Enos Already Testing the QBs

Not only that, they're really not that modern.

Steve Young on a terrible Bucs team was 35 years ago.
Trent Dilfer on a fantastic Ravens team was 19 years ago.

The game is totally different now and teams rely on a quarterback more than ever.
The offenses today tho are designed to help the QB make quicker more efficient reads and decisions. At the college level anyway.

Advertisement
Not only that, they're really not that modern.

Steve Young on a terrible Bucs team was 35 years ago.
Trent Dilfer on a fantastic Ravens team was 19 years ago.

The game is totally different now and teams rely on a quarterback more than ever.

Don't disagree.

And the must get superstar QB reliance vs total organization building has crippled several franchises. The impacts are years long.

For me, I just think its better for consistency to put in place OL/DL excellence, then add the missing piece (a variety of ways to do so) at QB/WR.

Advertisement
Agree but nobody was going to make Malik elite. Guys like Tua, Lawrence and Murray came in as super elite talents and were taken to the highest levels by great coaching.

Granted, Rosier would never beat out those three above, but put him as the starter for Bama/Clemson/etc and he "wins" a ton of games.

From Martell to the ‘19 QBs being recruited to others transfers being looked at,, it’s pretty clear Enos thinks there should be some changeover on the roster at QB.

Blake bortles jags
Tim Tebow’s Broncos
Mark Sanchez jets
Eli Manning NYG super bowl years (overrated) strong run game and D were very good
Brad Johnson bucs
Peyton Manning’s last season
Early Tom Brady’s pats

There are more examples of teams who protected a QB and masked bad/mediocre QBs play and still had good to great team success. It can happen IF the D is great along with the Olines playing well or dominant. Along with the football gods being on your side for certain situations lol. NOW in regards to college football..the last champion ship who with limited talented at QB was probably 2002 Ohio State or 09’ Bama

Whoever the **** Ray Lewis won a ring for

Advertisement
Ocala is "no joke".

My wife and I were driving down from Atlanta to Miami three years ago and stopped in Ocala. It was a restaurant right off the Yeehaw Junction (real highway in Central Florida, not joking).

The restaurant looked "worse for the wear", but it had a country feel to it. There were no cars in the parking lot, but it did have about 7 horses hitched up to the side of the restaurant. It turns out that people were arriving and leaving in horses. My wife is Amercian and she never changed her name upon marriage. Am real "white" looking, but am actually of Cuban descent.

We started to each lunch and you should have heard the conversations at surrounding tables. There were even a couple of tables that used pejoratives openly and often. I taught in the inner city of DC for a few years during college and this was the most uneducated populace I have ever encountered.

When it was time to pay, my wife paid with the card in her name.

When we were leaving, there was a woman outside smoking a cigarette. She noticed our distress and said "if you think this place was bad, you should see the poor part of town....."

If he is from Ocala, I feel for him. That place was abject. Worse than Tuscaloosa; though, Tuscaloosa might be second worst city in the South.

mah fuhkas be sendin me love letter in private and ****...nystateofmind got y'all cats actin all side pocket.
tenor (1).gif

Advertisement
Ocala is "no joke".

My wife and I were driving down from Atlanta to Miami three years ago and stopped in Ocala. It was a restaurant right off the Yeehaw Junction (real highway in Central Florida, not joking).

The restaurant looked "worse for the wear", but it had a country feel to it. There were no cars in the parking lot, but it did have about 7 horses hitched up to the side of the restaurant. It turns out that people were arriving and leaving in horses. My wife is Amercian and she never changed her name upon marriage. Am real "white" looking, but am actually of Cuban descent.

We started to each lunch and you should have heard the conversations at surrounding tables. There were even a couple of tables that used pejoratives openly and often. I taught in the inner city of DC for a few years during college and this was the most uneducated populace I have ever encountered.

When we were leaving, there was a woman outside smoking a cigarette. She noticed our distress and said "if you think this place was bad, you should see the poor part of town....."

If he is from Ocala. I feel for him. That place was abject. Worse than Tuscaloosa, though, Tuscaloosa might be second worst city in the South.

yeehaw is south of orlando off turnpike. ocala is off 75 just south of Gville.

yeehaw is south of orlando off turnpike. ocala is off 75 just south of Gville.

I thought we were off Yeehaw, but you are right, the 75 is the Highway from Atlanta to Florida. The 75 splits off from the 85 around downtown and takes you to Florida....

We were on the 75..........

That town was scary.

People were real angry about the economy, Miami, foreigners and people of different cultures..... Listening to other tables really opened our eyes. A lot of people are being "left behind" in this economy.

Ocala is "no joke".

If he is from Ocala, I feel for him. That place was abject. Worse than Tuscaloosa; though, Tuscaloosa might be second worst city in the South.

Why do you think Roll Tide has to " grease the palms " of all those out of state elite HS football players.

Advertisement
Why do you think Roll Tide has to " grease the palms " of all those out of state elite HS football players.

Tuscaloosa and Montgomery, Alabama are like Saigon during the Vietnam War. There is a 5&Dime located 10 blocks from U. of Alabama that simply put plywood over the middle of the store that was hit by a tornado. They essentially turned it into 2 stores. That is the epitome of a "lack of capital".

The University of Alabama is a beautiful school. No doubt. It has a University of Richmond "feel" to it. The area around the university is destitute.

Ocala is "no joke".

Yeehaw Junction is no where near Ocala.
Yeehaw Junction is 30 miles west of Vero Beach. Yeehaw looks like a junction people get off to dump a body.

Can I get everybody honest opinion, who do you’ll think is doing the best on these test right now?

Tate, Pretty good coaches at BG and good coaches at Ohio State. I think BG does better than maybe they should because of the coaching compared to other teams. I just don't see them having a massive amount of talent every year but they do well against IMO more talented very good out of state teams. JMO

Advertisement
Back