End of season Fins mock draft and free agency plan!!

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
@DMoney
@LuCane
@JeddTheFisch

Get in here!

Free agency plan: 35 mil in cap to play with. Sign RB Marlon Mack, sign Leonard Floyd, Let Karras walk, let Godcheaux walk, Resign Ahmed, Resign Grugier Hill, Resign Roberts, Cut Hurns.

Draft:

1- Jamarr Chase

1- Terrance Marshall Jr

2- Trevon Moehrig S TCU

2- Christian Baremore DT Bama

3- Josh Myers C OSU

4- Michael Carter RB UNC

6- Charles Snowden Edge UVA

6- Richard Lecounte S/LB

7- Max Borghi RB Wash St.

Advertisement
Bro, we aren’t going to take 2 Wrs in the 1st. I see one, not two. We need a young back ASAP.
That would be the only glaring need. Marlon Mack would be bell cow plus elite edge guy in Leonard Floyd. That leaves WR.

@DMoney
@LuCane
@JeddTheFisch

Get in here!

Free agency plan: 35 mil in cap to play with. Sign RB Marlon Mack, sign Leonard Floyd, Let Karras walk, let Godcheaux walk, Resign Ahmed, Resign Grugier Hill, Resign Roberts, Cut Hurns.

Draft:

1- Jamarr Chase

1- Terrance Marshall Jr

2- Trevon Moehrig S TCU

3- Josh Myers C OSU

4- Michael Carter RB UNC

6- Richard Lecounte S/LB

- I'm weary of signing FA RBs to significant deals. You'd have to explain for what amount we got Marlon Mack.
- I'd consider bringing Karras back for another year
- What picks are you projecting for our selections? Houston's pick looks minimum Top 7.
- That will inform us on who you're passing up with that Chase pick.
- Love some of your later picks. Think Myers, Carter, lecounte are awesome values. Baremore with the second #2 pick is excellent as well.
- I get what you're doing with the two WR strategy, but I just don't see the Phins pulling that trigger.

I love Myers. He’s a freak. And I have no problem on loading up on playmakers. That’s the direction of the league.

Advertisement
- I'm weary of signing FA RBs to significant deals. You'd have to explain for what amount we got Marlon Mack.
- What picks are you projecting for our selections? Houston's pick looks minimum Top 7.
- Love some of your later picks. Think Myers, Carter, lecounte are awesome values. Baremore with the second #2 pick is excellent as well.
- I get what you're doing with the two WR strategy, but I just don't see the Phins pulling that trigger.
- I would be buying low on Marlon. Same deal that Howard got but probably better value. 2x 1,000 yard rusher before he got hurt.

- I’m holding current value on our picks. I’m signing Leonard Floyd or somebody of similar stature for the pass rush so that kind of removes GR15, Jaelen, and Micah our of the picture.

- The one thing people are probably confused about is Moehrig. I’m trying to go plug and play at FS and upgrading from Rowe/McCain in a couple years if I’m running things.

- I love our LBs now and want to continue to develop them hence no Zaven or Surratt who would also be around Moehrig’s pick.

-Deepest WR class in years. We should take advantage of another top 10 talent falling to around 22 because of how deep the class actually is. Again, it’s how I would run things.

- I would be buying low on Marlon. Same deal that Howard got but probably better value. 2x 1,000 yard rusher before he got hurt.

- I’m holding current value on our picks. I’m signing Leonard Floyd or somebody of similar stature for the pass rush so that kind of removes GR15, Jaelen, and Micah our of the picture.

- The one thing people are probably confused about is Moehrig. I’m trying to go plug and play at FS and upgrading from Rowe/McCain in a couple years if I’m running things.

- I love our LBs now and want to continue to develop them hence no Zaven or Surratt who would also be around Moehrig’s pick.

-Deepest WR class in years. We should take advantage of another top 10 talent falling to around 22 because of how deep the class actually is. Again, it’s how I would run things.
This is also a very deep Safety class. At least with the type of Safeties I love. Paris Ford is a potentially excellent complement to what we already have. He's likely to be there with our second 2nd rounder. Unless he flies at the combine. There are others as well.

@DMoney
@LuCane
@JeddTheFisch

Get in here!

Draft:

1- Jamarr Chase

1- Terrance Marshall Jr

2- Trevon Moehrig S TCU

3- Josh Myers C OSU

4- Michael Carter RB UNC

6- Richard Lecounte S/LB

RBs are a dime a dozen, so I'd also be wary of signing Mack for significant money.

Agree with @LuCane on the bolded middle-round picks. Would love to see that happen.

Snowden is a wild card for me. Not sure he's going to be available that late.

We need a better pash rush and I expect the Dolphins to address that early (Rd 1-3).

I can't do two WRs in the first round, but I would go with Marshall over chase. Prefer the way he fits into what the Dolphins do in the intermediate game.

Leonard Floyd (ok if we do/don't), Let Karras walk (yes), let Godcheaux walk (yes), Resign Ahmed (ok, if price is low, don't overpay for RBs), Resign Grugier Hill (ok), Resign Roberts (ok), Cut Hurns (yes).

Now that I see this you've sold me on the idea of Leonard Floyd. I'm a big inside-out guy (believe things are won on the OL/DL). Tua needs playmakers.

I can see people getting irritated over letting Godchaux go, but I think it's the right move.

Last edited:
Advertisement

No need to overspend or create too much turnover at LB. Unless a "can't miss" deal comes up, I agree 100%.

