Effect of Joker Phillips leaving UF.

i don't think anything will come of it, but, usually when they fire you and fire you fast, it's not usually the minor secondary violations. it has to be somewhat serious or something he has repeatedly done. minor things like phone calls or contact outside the specified periods don't usually get u fired. maybe i'm wrong.

The actual violations are NOT the problem, it's the NCAA hanging out and snooping around because they will inevitably will find other things!

Advertisement
i don't think anything will come of it, but, usually when they fire you and fire you fast, it's not usually the minor secondary violations. it has to be somewhat serious or something he has repeatedly done. minor things like phone calls or contact outside the specified periods don't usually get u fired. maybe i'm wrong.

Agree. He'd get ethics classes and a fine if it were secondary violation IMO.

NCAA will consider u*** firing joker "a fair and reasonable punishment" with no additional penalties

Fellas, we all know there is nothing going to come out of this. The $EC is pretty much untouchable. For those who haven't read this article, it's pretty interesting. It's a yahoo story which has the same exact evidence that they put out there on us, i.e texts, phone calls, receipts, etc. And the NCAA hasn't done a thing about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--documents--texts-reveal-impermissible-benefits-to-five-sec-players-202513237.html

Nothing to see here, fires coach, well that was the appropriate action and nothing further needs to come of this.

Advertisement
Post on other thread says it's a smokescreen, he didn't fit in with the new offensive coordinator.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Muschamp is a Dead Man walking, Foley's cheap *** just doesn't want to pay two coaches simultaneously...I hope Champ stays in Gainesville forever

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...illips--resignation-at-florida-204421481.html

Three sources told Yahoo Sports the photo was turned over to the NCAA by an individual with ties to the Miami Hurricanes athletics program. Should the NCAA determine Phillips improperly recruited during a mandated dead period, it could be considered a major NCAA violation.

Anyone know what would come from a "major NCAA violation"? How big could the sanctions get (if there even are any....)?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back