Eddie Nunez track record

It's New Mexico. No one, and I repeat no one, gives a **** about football there. No coach is going to succeed there. And even if Nunez wanted to fire the coach, he probably wouldn't have support from New Mexico's BOT because no one cares. I wouldn't put New Mexico's ****** football program on Nunez.

If, in an interview, Nunez clearly comes across as understanding that it is his job, as AD AT MIAMI, to not be complacent and to root out mediocrity, then that'd say much more about Nunez than the New Mexico football results.
So I'm guessing we shouldn't put New Mexico's ****** basketball program on him either. That's the two most important programs at UM which have been pretty ******, so he should be pretty ****** comfortable here...

Advertisement
You guys are putting way too much stock in this AD position. Lets put all the other sports to the side for a second and just focus on football..Do people here really think that Mario Christobal or Lane Kiffin are coming in here to take orders from any AD (I dont care if its Tom Jurich or Alonzo Highsmith) or any booster or any BOT member? They dont take orders from anyone at the school they are at now! Why would they come here to resurrect this program from the dead to be bossed around by anybody in Coral Gables?

Now if you want an AD to bring back the glory days of UM Baseball or Diving or Basketball than fine. But the football program will be 100% ran by either Mario or Lane. And they will see everyone on Saturdays and dont need any help except to give them a blank check whenever they need it. Thanks for stopping by the Hecht now close my door on the way out. Thats how this program will be ran.
This! AD’s at this level help coaches gain resources not really manage them

You clearly dont know what an anomaly is. They dont happen back to back. Maybe look up the definition.

They were better before he got there. They got worse after he got there. FACTS!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT A FACT IS?
Edited, cause years were wrong.
yes, anomalies happen back-to-back. An anomaly is a change of the usual situation, you complete imbecile.

Do you get credit for your bosses accomplishments? If you work at Tesla does that mean you are the reason Elon Musk is the richest man in the world? He was an assistant which doesn't mean anything, since he's been the man he has been straight garbage
Are you saying that being Musk's second in command wouldn't be a selling point?

Advertisement
And that guy total record was 35-64.One good season doesn't really mean much in the long term.

Right. He improved them, got an extension, then came a decline (which involved player misconduct, a 30-day suspension for Davie, and heart problems), and then he was let go.

Not super complicated.

Nunez was in charge during the suspension and (eventual) firing/letting go.

Advertisement
You said he hired a bad coach a year after he arrived, which is incorrect. You keep moving the goalpost. I'm not excited about dude but speak facts before you start running off and are wrong.
He has one football coach hire and it was a bad one. I was a year off but the same holds true

Advertisement
Are you saying that being Musk's second in command wouldn't be a selling point?
Do you know who his second in command is? That's the point, you don't unless you google it because they are only doing what he's envisioning. Maybe one day his second in command will run the whole show but if he does and then tanks his company nobody will say "but but but but Elon liked him so he must be good".

Do you know who his second in command is? That's the point, you don't unless you google it because they are only doing what he's envisioning. Maybe one day his second in command will run the whole show but if he does and then tanks his company nobody will say "but but but but Elon liked him so he must be good".
Well now I know you dont know **** about bosses.

Advertisement
Nunez is a basketball guy and was involved with a pretty awful hoops hire at LSU.

I’d be maybe ok with him if he were paired with Alonzo to manage football… but he is super unimpressive and would be a very disappointing hire.

Nunez is a basketball guy and was involved with a pretty awful hoops hire at LSU.

I’d be maybe ok with him if he were paired with Alonzo to manage football… but he is super unimpressive and would be a very disappointing hire.
Oh now he was involved in a hire at LSU? Thought he was an assistant and that doesnt mean ****?

Advertisement
Back