Era defining game. Mario is the bust we all knew he'd be

The good thing about being a fan is I can ignore reality when it comes to these canes. No, they not that good but I put it on TVD. Dude could be average and that woulda been a win. Cristobal deserves some blame for that but the defense came to play and receivers was getting open.

If Emory has a couple games before burning his shirt, he and jacurri should split the rest of the games imo. This team isn’t playing for anything other than each other at this point so coach might as well get these guys something on film to go into next season.

I’m still riding with Cristobal but I hope he makes a change at that position. TVD gave us moments and ngl he was lit in a few games but he’s just another QB that didn’t consistently live up to potential that he’s shown.

Advertisement
UGA has won 26 str8 and two titles and Michigans only loss in the last season and half was a playoff game.

Just say you don’t like Mario and or don’t like the style of offense, but they doesn’t mean it’s not an effective approach.
UGA can throw the ball and they sling it around and open up the offense in all their big games.. Stetson won them those big games by stepping up big time.. Mario seems to be missing that element

IMG_0993.jpeg

Miami will lose at least 3 or more games every year Mario is head coaRch....

2 of them will be winnable games he mismanaged and the others will be blowout losses in big games...

He will never be head coaRch of an undefeated team...

Advertisement
This is what the next 5 years will look like in the Mario Cristobal era.

Coaching scared. Antiquated offense. Absolutely HORRENDOUS feel for the game.

He will never be able to escape who he really is.

Tonight encapsulated everything. TVD gave you EVERY REASON IN THE BOOK to be pulled and Mario didn't flinch. Mario stuck with a guy that has no accuracy and the WOAT pocket presence and bet on him to win.

Spoiler alert: we **** the bed.

His philosophy of building around the OL and run game is a good foundation but it can't be your only formula. It needs to be exactly that: a foundation that you build on. What good is an OL that can pick up blitzes and keep a clean pocket for 5 seconds if you don't have the right QB?

Mario doesn't have the juice to pull in a top tiered QB and crucially also DOESN'T have the eye to even get a serviceable QB that can win you games. And today was proof of it all. Emory Williams got you a W over Clemson and you won't trust him against NCST?!?!

Clemson and NCST are the same team. Horrendous offense with great defense. BE AGGRESSIVE AND GO FOR THE WIN WITH A PROVEN EMORY. TVD is out there BEGGING you to do so.

But he could never pick up on that. Because he is who he is.

A neanderthal

View attachment 264399
Fantastic post! My sentiments exactly!

Mario micromanaging the offense is killing the team; y'all blaming Dawson but his hands are cuffed by a hc who has never been a coordinator, so he's never had to put together a game plan to outscheme a defense. This is Dawson's biggest job yet; he's building his resume but probably didn't get to know Mario(the stubbornness, input on the O) before he took the job. I don't think Dawson will be at UM but 2 seasons. I don't think we will ever keep a OC more than 2 yrs under this HC. We're stuck with this HC and his "tough guy" mentality at least 6 more seasons before a buyout.
Mario's last 3 years at Oregon he replaced either his offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator each year

100000%

Mario is trying to build the 2012 Alabama offense of game manager QB and pound the rock. What he doesn’t realize is that Saban moved on from that style because it’s not sustainable in todays version of college football.
He is a dinosaur and will fail.
I bet Nick Saban believed in the occasional 2 minute -hurry up- offense. You've got 2+ minutes before halftime( I believe two timeouts) and no direction, no sense of urgency. Even the commentators were confused.

I've never seen a more lethargic and predictable offense. We hace devolved back into Gattis's offense....or maybe this was the plan after all.

Advertisement
I bet Nick Saban believed in the occasional 2 minute -hurry up- offense. You've got 2+ minutes before halftime( I believe two timeouts) and no direction, no sense of urgency. Even the commentators were confused.

I've never seen a more lethargic and predictable offense. We hace devolved back into Gattis's offense....or maybe this was the plan after all.
Mario should never be mentioned in the same breathe as Saban or Kirby

This has to fall on mario .. Dawson has the rep of the air raid offense .. we look like we’re playing leather helmet era football . He has to be putting the handcuffs on dawson. If I’m Dawson im out after BC

100000%

Mario is trying to build the 2012 Alabama offense of game manager QB and pound the rock. What he doesn’t realize is that Saban moved on from that style because it’s not sustainable in todays version of college football.
He is a dinosaur and will fail.
The problem is you need an actual game manager not whatever the **** TVD has morphed into 😭

Where are these "other programs" with their two-year rebuilds?

Florida State was 6-12 under Mike Norvell late year two going into the Miami upset—3-6 in year one and 0-4 out the gate in 2021 (with a loss to Jacksonville State). 10-3 year three and 9-0 to start year four.

USC is 7-3 this year in Lincoln Riley's offense—with a Heisman quarterback—and has Oregon and UCLA on deck, realistically looking at 8-4 or 7-5 after 11-3 year one with Williams and grabbing Addison from the portal as a result of his offense and OU quarterback.

