Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is an embarrassingly woeful looking defense

So like ours?

Were the throws accurate and on the money? Did any of them have a chance to be picked? Was the QB under duress when making the throw? How was the pocket and what did he do if it collapsed. In highlights, those are the 4 things I look at in QB highlights. Margins are going to shrink, but if you're good at those four things throwing, not much more can be asked of a highlight. Defenses are what they are, you can't change them.

The elite 11 release a final ranking after the event with top 11. That would be the metric I referred to for top 11.

There must be some secret formula they use or factor in non-throwing stuff (classroom) into their final rankings. You can be great at all the off field stuff and intangibles, but as a QB I want to see how you throw. A lot of the classroom stuff comes down to exposure end being taught. Some are ahead in that part if game due to coaching where they play, etc. A lot of it can be taught. Another factor (which wouldn't help Emory) that doesn't factor in is some QB's running ability.

In either case, a relative unknown came in and surpassed our departed QB on both lists. He surprised a number of more heralded prospects.

Does this mean he's going to kill it here? Maybe, but it most certainly shows he can throw it. Lots of intangibles between now and his college career at its end. He should be proud of what he did at that event.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bluestein is a big fan of Emory Williams. Sux ref Rashada but is what it is. Hope Emory sticks…FSU has been after him and he’s from their back yard if I’m not mistaken.

I wouldnt mind Emory being the only QB in the class. If we dont trust any other, we should go Portal. Emory reminds me of Kaaya. He is gonna be surrounded by elite talent like none of our recent QBs. Yes it drops our rankings but i like what i see with my eyes.

Advertisement
Watched his tape... back up for sure... if u watch his tape... his WR's sometimes are waiting for the ball to get there... now that QB we just offered from Detroit watch where the ball hits his WR... on the run... thats the big difference...

Amazed by all the people saying Emory is trash just because they are butt hurt about Rashada leaving. I bet many are the same ones a few months ago saying “no way we keep two top level qbs in this class”

Advertisement
Amazed by all the people saying Emory is trash just because they are butt hurt about Rashada leaving. I bet many are the same ones a few months ago saying “no way we keep two top level qbs in this class”
I could care a less about rashada leaving. Spend the money elsewhere. He did very little to promote his team and spent the whole time promoting his brand. I expect a transfer in his future

Advertisement
Back