Edwards and Henderson

Advertisement
Okay, trying to talk myself down here - let's look at what's actually been happening the past week with these two and UF:

Henderson
- Not returning calls from UF
- Dad shuts down UF visit
- Was supposed to hang out at UM Sunday and watch film but didn't

Edwards
- Visits UF without mom (Mom loves UM)
- Gets the royal treatment on his UF visit and may be waffling but who knows since nobody talks to anybody

UF
- Just added Brad Stewart at CB
- Just added that Houston commit at Safety

Am I missing anything here? Based on what's actually been happening - especially with UF taking those two late DB commitments - it sure seems like not much has really changed besides kids trying to drum up some excitement on NSD.

I'ma roll with that and drink the other half of that bottle of bourbon I've got stowed away in my closet. Maybe I'll just blackout until Wednesday - safer that way.

Apparently Mom was with Edwards at UF

And you gotta factor in UF lost Blades at CB so one of those new kids they took was just taking his spot

Blades roomed with Hendo, so this should have been a great Gator bad talking weekend

I dont doubt that had a role in Henderson not feeling UF all week

yes go drink some bourbon ghost2 lol, its going to be alright.

So Pete and his source, and the Facebook insider group source are putting conflicting information out about Henderson....hmmmmmmm....interesting.

The only thing I'm sour about is the loss of McFarland without a back up plan.

I don't give a rats *** about Henderson or Edwards.

DJ Ivey, Al Blades, Josh Jobe, Gilbert Frierson and Jalen Patterson are better prospects than Henderson. All will be Canes if we want them.

Guvan Hall and CJ Smith are better than Edwards. Both will be Canes if we want them.

Advertisement
Anybody that says anything is certain, either "they gone" or "cane lock" is fos

Listen to the people that say unless signed letter is in hand, nothing is certain. There's very few Duke Johnsons, Bandys, or Deejays out there. They are the exception, not the rule.

That's why there's so much female drama from many posters, they delude themselves and turn into screaming shrews when it doesn't go our way.

Miami will always have to fight for the top recruits because we really don't (and can't have) a bag game, for one reason.

"He is tried!", "He want just came back from Orlando!", "Don't worry. They comin #WatchTheFinish!"

I said this before.. When these kids does something "suddenly"... They not coming.. We saw it with McFarland.. Smith.. and now Henderson.. We should have learn by now that the only people that are locks to us is the early enrollees and the guys that only have offers from FAU and FIU.. If I'm Miami.. I'm doing what they should of done before.. Go get Billy Gibson, Latavious Brini, and Bentavious Thompson.. at the very least as backup plans.. you can't just get exposed for no backup plans like they did with McFarland..

I like the class because there is a lot of speed but Henderson would add even more speed at least in the back in..

You eat the scholly on RB this year and that's what the staff's doing by going for a grad transfer at RB. So Thompson's a no.

Brini is not a Power 5 CB and that's pretty evident. There's a reason he's down to USF and FIU.

Going after guys who only have offers from FAU and FIU is the problem we had with Golden and Randy. And look what UF's going through, they're taking those exact guys and see it plain as day.

I said I'd believe CJ would be a Cane when that LOI was faxed in on Wednesday. I'm cautiously optimistic about him and Edwards.

But at no point did I ever see they were a for sure thing. Stay on the fence until their decision's made. Don't jump off on either side until then.

Okay, trying to talk myself down here - let's look at what's actually been happening the past week with these two and UF:

Henderson
- Not returning calls from UF
- Dad shuts down UF visit

The second part should raise giant red flags if that's actually being put out there to the media. All along, it has been reported that his dad is Mrs. Randy Shannon and King Gator.

If they're suddenly putting it out there that his dad is shutting down UF that's a classic smokescreen and a way to take some heat off the old man if he picks UF. "I tried. I love UM. I didn't even let him talk to UF the final week."

Advertisement

aint nobody dropping bags at this point in the game... especially not for a 3 star in edwards

LOL if you don't think a program will provide some incentives late in the game especially when they're desperate. The minute Henderson started talking business decisions and didn't show up to UM last night everyone should have pumped the brakes on the assumption that he was automatic.

