Elephant in the Room.... Kaaya

Idiots gon be wailing and crying when Kaaya leaves. QBs behind him on depth chart ain't close to being as good as young Brad. Miami lucky to have him.

Advertisement
We win the FSU game last year if Berrios makes the catch in the end zone. Kaaya is in a new system with a new offensive coordinator, you have to cut him some slack. I do agree on one thing and that is Kaaya should stay for his senior year, he is not ready for the pros.

BK is a good QB but not a great one. His accurate passes and cerebral approach to the game are his best qualities. The first two qualities you look for in a QB! The next two are killer instincts and mobility which he lacks. I'm thankful to have him on the team.

We win the FSU game last year if Berrios makes the catch in the end zone. Kaaya is in a new system with a new offensive coordinator, you have to cut him some slack. I do agree on one thing and that is Kaaya should stay for his senior year, he is not ready for the pros.

He is undefeated and in top 10 --- He needs no slack. Some on this board need to get over their sand lot memories when they played qb and ran around in circles a lot and thought themselves great.

Advertisement
You can always tell how much a person knows about football by how much he blames the quarterback.

Agree with the OP. He's played pretty well but hasn't lived up to the preseason hype.

That was 2 years ago. And while that was a PERFECT pass, it was still not an easy catch. There were LOTS of things that happened that cost us that game. The Dobard fumble comes to mind.

I have been very excited about this team this year and I'm with all of you that I love this Canes team. And I think they can win the Coastal for sure. BUT.... each week I look to put one bad feeling to rest. Each week I look for some sign that I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing. I have talked to others and some feel the same way.

So far I don't see the Kaaya that we all were hoping to see. He played great in game one vs. a HS team. Not so good in game 2. Played better in Game 3 but I did have some issues. And I did not think he played well at all vs GT

My issue with Kaaya is he is a Statue back there. He has virtually no mobility in the pocket and does not have the ability to extend plays AT ALL. He has a great arm and is accurate but his footwork in the pocket and his ability to move in the pocket to throw is awful. Go back and look at the first 2 series in the 2nd half when Miami really needed to score vs GT. GT came after him and he could not do a thing. Look at the 2nd half vs FSU last year. They came after him and he could not do a thing. He is deadly when he has time and someone is open but if he does not have someone open on a 3 count.. he is dead in the water.

There was point in the GT game that UM needed the Brad Kaaya that needs to be able to carry a team to put this team on his back. And I did no see it. Thank God for the defense. And its not just the GT game there have been many. See FSU last year when all we needed was one or two first downs.

I hope I'm wrong and we will see this week. FSU loves to come after him. And for all of you who think he is ready for the NFL you are wrong. Notice all the talk about him and the Heisman and where he will go in the draft has stopped. The QB from UNC is getting more publicity on that than he is.

Again I hope I'm wrong but its the one thing that is giving me a not so good feeling.

I'd love to know what moment that was. There was only one point in the game that GT put pressure on Miami. That's when they scored to make it 28-21. The next drive Kaaya went 3-3 leading us down the field for a quick score. So what were you talking about?

Advertisement
All these people that are complaining about Brad are the same ones that will start 100 post when/if he leaves early. Brad is doing a great job so far managing the game, Dorsey didn't run either and everyone here (me included) loves him. Give Brad a chance, if he goes out Saturday and melts down then fire away but right now you're complaining about a QB that's 4-0 and has 8 TD's to 3 INT's. Geez, with those numbers this guy must suck... (sarcasm)

Do not question Bard Kayak on this board!!!! It will not be tolerated. He is one of the 2 or 3 best QBs in the history of this program!

Old man Harry bashing Kaaya? How original

How is that bashing?

This board rides with Kaaya he is the best

Of course people are going to ride with Kayaa, he's the starting QB with nobody that good in the wings.

Bitter old drunk queens like you pick someone to scapegoat and flog with your flaccid members and don't let up.

Tell us, you old stinking goat, what do you want? What do you expect to happen? You want this site to turn into a 24 hour bītchfest about our QB?

The knowledgeable fans on here perfectly understand his strengths and weaknesses, and as of this season, and his career, his strengths have overcome his weaknesses. There maybe a game, or games, in the future where his weaknesses cause a loss, but at this point that's never happened.

By the way, you don't see the good in Kayaa, but you worship one of the worst broadcasters in the history of sports broadcasting? How does that work? Harry Caray was a retarded, word-slurring, toxic and chronic alcoholic pretty much hated by anyone that actually knew him, including his own family. You can't be taken seriously with a bar that low and a hero that pathetic.

I'm not worry about BK, its the guys that have to protect him, that worries me the most!

Kaaya isn't a stats machine. He's smart, accurate & doesn't lose the game for you. I wanna see his signature win on Saturday. His freshman year against FSU he probably played his BEST game of his college career.

He's a Miami quarterback. My advice to him is never throw late in the flats. It's time to roll with Richt's offense. The flats are a big part of Richt's passing concepts. Curl/flat, skinny post/flat with a crosser will be coming soon. It's time.

I believe Richt was the Noles' OC when they came up with the "zonebuster" scheme, where they would run curls at 7-10 yards on the hashes and a swing pass to a fast RB (Warrick Dunn comes to mind) to the flat in front of it. Combined with their fast break pace, it would put the defense in a helluva spot to defend one or the other, and they just killed teams with it for years and years.

It's definitely something we're going to start seeing more of as we get to the meat of the ACC schedule.

Advertisement
Kaaya isn't a stats machine. He's smart, accurate & doesn't lose the game for you. I wanna see his signature win on Saturday. His freshman year against FSU he probably played his BEST game of his college career.

He's a Miami quarterback. My advice to him is never throw late in the flats. It's time to roll with Richt's offense. The flats are a big part of Richt's passing concepts. Curl/flat, skinny post/flat with a crosser will be coming soon. It's time.

I believe Richt was the Noles' OC when they came up with the "zonebuster" scheme, where they would run curls at 7-10 yards on the hashes and a swing pass to a fast RB (Warrick Dunn comes to mind) to the flat in front of it. Combined with their fast break pace, it would put the defense in a helluva spot to defend one or the other, and they just killed teams with it for years and years.

It's definitely something we're going to start seeing more of as we get to the meat of the ACC schedule.

It's been a staple of Richt's offense since forever. We've seen a few instances where Richt will give it to opponents full throttle out of multiple formations. I just think we'll see it more often going forward. I'm still waiting to see octane from that deadly gun split-back formation. We've seen it, but nothing special yet.

BTW: both Dunn and Minor gave defenses head-aches.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back