Elijah Roberts to the portal

Advertisement
The thing I'm afraid of with all the attrition that's coming is backfilling the quality depth spots. Most kids going the portal route are mostly leaving for playing time hard to recruit guys to be rotational pieces unless they are young which will just he another excuse next year. “You see it in spurts but we are young and coming along”

Advertisement
Good luck to the kid, but him going doesn't show me the roster is going to be significantly different. Talk to me when the guys consistently in the two deep are going. Until then, I don't believe it.

Advertisement
The thing I'm afraid of with all the attrition that's coming is backfilling the quality depth spots. Most kids going the portal route are mostly leaving for playing time hard to recruit guys to be rotational pieces unless they are young which will just he another excuse next year. “You see it in spurts but we are young and coming along”

For some strange reason...posters here think we are going to "flip" the roster with talent from out the portal.....

Majority of that talent in the portal will be castaways fromt heir previous school so this will be interesting to watch.

They keep saying we will have 40 new guys.....like it just will be 40 beast in the portal good enough to make up for the coaching defiicencies of Mario Cristobal.

Im not expecting to see a complete turn around that some are expecting...im expecting small steps in hopefully a new offensive staff. We will have talent deficiencies on Defense still next year imo due to previous recruiting and always losing guys like Elijah Roberts or depth pieces.

Good point,I guess with the transfer portal now we need to see the roster different now.Can't look at it like before with the 85 ships and stacking good young talent away and look at it more like the NFL and put together the best team every season with the best 50 or so players you can.

For some strange reason...posters here think we are going to "flip" the roster with talent from out the portal.....

Majority of that talent in the portal will be castaways fromt heir previous school so this will be interesting to watch.

They keep saying we will have 40 new guys.....like it just will be 40 beast in the portal good enough to make up for the coaching defiicencies of Mario Cristobal.

Im not expecting to see a complete turn around that some are expecting...im expecting small steps in hopefully a new offensive staff. We will have talent deficiencies on Defense still next year imo due to previous recruiting and always losing guys like Elijah Roberts or depth pieces.

This.

Advertisement

Mario is not even a portal guy anyway. he has barely used it.

People expecting to see a complete turnaround are setting themselves up for a massive disappointment.

Advertisement

I hate how true this is.

Advertisement
Back