Enos is confident in Jarren Williams as a Game Manager vs UF

Glad to see Enos never uttered the words or even implied the term “game manager” for Williams.

It would have sucked to already know we made the wrong hire if he had.

Advertisement
Trent Dilfer would like to knock your forehead with his SB Champ ring.

Doug Williams is right behind him.

The other 40 something SB winning quarterbacks would like to remind you that, "Ed Reed was a two star."

You guys love hanging on your one-offs. You want to roll with your 2 little examples, great, go with "game managers", I'm rolling with the other 40+ winning QBs.

Not the point anyway... game manager is a bull**** term, it's meaningless. Your HC, your OC, those are the actual game managers. You need your QB to be **** winning QB.

The other 40 something SB winning quarterbacks would like to remind you that, "Ed Reed was a two star."

You guys love hanging on your one-offs. You want to roll with your 2 little examples, great, go with "game managers", I'm rolling with the other 40+ winning QBs.

Not the point anyway... game manager is a bull**** term, it's meaningless. Your HC, your OC, those are the actual game managers. You need your QB to be **** winning QB.

I wasn't trying to illustrate a one off, just highlighting that a talented player (doesn't have to be GOAT level 10) on a talented team can achieve championship wins.

Regardless if J Will will even sniff GOATness, besides the OL, it would appear the Canes have a talented team.

Perhaps very.

There isn't anything magical the lizards will do. If J Will can complete passes that average QBs must do to playmakers in space, the O should roll enough to put Miami in a position to win.

Advertisement
All a game manager is is someone that takes what is available. Be smart and don't make unforced errors. If what people are saying is true about there always being an open option in this O, all JW needs to do is find it and hit it. If it's a deep ball, great. If it's a crossing route, great. If there's a mismatch, take advantage of it.

I remember listening to Brady on turnovers. That’s my main concern. Be a little aggressive. But risk v reward. As Brady says,

“We have like a 95 percent chance of winning when we don't turn the ball over, and I think that's always in the back of my mind," Brady said. "Being a little less fearful with the ball and a little more aggressive, I thought we did a better job of that, and hopefully we can keep that going.”

"If you have bad quarterback play, it's almost impossible to win," Brady said. "You'll get away with it from time to time, but everything is risk-reward.

Advertisement
Honestly if Williams throws over the middle and can hit someone on a slant where the receiver can run after the catch, we are miles ahead of last year and will score points.

I don't know if the article said it or not but the term "game manager" in the 21st century of football does not mean hand the ball off on 1st and 2nd down to get to a manageable 3rd and 3, then throw a 5 yard pass to the TE for the 1st down then repeat this all the way down the field like most of you posters are thinking. That's the 80s and 90s. Game manager could simply mean just don't take stupid sacks, protect the **** ball at all costs, and don't take unnecessary risks down the field.

Or someone who is simply ill-prepared for their job.

I fast forward past any part of an interview with her voice in it.

You see how she asked Enos the “big game” question and he nicely blew her off and then how she tried the same “big game” question with JW. It’s like a little kid that asks one of his parents for something and if the kid doesn’t like the answer he/she then asks the other parent.

Advertisement
So yall want a RS Freshman in his first start of his College career against the Gators in Orlando to come out in 5 wide a start reading coverage's and not slowly work himself into the game?!?! yall are NUTS......

But I'm not mad at that.

Advertisement
I think they told SMD this to shut her up and not give any clues to what Miami will do to the gayturds!Does anyone know what recruiting class Florida had for 2019 since 7 recruits didn't qualify for them or just said f*** the gayturds and went into the portal they was ranked number 9 in recruiting before those recruits left or didn't qualify?
Well apparently it was their second worst recruiting class since rivals has been ranking.

Straight forward, if Jarren stays on script an just manages the game then Coach feels we should perform well on offense.

Go Canes

Nothing says you don't scare anyone like when your best hope is your #1 qb is just able to manage the game.

At least we open with a second tier SEC team and not the defending conference champs.

We need a game manager when we're up by 20 and need to run out the clock.

Advertisement
Back