Most programs in really bad shape do not have next-level success year two. Stop it.
Is it a rebuild if you are worse then Manny Diaz?

Advertisement
I was a fan of the Canes before Howard got here. I have never seen a corch who is so predictable, so stubborn, so out of touch As Mario. We were told he could recruit. We were not told he could not recruit QBs and WRs. We were told he had seen winning programs. We were not told he did not understand them. We were told he would be given the resources to hire a great staff. We were not told he would take months to make decisions and miss out on his top candidates because others offered first.

A small sample Of his work.

Last night we trailed by two scores with about three and a half minutes to play. When we get the ball we run TWO plays in 65 seconds. We huddled on both. Both were passes for a total gain of 5 yards.

Last night we trailed by 4 points in the 4th quarter and had a 4th and one from the two. We bring in our super-double heavy package that included freshmen OL and TE. We have our statute QB in the pistol, 4 yards behind center hand the ball to our freshman RB. He is to run into the pile of 11 defenders straight in front of him. Guess which two players missed blocks so that we can lose yardage?

Georgia Tech-even children who play X-Box knew what to do.

Oh have I mentioned that it turns out that Mario really can’t recruit without having the biggest bags and will land a very Golden-Diaz level class this year. Since he has 8 years left on his contract, I have realized that I will not see another NC level run during my lifetime.

I understood Dennis, his brilliance and his problem. I felt sad for Randy and the realization that he was a really good DC and good guy who got promoted above his ability level. I liked Al and what he was trying to do until it became clear that he didn’t want to be here. I loved Mark and was saddened by his illness. Manny made me smile until he didn’t.

I HATE MARIO. Rant over.

Where are these "other programs" with their two-year rebuilds?

Florida State was 6-12 under Mike Norvell late year two going into the Miami upset—3-6 in year one and 0-4 out the gate in 2021 (with a loss to Jacksonville State). 10-3 year three and 9-0 to start year four.

USC is 7-3 this year in Lincoln Riley's offense—with a Heisman quarterback—and has Oregon and UCLA on deck, realistically looking at 8-4 or 7-5 after 11-3 year one with Williams and grabbing Addison from the portal as a result of his offense and OU quarterback.

Most programs in really bad shape do not have next-level success year two. Stop it.
This is why it's TBD if Mario is a bust. Plenty of very good HC in CFB don't turn the corner until Year 3. James Franklin's another guy who went 14-12 his first two years at the helm, only to go 22-4 the next two years. I'm not saying Mario's gonna do that, just saying that most schools that have been in the dumps take at least 2-3 years to start showing major progress.

Advertisement
If Mario is ever going to succeed, he has to get out of the way. I think a lot of us assumed he would be the CEO leader type, but I’ve seen a much different picture so far. I think he heavily involves himself in game plans, scheme etc and he sucks at that to put it mildly. He’s not a good X/O coach at all but I don’t think he sees it that way. I’m almost sure he doesn’t.

Not sure if anyway can get him to change his ways honestly. I tend to think not. It’s staggering to watch how much better and more efficient Oregon looks in the time since he left. This version of Mario is beyond doomed.

UGA can throw the ball and they sling it around and open up the offense in all their big games.. Stetson won them those big games by stepping up big time.. Mario seems to be missing that element

Why the **** is anyone talking about UGA??

Beat ****** NC State. beat GT. beat UNC.

We recruit better than all of em.

If Mario is ever going to succeed, he has to get out of the way. I think a lot of us assumed he would be the CEO leader type, but I’ve seen a much different picture so far. I think he heavily involves himself in game plans, scheme etc and he sucks at that to put it mildly. He’s not a good X/O coach at all but I don’t think he sees it that way. I’m almost sure he doesn’t.

Not sure if anyway can get him to change his ways honestly. I tend to think not. It’s staggering to watch how much better and more efficient Oregon looks in the time since he left. This version of Mario is beyond doomed.

The fans will run Mario out of town by Year 5. The admin will fire him mid Year 6. He's on the Al Golden trajectory.

Then the university with do a national coaching search of any and all coaches who ever played or coached at Columbus High School.

The fans will run Mario out of town by Year 5. The admin will fire him mid Year 6. He's on the Al Golden trajectory.

Then the university with do a national coaching search of any and all coaches who ever played or coached at Columbus High School.
I’d argue Mario is running himself out of town 23 months in. His tenure has been a complete disaster. Staffing has been a mess, on field play worse. As bad as MTSU was last year, he comes up with GT this year to further embarrass everybody.

Somebody either gets his ear and convinces him to remove himself from trying to coach or this is going to end just as every other hire we’ve had does. He needs to recruit, build culture / work ethic, and lead. That’s it. I’m convinced he’s doing way more than that right now.

Advertisement
Back