End of season Fins mock draft and free agency plan!!

I would lose my God **** mind if they took a RB over a WR with EITHER of the first two picks.

Zero chance that happens. I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to believe that.
Generally don't like taking either in the first round. Take the player you absolutely love and for me a 3 down RB is more versatile.

I would be fine with either/or but generally the WR picked first runs a 4.4 and the guy taken 5th runs a 4.41. Then again Kamara was taken...

Just don't take another nickel db

Advertisement
I would lose my God **** mind if they took a RB over a WR with EITHER of the first two picks.

Zero chance that happens. I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to believe that.
I only see that happening if they sign somebody.

Generally don't like taking either in the first round. Take the player you absolutely love and for me a 3 down RB is more versatile.

I would be fine with either/or but generally the WR picked first runs a 4.4 and the guy taken 5th runs a 4.41. Then again Kamara was taken...

Just don't take another nickel db

Sorry, can't get on board with this logic.

You never, ever ever ever ever ever ever take a RB in the first round. You can easily get a "versatile" RB in free agent who can be plugged in and played.

Stud WR's don't grow on trees and are much harder to find. More importantly, an investment in WR is a further investment in your young franchise QB.

And the logical signing would be a running back. Again, you can easily find a cheap free agent who can be plugged in and played immediately.

A stud WR is MUCH harder to find.
I’m with you. Go sign Marlon Mack. He’s coming off injury and you can buy low.

Advertisement
I’m with you. Go sign Marlon Mack. He’s coming off injury and you can buy low.
Might not even need to.....that little unheralded combo of Gaskin and Ahmed have been more than serviceable. That sentence alone speaks to how unimportant the running back position is in the grand scheme of things. Neither of those guys have tremendous pedigree and both, at the very least, have played like competent NFL running backs in their respective opportunities.

WR
Pass rusher

Those are the only two things we should be looking at with those two first rounders.

I’m getting comfortable with Najee as the second first. He’s a three-down back and you get immediate production on his rookie contract. This team is ahead of schedule and needs a back.

If Blake James was in charge of the Dolphins, I'm sure they'd draft two running backs with those two first rounders.

Luckily, that program is actually in good hands. I'd be absolutely shocked if EITHER of those two first rounders is used on the meaningless running back position. WR and pass rusher all day.

If Blake James was in charge of the Dolphins, I'm sure they'd draft two running backs with those two first rounders.

Luckily, that program is actually in good hands. I'd be absolutely shocked if EITHER of those two first rounders is used on the meaningless running back position. WR and pass rusher all day.
If Blake James was in charge of the Dolphins, he would give up assets to trade back.

Advertisement
I'm going to take it a step further, NOT ONLY MUST the Houston pick be used on a WR, but we should make every intention to sign someone like Chris Godwin as well.

We have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL. You've got the guy you think is going to be your QB for the next decade......give the kid a chance and surround him with some actual talent. Even with Parker in the lineup we're an offense that has to go on 13, 15, and 16 play drives just to score. We basically have to play perfect for a large amount of plays in succession to have a chance to move the ball.

There is nothing to discuss here, that Houston pick should ALREADY be penciled in to read either Chase or Smith. Anything other than that should result in the Dolphins GM being arrested for gross negligence.

I’m getting comfortable with Najee as the second first. He’s a three-down back and you get immediate production on his rookie contract. This team is ahead of schedule and needs a back.
That would mean we addressed the edge in some way though. The only way this D gets to the next level is a premier pass rush. Najee would be there at 3. He’s a first rounder all day but the value at the position makes no sense.

I'm going to take it a step further, NOT ONLY MUST the Houston pick be used on a WR, but we should make every intention to sign someone like Chris Godwin as well.

We have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL. You've got the guy you think is going to be your QB for the next decade......give the kid a chance and surround him with some actual talent. Even with Parker in the lineup we're an offense that has to go on 13, 15, and 16 play drives just to score. We basically have to play perfect for a large amount of plays in succession to have a chance to move the ball.

There is nothing to discuss here, that Houston pick should ALREADY be penciled in to read either Chase or Smith. Anything other than that should result in the Dolphins GM being arrested for gross negligence.
It’s real bad. It’s so bad that it hinders Tua. I’ve haven’t seen a WR core that bad in a while.

Advertisement
If that Houston pick isn't a WR, the Dolphins GM should be arrested for being the dumbest MF on the planet not named Blake James
I’m interested to see what happens in Tampa. I think AB is more likely to move on and would probably be a better fit scheme wise than Godwin. Has to commit to the program though.

I’m interested to see what happens in Tampa. I think AB is more likely to move on and would probably be a better fit scheme wise than Godwin. Has to commit to the program though.

All I know is, the problem is MORE than just using that Houston pick on a WR. In addition to using that first pick on a receiver, we also need to sign a veteran with some actual playmaking ability.

We've got two elite corners, with that alone a guy like Flores can build an entire defensive scheme and have them play competently. We definitely need a pass rusher as well but Wide Receiver is need #1 and #2 in order for this offense to function more efficiently.

All I know is, the problem is MORE than just using that Houston pick on a WR. In addition to using that first pick on a receiver, we also need to sign a veteran with some actual playmaking ability.

We've got two elite corners, with that alone a guy like Flores can build an entire defensive scheme and have them play competently. We definitely need a pass rusher as well but Wide Receiver is need #1 and #2 in order for this offense to function more efficiently.
Yea, I agree.

Advertisement

I disagree at Corner BJ has been getting tossed all year. He’s overpaid hyped player.

I disagree at Corner BJ has been getting tossed all year. He’s overpaid hyped player.
I'm pretty sure the cap hit would be massive so he's undumpable. This staff hand picked him so let's see if he gets better and starts earning his paycheck.

You HAVE to build around what is suppose to be your best long term asset. The offense needs weapons. There is simply no debating that offensive playmakers are needs # 1, #2, and as far down as #5.

I'm pretty sure the cap hit would be massive so he's undumpable. This staff hand picked him so let's see if he gets better and starts earning his paycheck.

You HAVE to build around what is suppose to be your best long term asset. The offense needs weapons. There is simply no debating that offensive playmakers are needs # 1, #2, and as far down as #5.
Agreed. Question is what do we do with our 2nd 1st rounder...especially if you are dead set against a RB that high?

One thing to consider with Chase is that he only had one great season. He was the clear cut #1 option that season but Jefferson is abusing the league now. Did Jefferson draw the tougher matchups? I did not watch much LSU. I also hope it’s not a case of Watkins/Hopkins where the #2 ended up being way better.

For me, HOU pick needs to be Parsons if available. Then our pick Marshall. I think he could be had in the second round but he’ll test well.
Or, trade down a few spots and grab Smith/Chase. A top 7 pick is too high considering the draft positions of last year’s receivers. Smith is my WR1. If you look at his body of work through the years and that he basically shut down all talks of him benefitting from a “better” receiver in Waddle by continuing his production.
Sign Allen Robinson in FA. He’s similar to DVP but we need to look into trading him. I’m tired of his lack of availability.

I want Najee in the second round. Do not sign one.

Advertisement
Back