less injuries, better game tape from the players rather than having bad tape early on, more confident/prepared players, and weed out the weak-minded guys and trouble makers before they are able to steal valuable reps from guys more willing to earn it. Plus the coaches would then be able to sign more guys each cycle due to increased turnover/transfers and you should in theory have less kids getting pushed out through attrition bc it would happen more naturally.

Secondly, I think the NFL should take the approach similarly to the NBA and allow these prospects to go through more of the draft process before having to declare and still be able to return later. But the NCAA and their hypocrisy will be the largest hurdle here.

Lastly, since it would be almost impossible for the NFL to create a developmental/minor league due to cost restraints, barring combing the AFL/CFL/IFL in billions in expenses, they should just expand the Practice Squad by a large number so they can scrimmage either their own players against each other OR against opposing teams, so they can get game reps with full contact to really focus on development... which I feel is actually fairly realistic imo. Just my two cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have two choices.
Be a top 10 draft pick or play another year under Al Golden.

Blah blah blah blah... entitlement.... blah blah blah... weak-minded... blah blah blah blah blah...

He needs to stop making the same mistakes over and over. This is a problem no matter where he is playing. Me may be better suited for guard or right tackle. Blaming Flowers for the Giants mistakes is misguided.

I know...Lets trash FORMER MIAMI HURRICANES!!! AND MAKE A ******* THREAD ABOUT IT!!! ******* losers schmucks.

Advertisement

I am not trying to engage in the "hating" but you gotta see how you set yourself up for failure....every single ****ing day

I'm posting about ereck flowers performance lately because he has been getting exposed on prime time the last 2 weeks . Ain't nothing wrong with that. You mfs keep overreacting over every ******* thread. It ain't that deep...

Has no problem bashing players that put on for their city and are struggling. But watch out if you criticize a recruit for trolling the fanbase during Hurricane Irma.

Brock, it's no wonder you get the crap that you do. Surprisingly, I think the board doesn't give you enough grief.

He's out there getting rag dolled by Ziggy Ansah.

He has given up 3 sacks in the last 15 minutes of gameplay

In fairness, the receivers don't get open and Eli has a penchant for holding onto that ball too long. Typically you wanna get rid of the ball in 2.4 seconds on average. That guy holds onto it way beyond 3 or 4 seconds and he's got no mobility so makes the OL looks worse then it already is. That's how I look at it.

Put Ereck Flowers on, say, Seattle, or ****, even Tampa Bay, and he won't give up as many.

Advertisement
Back