Enos Already Testing the QBs

There are rich and poor in every city. 28k isn't the same in Florida where RE is 2 times more. RE Taxes 5 times more. Gas is 75 cents more, ect. I Had a house on the second cleanest lake in the USA in Alabama My RE taxes were 461 dollars the first year I moved in for one of the nicest pieces of lakefront property you've ever seen. In Florida if they had a nice lake it would have been 30k+ in taxes. One of my best friends off the lake lived on SS less than 15k a year. He had the most beautiful 100 acres you would find anywhere, pastures and woods, two huge fishing ponds. His taxes were 200 dollars a year. Let's not get into RE here I've spent 30 years investing in it, pretty well schooled on the subject. Got out at the very peak with all my Florida RE in late 2005 while other dopes were buying.

There is zero chance we could live in a city with a median household income of $28,000......................

Miami has a fair amount of abject poverty as well and has a median household income of $67,000

Am sure things are real cheap....... No one wants to live there. We could live in a trailer park in LA and save a ton of money, but opt for an apartment by the beach......................

Advertisement
I thought we were off Yeehaw, but you are right, the 75 is the Highway from Atlanta to Florida. The 75 splits off from the 85 around downtown and takes you to Florida....

We were on the 75..........

That town was scary.

People were real angry about the economy, Miami, foreigners and people of different cultures..... Listening to other tables really opened our eyes. A lot of people are being "left behind" in this economy.

Good God, where the fūck were you?

Name of the restaurant?

Like a majority or rural Florida, there's no real economy in Ocala outside of horse farms. A lot of the residents there are retirees who got tired of the rat race and wanted to retire in the country side where they could purchase a large lot for relatively cheap and keep horses or other types of farm animals.

Yes. I agree.

We stayed the night in a bed and breakfast and have never seen so many people riding horses. People were nice.

We heard a fair amount of racist talk at the restaurants, though.

Yes. I agree.

We stayed the night in a bed and breakfast and have never seen so many people riding horses. People were nice.

Spent alot of my upper-teen years in Lake City, played for Columbia (of Yatil Green, Timmy Jernigan fame). Been down to Ocala ALOT.
Town is spread out like a mufugga...but it is 90% horse farms. Plush, green hillsides with alot of white picket fences and a whole lot of horses.
It's beautiful, IF that's your thing...

Advertisement
Which exit? SR 200? 40?
There are 3 exits on 75.

It was 3 to 4 years ago.... It would be the first exit on the 75 coming from Atlanta, GA.

[I thought it was Yeehaw Junction because its name seemed more apropos of the surrounding area, but posters are correct, it was the 75.]

Am not a big fan of the South. I love beaches, "vaca frita" and deep sea fishing. The "Country" is my idea of purgatory, but different strokes for different folks....

Yes. I agree.

The blatant racism is hardly confined to that one area of the state though. I lived in Orlando, which is a fairly large and diverse city and you'd still hear the N bomb bandied about in certain places.

Spent alot of my upper-teen years in Lake City, played for Columbia (of Yatil Green, Timmy Jernigan fame).

Used to stop at a pretty good Cuban restaraunt in Lake City, believe it's closed now. Also didn't know Yatil was from there, this whole time I thought He was from Lakeland.

Advertisement
sure will beat having a QB coach that has his guys do gassers, tackling and fumble recovering drills, in-between just throwing at the crossbar, for the most part

I'll just leave it at that

That unit will really be getting some collegiate level coaching for the first time in their careers at Miami. I'm excited for them. Some will thrive, others will shrivel up

Let it be

The Steve Young Tampa Bay Buccaneers say hi.

Also waving are the Trent Dilfer Baltimore Ravens.

I hate when people this that’s 2 teams in the last maybe 50 years that’s won with Average QB’s. In order to win with a bad QB or even a average QB your defense has to be historically elite. I think that Ravens Defense you’re speaking of gave up 9.6 points per game. The Tampa Defense was like 12 I think, no Defense is doing that now days

It was 3 to 4 years ago.... It would be the first exit on the 75 coming from Atlanta, GA.

[I thought it was Yeehaw Junction because its name seemed more apropos of the surrounding area, but posters are correct, it was the 75.]

Am not a big fan of the South. I love beaches, "vaca frita" and deep sea fishing. The "Country" is my idea of purgatory, but different strokes for different folks....

LOL...my experience in Ocala was sorta like yours. Me and my family stopped at some fast food joint over there, and as we were leaving getting on I-10, a car full of what looked like teenagers were yelling f uck the U and throwing up middle fingers. Last time I ever stopped in that dump.

The blatant racism is hardly confined to that one area of the state though. I lived in Orlando, which is a fairly large and diverse city and you'd still hear the N bomb bandied about in certain places.

There are certain words that society needs to remove from the lexicon of usage. We heard "those" words often in Ocala. I almost challenged some of the people that we overheard, but they would have collectively placed me in traction at the local hospital. They seemed like decent people that did not know any better. My wife kept saying "just stay quiet, it is their way of life." I kept quiet. We stayed in Orlando on ALL subsequent trips between Atlanta and Miami.

Advertisement
Ocala is "no joke".

My wife and I were driving down from Atlanta to Miami three years ago and stopped in Ocala. It was a restaurant right off the Yeehaw Junction (real highway in Central Florida, not joking).

The restaurant looked "worse for the wear", but it had a country feel to it. There were no cars in the parking lot, but it did have about 7 horses hitched up to the side of the restaurant. It turns out that people were arriving and leaving in horses. My wife is Amercian and she never changed her name upon marriage. Am real "white" looking, but am actually of Cuban descent.

We started to each lunch and you should have heard the conversations at surrounding tables. There were even a couple of tables that used pejoratives openly and often. I taught in the inner city of DC for a few years during college and this was the most uneducated populace I have ever encountered.

When it was time to pay, my wife paid with the card in her name.

When we were leaving, there was a woman outside smoking a cigarette. She noticed our distress and said "if you think this place was bad, you should see the poor part of town....."

If he is from Ocala, I feel for him. That place was abject. Worse than Tuscaloosa; though, Tuscaloosa might be second worst city in the South.
You know nothing of what you are talking about. Yeehaw junction is way further south between Kissimmee and Fort Pierce. Ocala does have some rough areas but there are a lot of areas where people have beautiful land and multi-million dollar homes.

That would be the 27 exit which if you keep going west it is the nicest part IMO.

You know nothing of what you are talking about. Yeehaw junction is way further south between Kissimmee and Fort Pierce. Ocala does have some rough areas but there are a lot of areas where people have beautiful land and multi-million dollar homes.

I agree.

Erroneously wrote Yeehaw and it was the 75. The highway from Atlanta to Miami.

From my 24-hour experience in the town, I thought Ocala was racist, poor and scary.

Advertisement
I agree.

From my 24-hour experience in the town, I thought Ocala was racist, poor and scary.
Looks like someone already mentioned earlier about where Yeehaw his sorry for hitting you in the head on that part.

I hate when people this that’s 2 teams in the last maybe 50 years that’s won with Average QB’s. In order to win with a bad QB or even a average QB your defense has to be historically elite. I think that Ravens Defense you’re speaking of gave up 9.6 points per game. The Tampa Defense was like 12 I think, no Defense is doing that now days

Tampa never won anything with Steve Young.

We've been to Ocala many times for car shows, Silver Springs, and National Parts Depot. I've never heard anything racist. To be honest, I can't say I've heard a lot of racism anywhere except the Internet.

I agree.

It's probably Lake City.......isn't the junction with I-10 the first real stop in Florida on southbound 75 from Georgia?

Advertisement
Back