Elephant in the Room.... Kaaya

I have been very excited about this team this year and I'm with all of you that I love this Canes team. And I think they can win the Coastal for sure. BUT.... each week I look to put one bad feeling to rest. Each week I look for some sign that I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing. I have talked to others and some feel the same way.

So far I don't see the Kaaya that we all were hoping to see. He played great in game one vs. a HS team. Not so good in game 2. Played better in Game 3 but I did have some issues. And I did not think he played well at all vs GT

My issue with Kaaya is he is a Statue back there. He has virtually no mobility in the pocket and does not have the ability to extend plays AT ALL. He has a great arm and is accurate but his footwork in the pocket and his ability to move in the pocket to throw is awful. Go back and look at the first 2 series in the 2nd half when Miami really needed to score vs GT. GT came after him and he could not do a thing. Look at the 2nd half vs FSU last year. They came after him and he could not do a thing. He is deadly when he has time and someone is open but if he does not have someone open on a 3 count.. he is dead in the water.

There was point in the GT game that UM needed the Brad Kaaya that needs to be able to carry a team to put this team on his back. And I did no see it. Thank God for the defense. And its not just the GT game there have been many. See FSU last year when all we needed was one or two first downs.

I hope I'm wrong and we will see this week. FSU loves to come after him. And for all of you who think he is ready for the NFL you are wrong. Notice all the talk about him and the Heisman and where he will go in the draft has stopped. The QB from UNC is getting more publicity on that than he is.

Again I hope I'm wrong but its the one thing that is giving me a not so good feeling.

Advertisement
He can only do what's asked of him. 96 QBR on Saturday isn't bad at all. It's higher than Deshaun Watsons was against GT the week prior.

Kayaa isn't a world beater, but he's also not the problem on this team. The OL is the biggest weakness.

The one time richt opened the playbook up at 28-21 he went right down the field and made it look stupid easy

Here's to hoping another shhhhhhh happens on Twitter on Saturday night

Advertisement
As the team gets better the quality of posts gets worse.

This board has become almost unreadable the last few weeks.

We're 4-0 and I'm thrilled about it. He has played well enough for us to be 4-0 so you cant ask for much more.

But... Kaaya is not a first round quarterback "RIGHT NOW". He will get a lot of OL and OL coaches fired on the next level. On top of that, when he starts getting hit in the mouth (even on the college level) his accuracy decreases.

Whenever he comes out and the scouts begin to break down his film, he will slide.

Do not question Bard Kayak on this board!!!! It will not be tolerated. He is one of the 2 or 3 best QBs in the history of this program!

Advertisement
you can see I don't post much on this board.. So if there are a lot of Kaaya threads I do apologize. I just have a tough time jumping on this wagon.. He did look great on two drives. That is great.. But he got hit on one 3rd down when he held the ball for about 5 seconds and could not step up and throw. He then threw in the dirt to Coley on another 3rd down when he was open. This is not a last Saturday thing. Dude can't move out of his own shadow.. And I hear the "he had a high passer rating" he threw 19 times not 48 times like Watson. I do think there is something to the fact that they did not open the playbook Saturday so I'm hoping I have not seen all of Kaaya.

We're 4-0 and I'm thrilled about it. He has played well enough for us to be 4-0 so you cant ask for much more.

But... Kaaya is not a first round quarterback "RIGHT NOW". He will get a lot of OL and OL coaches fired on the next level. On top of that, when he starts getting hit in the mouth (even on the college level) his accuracy decreases.

Whenever he comes out and the scouts begin to break down his film, he will slide.

Who gives a **** if he's a first round QB or not? He can be an area league QB as long as we win.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Who give a **** if he's a first round QB or not? He can be an area league QB as long as we win.

You must haven't seen all the predictions of "first round".

The record for people being added to the ignore list has been broken this week.

There should be a minimum amount of posts one has to achieve until they can start a thread. This is getting a little ridiculous

Advertisement
I don't give a **** if he's a first rounder, an undrafted free agent, or a NFL Europe player...just ******* win while he's here

Advertisement
Back