Emergency at practice

An airlift for precautionary measures when there's an actual hospital that sits on the edge of campus? That doesn't sound right but let's hope it's true.

because Lois Pope life center is basically the top center of its kind in the us. even if it's just a precaution, you send the kid there.

Good point. Gotcha. We kinda need to reserve criticisms in relation to information on things like this because, as we learned after the fact about another player almost dying not too long ago, the school truly is limited legally in what medical information they can disseminate.

For something like this, even if they're sent to Doctor's (across the street), that hospital would likely effectuate a transfer based on not having the specializations or capabilities to properly stabilize the patient. I don't know the specifics of this case, but a transfer to JHS Trauma would not necessarily be inappropriate.

Gotcha. I guess when I saw "precautionary" my mind shifted away from a possible head/neck or spinal trauma. That seems to be the case though based on everything that's leaking out so what you guys are saying makes sense. Let's just hope it was a stinger that appeared much worse initially that it actually is. At least the medical staff around the team is top notch and we're located in close proximity to excellent facilities.

Advertisement
Now that we know he is okay, too soon to talk about our ****ty LB depth again?

how the **** do you know this?

Because they said it was precautionary. So unless they ****ing lied, I'm gonna go ahead and assume we can take the worst case scenario out of play.

Bro, Knighton supposedly almost died and every piece of info that initially (and even days later) that came out about the kid made it seem like a minor deal. Obviously not saying that's the case here but I wouldn't be surprised at anything in these type of deals.

The ****?

You have received an infraction at CanesInSight
Dear westcoastcanes,

You have received an infraction at CanesInSight.

Reason: Trolling
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s). Three infractions may result in a temporary ban.

Original Post:
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/...62#post2294662
[MENTION=159]Toad305[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=323]whoopingcane[/MENTION] ?

Any rumblings? Hearing anything?

If you wish to appeal this infraction than please send a PM to both DMoney and Andrew detailing your reasoning.

Thanks,
CanesInSight

Advertisement
The ****?

Dear westcoastcanes,

-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s). Three infractions may result in a temporary ban.

Original Post:

If you wish to appeal this infraction than please send a PM to both DMoney and Andrew detailing your reasoning.

Thanks,
CanesInSight

Serves you right, jerk. I am out of the false information business.

The ****?

Dear westcoastcanes,

-------

-------

Original Post:

Thanks,
CanesInSight

Straight Ferman status.....SMH. Prayers for the kid(s).

The ****?

Dear westcoastcanes,

-------

-------

Original Post:

Thanks,
CanesInSight

Serves you right, jerk. I am out of the false information business.

Right, putting you firmly in the seat of the real information business.

Advertisement
Injured Hurricanes player airlifted to hospital

September 23, 2015 | Filed in: 2015 season, Football, Matt Porter.

CORAL GABLES — A University of Miami football player was airlifted to a local hospital shortly before noon Wednesday following an injury suffered at practice.

In a statement, UM said the player was “transported to the hospital for precautionary reasons.”

Several sources close to the situation identified the player as sophomore linebacker Marques Gayot, a Boynton Beach native who played at Park Vista High.

Without identifying him, several UM sources, including Athletic Director Blake James, expressed confidence to the Post the injured player was OK and fully responsive. James said the player’s family has been notified of the situation.

An eyewitness told the Post a Miami-Dade Fire Rescue helicopter landed on UM’s Greentree Practice Field before noon. An ambulance arrived first and, per protocol, would have made the call for the trauma helicopter.

Gayot, 6-foot-1 and 222 pounds, played safety as a freshman. Playing weak-side linebacker this fall, he has 7 tackles, 2.5 for loss, and 1.5 sacks.

The situation came to light when coach Al Golden did not make his scheduled appearance on the ACC’s weekly coaches teleconference.

Hurricanes players and coaches are not scheduled to meet with the media in person until Sunday. UM (3-0) has a bye this week and visits Cincinnati (2-1) at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 1 (ESPN).

The last UM player known to be airlifted to a hospital for an injury suffered during competition was receiver Herb Waters, who suffered a strained neck last Nov. 23 at Virginia. Waters, now a senior, has 194 yards on 11 receptions this year.

Yikes...hope that he makes a full recovery, but at the very least, his year is probably done. It's just a shame as he was playing well and with lots of energy. Looked like a very promising young player. So now we are down Owens, Gayot, and Grace, while we also lost Armbrister and Perryman from last years team, so with our bogus 3-4 who will fill in? I say it's time to convert Gray and Walter Tucker (since they're not playing anyways) to linebacker and also let Bush play some linebacker once he returns. It's week 4 and we haven't played anyone, yet the injuries are piling up...Owens, Grace, Coley, Berrios, Gayot, Gus, etc.

Advertisement
Yikes...hope that he makes a full recovery, but at the very least, his year is probably done. It's just a shame as he was playing well and with lots of energy. Looked like a very promising young player. So now we are down Owens, Gayot, and Grace, while we also lost Armbrister and Perryman from last years team, so with our bogus 3-4 who will fill in? I say it's time to convert Gray and Walter Tucker (since they're not playing anyways) to linebacker and also let Bush play some linebacker once he returns. It's week 4 and we haven't played anyone, yet the injuries are piling up...Owens, Grace, Coley, Berrios, Gayot, Gus, etc.

That's some serious speculation there. We have no idea how serious this is yet. If it was strictly precautionary, like the article stated, he may be back for Cincy. We don't know yet.

What you talking bout LB depth issues when we got McCord, AQM, Thomas, Tool Box....heck we got depth at nickel corner

Advertisement

That's some serious speculation there. We have no idea how serious this is yet. If it was strictly precautionary, like the article stated, he may be back for Cincy. We don't know yet.
It's hard to come back from these sort of injuries and be the same. I seriously doubt this is just precautionary. Remember Gunter a few years ago? It took him a while to recover. Even if he is okay, it will probably change the way he plays the game ala Stacy Coley and Malcolm Lewis so we need to come up with a solution because now our lack of LB depth has been EXPOSED. It always seem we suffer injuries at the positions we are the most thin at, but that's just how it goes.

Advertisement
Back