Elijah Roberts to the portal

Time are a changing. Impact players not cast offs hit the portal now. Even going back a few years.

Kyler Murray
Joe Burrow
Justin Fields
Jameson Williams
Jamar Gibbs
Jaydon Daniels
Jaelen Phillips
Travis Dye
Deriq King
Charleston Rambo
Bo Nix

Ahkeem Mesidor
Tyrique Stevenson
Jordan Travis
Tre Benson
Johnny Wilson

Jermaine Johnson
Jamie Robinson
Jared Verse
Fabian Lovett
Hendon Hooker

Caleb Williams
Jordan Addison
times arent changing players always were allowed to transfer.

The bolded were cast offs.

It isnt a guarantee what your going to get. I can list a million transfer players that amount to nothin as well. Hoping an praying your going to flip your roster with 40+ out of the portal isnt the way to go.lol

Advertisement
Those guys have been our best players over the past few years now.

My retort would be to ask you if replacing our bottom 30 players with 30 portal castaways if you'd significantly raise the floor of our roster.

No offense to Elijah Roberts, but when portal castaways like Antonio Moultrie and Jacob Lichtenstein come in and basically replace you and others like you that's pretty telling. Roberts seemed like a good 'Cane from a good family and we all had high hopes he's be a solid rotational defensive lineman at minimum...but it seems he has not yet become that for whatever reason. Maybe at his next stop. With that said...

If you replaced the Elijah Roberts on roster and guys below him on the depth chart with some Moultrie-Lichtenstein type of players, is Miami a better football team? For every Elijah Roberts we'd have to replace, there are plenty of known malcontents that hit the bricks and are also replaced with portal castaways. So...how much better are we in that scenario? I know if you look at the WR Room, that portal castaway is starting and challenging for some of our records, offensive scheme pending.

I'm sure Mario would likely agree...the rosters bottom 1/3 is unplayable right now. Many of these players were unplayable last year as well, and some the year before that, so...at some point do we welcome the land of misfit toys that must come like ripping off a bandaid to this program or do you just want to see if you can breed the institutional rot out of them. I think I'd just prefer the latter. The former seems like an unnecessarily ****ty time to be a fan of this program.
Guys with 6+ years in college weight programs

whats going to make this year any different?.

Considering most "portal" players are upper classmen who arent as impressionable as 17 yr old high school kids?>

The beast yall are expecting i think will generally be around the same level somewhat of what we got this year. We are gonna have to get guys from group of 5 looking to improve or maybe a guyy or two wanting to return to florida or going thru a coaching change type.

I dont see the "elite" guys yall are expecting choosing to come here when they will have better options etc.
I agree it won’t be more than maybe 1 or 2 “elite” guys and then hopefully guys who are mature, ready to work and fill a hole in the roster. It’s about depth and raising the floor after the top guys are off the board.

It’s going to take more than just this off season. I said this is. 2-3 year rebuild a long time ago.

Next year I hope we can win the coastal. That’s still goal number 1. Then we go from there

Those guys have been our best players over the past few years now.

My retort would be to ask you if replacing our bottom 30 players with 30 portal castaways if you'd significantly raise the floor of our roster.

No offense to Elijah Roberts, but when portal castaways like Antonio Moultrie and Jacob Lichtenstein come in and basically replace you and others like you that's pretty telling. Roberts seemed like a good 'Cane from a good family and we all had high hopes he's be a solid rotational defensive lineman at minimum...but it seems he has not yet become that for whatever reason. Maybe at his next stop. With that said...

If you replaced the Elijah Roberts on roster and guys below him on the depth chart with some Moultrie-Lichtenstein type of players, is Miami a better football team? For every Elijah Roberts we'd have to replace, there are plenty of known malcontents that hit the bricks and are also replaced with portal castaways. So...how much better are we in that scenario? I know if you look at the WR Room, that portal castaway is starting and challenging for some of our records, offensive scheme pending.

I'm sure Mario would likely agree...the rosters bottom 1/3 is unplayable right now. Many of these players were unplayable last year as well, and some the year before that, so...at some point do we welcome the land of misfit toys that must come like ripping off a bandaid to this program or do you just want to see if you can breed the institutional rot out of them. I think I'd just prefer the latter. The former seems like an unnecessarily ****ty time to be a fan of this program.
I dont know of anything 38 year old Lichtenstein or Anotonio Moultrie have done that Elijah Roberts couldnt do with the reps. They the type of castoffs im speaking on actually. The Denis, Sagapalu's of the world.

Or that you recruited these graduate transfers with promise of reps and have to play them...(regards to the bolded)

I agree it won’t be more than maybe 1 or 2 “elite” guys and then hopefully guys who are mature, ready to work and fill a hole in the roster. It’s about depth and raising the floor after the top guys are off the board.

It’s going to take more than just this off season. I said this is. 2-3 year rebuild a long time ago.

Next year I hope we can win the coastal. That’s still goal number 1. Then we go from there
Yea im thinking guys that keep posted this are posting this like Mario threw away this year because he knew he was going to "flip" the roster in the portal are going to set themselves up for disappointment.....that definately aint true and next year i have already tempered my expectations and 7 or so wins would be aluck of the draw imo.

Advertisement
Best of luck to the kid. With that being said, keep ‘em coming. Gut the whole roster for all I care.

We've been hearing that most guys entering the portal were guys that didn't buy into the new regime,new culture,etc but Roberts and Gil both seem like good kids that are just looking for playing time elsewhere.
Elijah bought in! WE bought in. Please don't believe everything you hear. ALOT of players bought in. Everyone that I know of WAS excited about the change.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely more to that but you're correct. If you work hard & compete you should earn playing time but it doesn't always workout like that.
Good luck to him in his further endeavors. He will land on his feet and hopefully get more playing time at his new school. Either way he will end up with a free college degree. Congrats!

Advertisement
I dont know of anything 38 year old Lichtenstein or Anotonio Moultrie have done that Elijah Roberts couldnt do with the reps. They the type of castoffs im speaking on actually. The Denis, Sagapalu's of the world.

Or that you recruited these graduate transfers with promise of reps and have to play them...(regards to the bolded)
To be honest, idk either...but they are playing and he's not. And I think we know and can fairly assume what level player Moultrie and Lichtenstein are without insulting them...but if these guys are taking your reps, its a yikes for you as a player. It ain't about politics at that point. Maybe he was hurt or there is some other circumstance we aren't aware of.

He flashes when he plays. Just didn't get the opportunity for more PT
He def made some plays but he also failed to keep contain multiple times earlier this year especially with running QBs. That was thing I noticed. A lot of players have had issues on the defense so Idk why he fell out of favor .

Good luck to him

Advertisement
Back