Eddie Nunez track record

Typical CIS fight.

Porsters google. Porsters find 8-year W-L record of a coach. Porsters see improvement in Years 4 and 5, followed by regression. Porsters use the word "anomaly" without knowing the details or context. Porsters ignore coach's 30-day suspension in Year 7 based on player misconduct which was mishandled by coach in Year 6. Posters ignore coach's heart problems in Year 8. Porsters incorrectly conclude that Years 4 and 5 are an "anomaly" without correctly analyzing that the W-L record probably doesn't decline but for scandals and health issues.

Other people try to set the porsters right, but the only response is "W-L record, bro."

Advertisement
Did we have success in Blake James tenure? We were ranked second at one point?

Also 2021 - 10 = 2011.

And, again: Please prove how this is Nunez fault.

Yeah, we had some success during Blake’s tenure. Just not good enough.

Nunez was involved in hiring a dirty AND mediocre bball coach at LSU who got caught on wiretap.

Basketball has continued to decline at UNM under his watch, and he did nothing to improve football.

Ohhhh yeah… Get me THAT guy!

If the AD is hiring/firing coaches in his role, how are wins and losses not an indication of his performance?

If wins and losses don't matter, shouldn't you all love Blake James? All we hear is what a great fundraiser he was, and if the performance of the teams aren't significant, so curious why everyone wanted him gone.

Advertisement
If the AD is hiring/firing coaches in his role, how are wins and losses not an indication of his performance?

If wins and losses don't matter, shouldn't you all love Blake James? All we hear is what a great fundraiser he was, and the performance of the teams aren't significant, so curious why everyone wanted him gone.
WTH. These boys got battered wives syndrome. Its sad homie.

Nunez was involved in hiring a dirty AND mediocre bball coach at LSU who got caught on wiretap.

Basketball has continued to decline at UNM under his watch, and he did nothing to improve football.

Fits well with our basketball program now.... with a bedeviled, old foggie on the sidelines who refuses to coach or step down....

Advertisement

Prove how he was involved in hiring LSUs basketball coach, who is successful.

He also fired the coach responsible for the decline.

Advertisement
Please prove how Nunez is at fault. I am still waiting for any facts.

Besides, you are calling me an internet tough guy? Lol, good one.

Because they got worse at football and basketball since hes been there. What more proof do you want???

Jesus christ its like explaining how a car works to a woman.

My only ignant question i have in regards to Nunez is why did he go from LSU to New Mexico? Im not gonna pretend I know anything about ADs that aren't prominent figures in the media.

Advertisement
Nunez's biggest flaw is that he's young, and likely still hasn't developed the political savvy to play back channels and get stuff accomplished. IMO, if he is hired or someone of similar age, it would suggest to me that the BOT wants someone it can control. That to me is the biggest drawback of Nunez. It's got to be **** near impossible to succeed in athletics there so I care less about that then the fact that the BOT may be able to have his way with him. That's why I'm down on the likelihood of Jurich being hired because you get the sense he'd attempt to corral power away from the BOT.

But, bottom line, just like a HC looks good with a great QB, if he makes a good HC hire, and money is infused into the program, I think we'll be ok.
good point, but 14 years at LSU, one of the top athletics departments in the country, leads me to believe that he seen enough to learn and know what it takes.

Because they got worse at football and basketball since hes been there. What more proof do you want???

Jesus christ its like explaining how a car works to a woman.
Cool, ice cream sales rise when shark attacks rise. Therefore, ice cream is the reason why sharks attack people.

Agreed.

So is the nunez being interviewed twice a rumor or truth? If they have interviewed him twice then hes probably their guy. Just going off 20 years of this ****.
We've also heard that Zo was very impressive in his interview with a detailed plan. It's not impossible that Nunez was equally impressive.

Or there's nothing behind any of it. Who knows?

So I starting wondering why Miami would want Eddie Nunez other than the fact he's from Miami. I think it's only fair to judge an AD the same way as a coach so I looked at New Mexico's football team in what is one of the weakest divisions in Football to see how they have faired after Eddie was hired.
Conference , Overall
... Wins Losses , Wins Losses
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

This shows absolutely no progress at all.

The year before he was hired the Lobos were 6-2 in conference and 9-4 overall

Nunez is the genius that hired Danny Gonzalez (5-14 record) as head coach of the Lobos and all that coach has done is turn a promising football program into the laughing stock of the Mountain West.

In Short Nunez has been a Terrible AD for New Mexico with a Bad coaching hire and total inaction on correcting the issue. If we hire him you can almost guarantee Manny stays and Miami will be plunged into another decade of mediocrity.
New Mexico football has always been a **** heap of a program. I don’t think they’ve won the conference since the 50s.

Advertisement
Back