Effect of Joker Phillips leaving UF.

Advertisement
Fellas, we all know there is nothing going to come out of this. The $EC is pretty much untouchable. For those who haven't read this article, it's pretty interesting. It's a yahoo story which has the same exact evidence that they put out there on us, i.e texts, phone calls, receipts, etc. And the NCAA hasn't done a thing about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--documents--texts-reveal-impermissible-benefits-to-five-sec-players-202513237.html

I really think after what happened with us, the NCAA won't be following any of Robinson's stories. It didn't work in their favor and the more they do it, the more it looks like they can't do their job, and instead rely on him.

It's like retaliation from Yahoo, call UM rats, after it was shown they were full of **** with their article.

18.png

Advertisement
nah it aint...dannyboy went on a 20 minute youtube rant like a year ago. Kid was threatening about 100 people from canestime.

Advertisement
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ript...ts_miami_hurricanes_versus_florida_gators.php

The University of Miami and the University of Florida are embroiled in the latest college football scandal. The controversy highlights why NCAA rules restricting a recruiter's contact with student athletes make no sense.

Last week, Joker Phillips resigned as University of Florida wide receivers coach after the NCAA received a photo of him while he was talking to a high school recruit at a football practice. Florida could be found guilty of a major violation because Phillips allegedly spoke to the player during a scouting event where coaches are only allowed to evaluate recruits.

University of Florida coaches are accusing two Miami assistants of taking the incriminating pictures. Both universities are not commenting on the matter. However, head coaches at several high schools around the state have decided to ban Miami coaches from coming on their campuses.

This could have all been avoided if college coaches were allowed to have more conversations with student athletes than the NCAA allows. By restricting how college coaches can communicate with high school recruits, the NCAA is giving competing football programs ammunition to go after each other.

There is no way an assistant can gauge the character of a high school recruit by simply relying on his grades and a couple of visits during the recruiting season. His job is on the line when he tells the head coach to recruit a certain player who ends up getting in trouble down the road.

When a troubled student athlete robs a convenience store after he's enrolled and on campus, it is the assistant who is going to get canned. At the same time, a good kid with a 4.0 grade point average at an inner city school may get passed over because the coach recruiting him couldn't interact with him.

In order to find out if a star student athlete is a responsible young adult or out running in the streets, college assistants need more time to develop a dialogue with the kid and his family. A coach should not be restricted from having productive conversations with a recruit before making a scholarship commitment.

However, head coaches at several high schools around the state have decided to ban Miami coaches from coming on their campuses.

Tell me which high schools. And how are they enforcing this ban?

Man. Miami ain't loyal. You had fools falling all over themselves to trash talk The U when we were being terrorized by the NCAA. A wealth of negative recruiting, as a result; and not once did I hear a local coach ***** or complain about the negative recruiting. But then you have an instate rival break the rules and we allegedly turn them in -- and now the local coaches express outrage?

You know, South Florida is a region that seems to embrace hood principles like "no snitching" and "take the money." Fine. Fair. You know what else is a hood principle? Loyalty.

Protect this U, goddammit.

However, head coaches at several high schools around the state have decided to ban Miami coaches from coming on their campuses.

Tell me which high schools. And how are they enforcing this ban?

Man. Miami ain't loyal. You had fools falling all over themselves to trash talk The U when we were being terrorized by the NCAA. A wealth of negative recruiting, as a result; and not once did I hear a local coach **** or complain about the negative recruiting. But then you have an instate rival break the rules and we allegedly turn them in -- and now the local coaches express outrage?
Y
You know, South Florida is a region that seems to embrace hood principles like "no snitching" and "take the money." Fine. Fair. You know what else is a hood principle? Loyalty.

Protect this U, goddammit.

Exactly. If that's true about a "ban" (I highly doubt it) then those clowns weren't ever friends of our program anyway. Like you said, where was the outrage when Muscorch was blatantly lying...errr....recruiting against us? Like I said, I highly doubt any school is officially banning us but the ones already in the $EC's pocket are probably butthurt. Boo..effing...hoo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back