No need to overspend or create too much turnover at LB. Unless a "can't miss" deal comes up, I agree 100%.
Exactly. The idea is just to build depth and create a more dependable pass rush. You can also replace Leonard Floyd with Leonard Williams on the interior and draft in this fashion and still achieve the same goal.

1- Jaelen

1- Terrance Marshall JR

2- Creed Humphrey C OU

2- Kendarius Toney WR UF

3- Andre Cisco S Syracuse

4- Charles Snowden LB/ Edge
*nod to you saying he’s going earlier

6- Khalil Herbert RB VT

6- Richard Lecounte LB/S

7- Max Borghi RB Wash St

you can't take a WR in the top 6 unless he's a julio jones or AJ green type talent. recent drafts are littered with mike williams, corey davis, sammy watkins type reaches -- chase is more of that to me, certainly from a physical perspective. the idea of that pick continues to concern me. there's been way too much WR value in the late first, second, third rounds recently for me to advocate for chase that high.

the more the texans pick continues to moves up the top 10, the more a trade down makes sense to me. i still like the idea of penei sewell if he somehow falls but the way this draft is shaping up vs the dolphins roster, getting more picks from a QB needy team seems to be where this is headed. i don't like the positional value on parsons in the top 6-7 -- devin white, isaiah simmons picks are cautionary tales -- and it's prob too high for rousseau even tho i think he's a great fit for flores system and would give the dolphins two young beasts at DL w/ raekwon. i also like the idea of surtain or farley given how dependent the flores system is on CBs but again not sure it's great value or best use of resources if you can trade down... the recent history of CBs drafted that high frankly isn't that great either.

if you could get any of the above guys 5 spots later in the draft while picking up extra seconds or thirds for some team who wants to take trey lance or zach wilson, i would consider that a home run. even if you couldn't get any of those guys later, i still think from a value perspective there's some good fits a few spots further down from where the texans pick will be. it's a draft where the elite guys are at QB, CB and OT, just doesn't really line up w/ the dolphins roster.

i think taking a WR w/ the second first is a no brainer tho and again given recent history there should be a really good player there. marshall at that spot would be amazing, even devonta smith. fins should be able to find their justin jefferson in that range imo.

I'd take a solid look at Amari Rodgers, btw. Let's see what he does in the combine, but I think he's got great value right now. Would love to roll out with:

QB: Tua
RB: Value
TE: what we got
WR: Parker
WR: D. Smith or mid to late R1 value
WR: Rodgers

I like BPA with the Top 7 pick or even moving down. I like a Safety in R2. We might have a team of really good rookie deals next year. Don't spend the salary cap extra on bull****, please.

Advertisement
Bro, we aren’t going to take 2 Wrs in the 1st. I see one, not two. We need a young back ASAP.

You don't draft a running back early. That's retardation manifested. Running backs have a shelf life of 5 minutes and it is THE easiest position to find and plug in a replacement value player on the cheap. Just look at a guy like Barkley who had all the pedigree in the world and he's ALREADY damaged goods.

We need a WR that Tua can grow with. The WR HAS to be the Houston pick. With the second first rounder, you can easily make the case for a pass rusher or another impact linebacker. With that said if a tremendous value at receiver or if somehow Pitts fell to that spot.......there would be no shame in surrounding Tua with as many weapons as possible. A two tight end set of Gesicki and Pitts makes me giggle like a little school girl.

The WR HAS to be the Houston pick.
last year's draft had

ruggs at 11
jeudy at 15
lamb at 17
reagor at 21
jefferson at 22
aiyuk at 25

is chase really head and shoulders above all of these guys? i'm not sure i buy it. he wins in intermediate areas which is a good fit for tua but jeudy and jefferson were route runner types who went way below where the houston pick will be. the second pick is perfectly positioned for a WR based off these valuations.

last year's draft had

ruggs at 11
jeudy at 15
lamb at 17
reagor at 21
jefferson at 22
aiyuk at 25

is chase really head and shoulders above all of these guys? i'm not sure i buy it. he wins in intermediate areas which is a good fit for tua but jeudy and jefferson were route runner types who went way below where the houston pick will be. the second pick is perfectly positioned for a WR based off these valuations.
Here's my thing with Chase-- the 2019 season was historically loaded with WRs, and Chase looked like the best of all of them.

Every time I watched a game from one of the '19 CB prospects, Chase was abusing them.

Advertisement
last year's draft had

ruggs at 11
jeudy at 15
lamb at 17
reagor at 21
jefferson at 22
aiyuk at 25

Take your pick, Chase or Smith from Bama....I trust the Dolphins staff to do their due diligence and make the correct choice.

WR HAS to be the pick with the early first rounder. Tua needs to be put in a position to succeed. The fact of the matter is D. Parker is a #2 at the NFL level. Also, the O line looks at least stabilized for now so there's no need to pour any more early draft resources into the position. WR is THE biggest area of need for the future of this franchise.

1a. - LB or DE
1b. - Najee Harris (3 down back)
2a. - WR best available
2b. - Icing.

I know you don't take RB early but Harris looked like the real deal. could put WR there and see if he is available second round

1a. - LB or DE
1b. - Najee Harris (3 down back)
2a. - WR best available
2b. - Icing.

I know you don't take RB early but Harris looked like the real deal. could put WR there and see if he is available second round

I would lose my God **** mind if they took a RB over a WR with EITHER of the first two picks.

Zero chance that happens. I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to believe that.

Advertisement
Back