ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

One of the things that's always been obvious to me when watching college basketball is the difference in playing styles vs the NBA. In the league, there's a smoothness to the skill level that's just not there in college. In college, players can make shots, players can drive, but it's often chaotic and forced, almost like guys at that level aren't fully in control of their bodies yet. Miller played like an NBA player last night. It was a smoothness that you don't see often in college.
Even on pro level Miller is smoother than most.. Always seems in control and just does soo many things soo well.. An all around game and never gets rushed.. Like Lefty types Jalen Rose or smaller obviously Lamar Odom, couple smooth players who could do a little bit of everything

Advertisement
Wong is playing the best ball I've seen from him at Miami. That 2nd half every shot he hit was a tough one.
His biggest improvement is not forcing things when he’s obviously off. That was his biggest issue before. He trusts his teammates and knows we can win with him just being a decoy. Then late he got going and then got aggressive. Very mature cat now. I’ll say this for him if he gets his shoulders squared it’s pretty much over , no matter how difficult the shot is.

Trusting your players accelerates their growth on the court ... Coach L's patience is out of this world. I would have benched half of them after FSU..

One of the most significant evidence of growth on the court, was our players not jacking up unnecessary shots from 3pt land during the second half...
.. a very different level of maturity and discipline compared to our regular season games
They talked about this in the press conference. “Play the game not the score.” Coach L said he told the guys to look at the score when they cut it to 4, and Wooga responds with, “we play the game not the score.” These kids get it and it speaks volumes about them and the coaches.

Same thing when L said he looked over during a timeout and Norchad was sitting on his stool telling the guys what to do.

these idiots don't seem to realize that it's actually a benefit to students to actually stay in school longer, mature, and learn how to manage their finances before stepping out in the real world. NIL has opened this opportunity up for many student athletes
It makes them better players. The whole nba revolves around the fact Lebron is a grown child. They even changed the all star game for this clown.

Advertisement
Someone needs to start a Texas Tears thread. The amount of sh** their fan base talks. Read through multiple forums and they were all confident and then as the comeback started they complained of the refs (like we all do) but kept using words like “THUGS” and the like which of course we are accustomed to. They went from saying we are “soft” on defense to “playing thug ball” like bros pick a side.

C L O W N S

Such a pathetic fan base and so happy we beat their as***. “Rigged” which why would the NCAA rig it against Houston and Texas if the Final Four was in their backyard.

Advertisement
Even on pro level Miller is smoother than most.. Always seems in control and just does soo many things soo well.. An all around game and never gets rushed.. Like Lefty types Jalen Rose or smaller obviously Lamar Odom, couple smooth players who could do a little bit of everything
miller is one of the more smoother and developed guys out there in terms of skill. he knows how to use his feet and to navigate around the rim. not to mention his handling for a big and passing. hes not the most athletic dude but hes def one of the more skilled guys out there.

Any UT fans still lurking...

Wrestling Fuck You GIF by AEWonTV

One of the things that's always been obvious to me when watching college basketball is the difference in playing styles vs the NBA. In the league, there's a smoothness to the skill level that's just not there in college. In college, players can make shots, players can drive, but it's often chaotic and forced, almost like guys at that level aren't fully in control of their bodies yet. Miller played like an NBA player last night. It was a smoothness that you don't see often in college.
That’s bc of different rules college there’s no defensive 3 seconds. So big men stand in paint almost always. Nba doesnt have that so the paint is more open. But to me college basketball is a way better product. It’s still bball unlike the nba that’s more like choreographed dance with the rule changes

Advertisement
I cannot make it to the semifinal but it the Canes win on Saturday I'm gonna make every effort to fly in on Monday morning for the championship game.
Couldn't wait on the Hurricane Club because prices are shooting up. We have 4 in Section 512 for Saturday and Monday.

His biggest improvement is not forcing things when he’s obviously off. That was his biggest issue before. He trusts his teammates and knows we can win with him just being a decoy. Then late he got going and then got aggressive. Very mature cat now. I’ll say this for him if he gets his shoulders squared it’s pretty much over , no matter how difficult the shot is.
Let me be even more specific; as long as he turns over his left shoulder. Now every player has a preferred way to turn before shooting so I’m not knocking Wong, but he is a so much better shooter going right than going left. And I’m sure defenses know this but sometimes it’s hard to stop anyways. Like trying to stop James Harden from going left.

Advertisement
They are dead silent about Wong being pulled down on a shot he made and getting called for a foul on it, tho.
They keep saying “That call changed the entire game!” and no mention of the Wong bucket that was waved off due to a “push off” that had Carr grabbing Wong’s arms. So it all evened out, plus there’s no way of knowing Omier makes both of those free throws.

What’s clear is this: This team played so many close games they weren’t phased. The free throw shooting was clutch. Miller, who was amazing from the line until the last month, was 100%. Coach L is the only coach that has Final Four experience. I’m sure he wants to take it a step further than last time.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back