I agree. I can't help but go back the "business decision" comment. Which would be a terrible "business decision" since this staff will be fired in 2 years.

18 year olds no jack squat about business and business decisions. It's their way usually of saying "pay me and I'll come" or "UF had some good DBs the last few years so that means I'll get rich going there."

They're too young and dumb to realize those DBs were Muscrap's guys. McEltooth had as much to do with those DBs as you did. McEltooth has zero history recruiting or developing great DBs. But in the dummy area outside the FSZ McEltooth gets credit for Muscrap's DBs.

This

Listen to the people that say unless signed letter is in hand, nothing is certain. There's very few Duke Johnsons, Bandys, or Deejays out there. They are the exception, not the rule.

That's why there's so much female drama from many posters, they delude themselves and turn into screaming shrews when it doesn't go our way.

Miami will always have to fight for the top recruits because we really don't (and can't have) a bag game, for one reason.

Female drama? I know a bunch of females, and I've never seen any of em act like some dudes approaching signing day.

Anyone realize the best recruiter in college football, Travaris Robinson, is no longer at UF?

The guy that landed Hargraves, Tabor, etc.

Female drama? I know a bunch of females, and I've never seen any of em act like some dudes approaching signing day.

I'll give you that. More like drunk tranny high on drugs drama. Better?

Advertisement
Anyone realize the best recruiter in college football, Travaris Robinson, is no longer at UF?

The guy that landed Hargraves, Tabor, etc.

I don't know about Hargreaves, his father wasn't letting him come to Miami no matter who the recruiter was

I wouldn't necessarily view not getting Henderson as a fail by this staff since no onexception thought he'd be coming here till the past week. But Brian Edward's would definitely be a fail.

Advertisement

I'll give you that. More like drunk tranny high on drugs drama. Better?

You sound pretty experienced. Care to drop by the Y tomorrow morning and give me some pointers on my technique?

Haha bump. As if females cared where 18 and 19 year old kids decided to play college football.

There's a lot of grown *** men on here calling people soft shouldered when they turn to mush once a decision doesn't go the other way. I think 90% of this thread is calling people out for being pu$$ies, when all they're doing is reacting to some not so great news from Pete.

I think these guys are going to be Canes, but I also thought McFarland was gonna be a cane. Anything can happen over these last two days.

Last edited:
The only thing I'm sour about is the loss of McFarland without a back up plan.

I don't give a rats *** about Henderson or Edwards.

DJ Ivey, Al Blades, Josh Jobe, Gilbert Frierson and Jalen Patterson are better prospects than Henderson. All will be Canes if we want them.

Guvan Hall and CJ Smith are better than Edwards. Both will be Canes if we want them.

Those are 2018 kids so what are they going to do to help us out in the 2017 season?

I feel great about Ivey, Blades and Frierson. But again, I never count a kid as in until his LOI is in. Jobe's also been flirting with Bama. That's another recruitment that will go down in Bama vs. UM books like Jeudy, Ahmmon Richards, Chad Thomas, etc.. This shctick about they'll be Canes if we want them is crap. We offered them and are currently recruiting them.

Gotta love CIS... meltdown after meltdown...its pretty epic around here.

Henderson has already told UF he's out...going to UM.
Edwards got the royal treatment this past weekend because with Henderson and the guy from Cali decommited ...they are desperate at the CB position. Took some 2* gave them an offer...and are trying to sell Edwards as hard as they can. He wants to play CB even with his size. I still think he's all UM ..

tRUTH but that doesn't fit all the bleeding vaginas on here so they need something to complain about .
Put us all on your massive titanium shoulders and carry us to the Wednesday finish line. I admire your internet grit. Do you wear steel toed boots while you type on here?

The illustrious duo of Drew and Cat have determined that Henderson told UF he's going to UM. They have no basis for it, but they said it, and everyone who doesn't believe it has a the ever-ubiquitous bloody ****** (Can we agree to retire that **** after this cycle and come up with a new way to describe guys who don't think everyone's a lock? Bleeding ****** and all derivatives of it have been overused.)

Advertisement
Back