ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Advertisement
agreed. bad calls went both ways and as Texas' coach said the foul called against Cunningham didn't cost them the game. anyways, Texas IMO got a little overconfident and stopped the high energy on defense in the final 10 minutes. both wong and pack made very difficult shots and the rest is history.

I dont think it was overconfidence as much as I think Texas got a little tired from playing pressure D the entire game to that point. They were over-committing to stop the three point shots all game. Down the stretch they got called for 4 or 5 blocking calls. That's something that can tend to come with being tired and a half step slow.

Advertisement
Congratulations on being the last person in America to realize that
B4A75466-F387-4177-99A0-121FD61DCB16.gif

Should have thrown him out... just as intentional as cutting the legs from under someone skying to the basket on a fast break
That’s been my point in conversations. That play was cheap as ****. So fortunate that ended well for Omier. That Texas kid is a cheap *** player. That’s what he is and what he does. If the stakes weren’t so high somebody would have had to taken that ***** out.

Advertisement
I went back and re-watched the second half of the Texas game. After the game was over last night I kinda felt that the Canes had a few iffy calls go their way down the stretch. After re-watching I really dont think that was the case. What I saw was Texas' D slow down a bit and the Canes kept driving towards the basket and forcing the action. The calls were fairly even. There was some ticky tack calls in both directions. With that much high speed action, refs are bound to make some bad calls but there was nothing egregious in either direction.

Texas took 17 more 3-point shots than UM, effectively removing the chance of a foul from 17 more attempts than Miami. Seventeen.

Texas had 23 total fouls and Miami had 14. If the number of fouls had been anywhere close to even, that would have been the statistical aberration.

Miami also had some very questionable calls go against them, as all teams do, so everything passed the look test.

The whole premise is ridiculous. Especially since universally-hated Miami beating Texas, one of the most powerful AD's in college sports and the home-state host of the Final Four and a school with 10x the alumni Miami does, cost the NCAA millions and millions.

Last edited:
Texas took 17 more 3-point shots than UM, effectively removing the chance of a foul from 17 more attempts than Miami. Seventeen.

Texas had 23 total fouls and Miami had 14. If the number of fouls had been anywhere close to even, that would have been the statistical aberration.

Miami also had some very questionable calls go against them, as all teams do, so everything passed the look test.

The whole premise is ridiculous. Especially since universally-hated Miami beating Texas, one of the most powerful AD's in college sports and the home-state host of the Final Four and a school with 10x the alumni Miami does, cost the NCAA millions and millions.
To texas fans...
You get outscored by 20 in the last 12 minutes, you got to give me more than just the refs helping us out, no?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back