Elephant in the Room.... Kaaya

One more thing.....Kaaya is the elephant all right & he's going to stomp FSU's *** right into the turf. :machinegun:

Advertisement
Throws a beautiful football when his feet are set and he has time. Struggles anytime the other team makes it uncomfortable. Expect to see a ton of short passes on Saturday. He's due to light it up.

I'm worried bout Kaaya too. Have been. I've said it before, I don't think he's athletic enough for the NFL. I think you'll see some of that lack of athleticism be a problem against FSU. He needs to have an exceptionally clean pocket. I think FSU's defense is very suspect, but I think they'll swing for the fences and come after him. How we handle th pressure will be key. They're going to give us lots of chances, but we are going to have to execute. I suspect we will be run heavy because I'm a little suspicious that Richt doesn't full trust Kaaya yet.

You know who's never a threat to run and can get flustered under heavy pressure? Tom Brady. Nobody gives a crap if he just throws it away instead of tucking it and running.

FSU brought heavy pressure and clobbered Kaaya almost every time he dropped back to pass last year. All he did was light them up for over 400 yards passing.

Advertisement
Kaaya isn't a stats machine. He's smart, accurate & doesn't lose the game for you. I wanna see his signature win on Saturday. His freshman year against FSU he probably played his BEST game of his college career.

You know who's never a threat to run and can get flustered under heavy pressure? Tom Brady. Nobody gives a crap if he just throws it away instead of tucking it and running.

Brady runs and looks like Mike Vick next to Kaaya...I have legitmately never seen a QB as immobile as Kaaya. It's alarming. Not sure what happened to that knee, but he cannot run at all.

Another I hate Brad Kaaya thread, color me surprised. I haven't heard anyone except the unemployed NFL scouts that live on our board say Kaaya has done anything to play himself out of the 1st round. Not to mention, he still has another year left which I wouldn't be surprised to see him utilize. I just can't comprehend all the hate that Brad mostly, but a lot of other players get from our fans. There are constantly multiple threads pop up ragging on this player or that player, at least 3 so far today, but you rarely see threads praising players, why is that?

Advertisement
Pick a different country. Bolivia's a great place - especially Santa Cruz....friendly people, beautiful women, lots of things to see and do and great coffee....

I have been very excited about this team this year and I'm with all of you that I love this Canes team. And I think they can win the Coastal for sure. BUT.... each week I look to put one bad feeling to rest. Each week I look for some sign that I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing. I have talked to others and some feel the same way.

So far I don't see the Kaaya that we all were hoping to see. He played great in game one vs. a HS team. Not so good in game 2. Played better in Game 3 but I did have some issues. And I did not think he played well at all vs GT

My issue with Kaaya is he is a Statue back there. He has virtually no mobility in the pocket and does not have the ability to extend plays AT ALL. He has a great arm and is accurate but his footwork in the pocket and his ability to move in the pocket to throw is awful. Go back and look at the first 2 series in the 2nd half when Miami really needed to score vs GT. GT came after him and he could not do a thing. Look at the 2nd half vs FSU last year. They came after him and he could not do a thing. He is deadly when he has time and someone is open but if he does not have someone open on a 3 count.. he is dead in the water.

There was point in the GT game that UM needed the Brad Kaaya that needs to be able to carry a team to put this team on his back. And I did no see it. Thank God for the defense. And its not just the GT game there have been many. See FSU last year when all we needed was one or two first downs.

I hope I'm wrong and we will see this week. FSU loves to come after him. And for all of you who think he is ready for the NFL you are wrong. Notice all the talk about him and the Heisman and where he will go in the draft has stopped. The QB from UNC is getting more publicity on that than he is.

Again I hope I'm wrong but its the one thing that is giving me a not so good feeling.

When you return from Bolivia, be sure to declare everything you've gathered from your travels to US Customs.

Kaaya isn't a stats machine. He's smart, accurate & doesn't lose the game for you. I wanna see his signature win on Saturday. His freshman year against FSU he probably played his BEST game of his college career.

He's a Miami quarterback. My advice to him is never throw late in the flats. It's time to roll with Richt's offense. The flats are a big part of Richt's passing concepts. Curl/flat, skinny post/flat with a crosser will be coming soon. It's time.

He was better last year vs them.

Brady has excellent footwork and pocket presence. Two thinks BK needs to improve upon.

Advertisement
What's odd about this thread is that their has never been thread touting Kaaya's mobility or athleticism. In other words we know he ain't Jonny football or Lamar Jackson, but certainly not the one to be concerned about. You think Pats been concerned that Brady lacks athleticism? A QB's best attributes are reading defenses and making accurate throws.

Kaaya is a fine college quaterback, one of the best in the nation, has put up great numbers, we have not lost a game and "CANE FANS" criticize a guy who is been a perfect citizen, leader quality quarterback that gives the edge for the CANES over most teams. I just thin people need something to bytch about since Golden is gone.

Advertisement

He was better last year vs them.

Exactly. I swear it's like people have never watched Kaaya play before on this board. Guy has only thrown for 721 yds. 5 TDs and 1 Int. against FSU over the last two years. But yeah, he's the elephant in the room.... smh

The OP is a complete and utter moron . We have a great QB who has done everything we have asked and we get this drivel posted.

FSU brought heavy pressure and clobbered Kaaya almost every time he dropped back to pass last year. All he did was light them up for over 400 yards passing.

That never happened according to several porsters. That's impossible. He's incapable of it.

Advertisement
Back