Eddie Nunez track record

I mean… this is objectively not true. They finished 1st and 2nd in their division in football the two years before Nunez started.

There are confounding factors… but to say they had no success is just factually false.
They went 17-46 before having two outstanding seasons for their standards only to plummet again.

Saying that Nunez has anything to do with New Mexico enjoying three win seasons is complete bull****.

Advertisement
@flcanesfan I see you tried to change your post up. You said he fired the dude after winning 9 games. Then you told me to google it. You goin stand on your ****ttt and admit you were wrong? Thats what I want to "here"

Does he get credit for LSU's record while he was there?
Do you get credit for your bosses accomplishments? If you work at Tesla does that mean you are the reason Elon Musk is the richest man in the world? He was an assistant which doesn't mean anything, since he's been the man he has been straight garbage

So I starting wondering why Miami would want Eddie Nunez other than the fact he's from Miami. I think it's only fair to judge an AD the same way as a coach so I looked at New Mexico's football team in what is one of the weakest divisions in Football to see how they have faired after Eddie was hired.
Conference , Overall
... Wins Losses , Wins Losses
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

This shows absolutely no progress at all.

The year before he was hired the Lobos were 6-2 in conference and 9-4 overall

Nunez is the genius that hired Danny Gonzalez (5-14 record) as head coach of the Lobos and all that coach has done is turn a promising football program into the laughing stock of the Mountain West.

In Short Nunez has been a Terrible AD for New Mexico with a Bad coaching hire and total inaction on correcting the issue. If we hire him you can almost guarantee Manny stays and Miami will be plunged into another decade of mediocrity.
He’s not a coach. The coach was extended by the previous AD while the sports budget got cut before Nunez was hired due to a tile IX violation.

Advertisement
And when he hires Mario Cristobal and Mario goes 105-35 in 10 years (random example) - does that make him a better AD than he was before because the football team won those games? It's 1 hire.

If Radakovich a good AD because Clemson is winning football games with a coach he inherited?

Or is Radakovich a good AD because of the money that poured into Clemson when Dabo started winning games and he built facilities with slides and all of that?

Look at the facility upgrades LSU underwent when Nunez was there - right in-line or better than Clemson.

Records don't make or break an AD. What is his vision and his utilization of resources?
I like you!

@flcanesfan I see you tried to change your post up. You said he fired the dude after winning 9 games. Then you told me to google it. You goin stand on your ****ttt and admit you were wrong? Thats what I want to "here"
show me where I said he fired anyone, I'll wait. I said he HIRED a terrible coach and hasn't done anything to rectify the situation

So I starting wondering why Miami would want Eddie Nunez other than the fact he's from Miami. I think it's only fair to judge an AD the same way as a coach so I looked at New Mexico's football team in what is one of the weakest divisions in Football to see how they have faired after Eddie was hired.
Conference , Overall
... Wins Losses , Wins Losses
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

This shows absolutely no progress at all.

The year before he was hired the Lobos were 6-2 in conference and 9-4 overall

Nunez is the genius that hired Danny Gonzalez (5-14 record) as head coach of the Lobos and all that coach has done is turn a promising football program into the laughing stock of the Mountain West.

In Short Nunez has been a Terrible AD for New Mexico with a Bad coaching hire and total inaction on correcting the issue. If we hire him you can almost guarantee Manny stays and Miami will be plunged into another decade of mediocrity.
Don't know how true it is or how to find that information, but earlier someone posted that Nunez took over the AD job right AFTER the school enacted massive athletic dept cuts due to financial problems. If that is true, that is a factor that has to be taken into account and can't be held against him.

Do you get credit for your bosses accomplishments? If you work at Tesla does that mean you are the reason Elon Musk is the richest man in the world? He was an assistant which doesn't mean anything, since he's been the man he has been straight garbage
Based on what?

Advertisement
AD’s are only as good as their resources. That’s just facts. There’s a few exceptions but the proof is in the pudding.

I do like Nunez is an actual athlete , I remember him from his UF days as a hooper. He is a gator which sucks but I know he really impressed in his interviews. Him with Alonzo would be an enormous upgrade over the human Tampon Blake James. Especially since there’s more money going to football. Nunez could be the choice but I would t be shocked if another name was chosen and people are like “ who “ or where did that come from”?

Last edited:
show me where I said he fired anyone, I'll wait. I said he HIRED a terrible coach and hasn't done anything to rectify the situation
How has he hired a terrible coach? The coach pretty much performs the same as all the other ones have before him, including Bob Davie, who went 3-9 in 2018.

The AD isn’t held accountable for the Ws and Ls? He is the guy who hires the guy who is responsible for the Ws and Ls.

I run a Division. I am responsible for overall performance even though I have supervisors and managers.

I find it hard to believe that any AD could go 0 and 12 each year and not ever have that as part of his 360 review at the end of the year.

I don’t think James would be gone if we had Alabama’s last decade.

Advertisement
@JayCane20 knows more about this **** than about 98% of all of the posters combined and he put it perfectly.

The fact that you continue to ignore it says it all.

Apart from the fact that I have proven how bad New Mexico has been for 11 years.

I know what an anomaly is.

You still havent proven how Nunez hire impacted wins and losses. Go on.
You clearly dont know what an anomaly is. They dont happen back to back. Maybe look up the definition.

They were better before he got there. They got worse after he got there. FACTS!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT A FACT IS?

Advertisement
Nunez's biggest flaw is that he's young, and likely still hasn't developed the political savvy to play back channels and get stuff accomplished. IMO, if he is hired or someone of similar age, it would suggest to me that the BOT wants someone it can control. That to me is the biggest drawback of Nunez. It's got to be **** near impossible to succeed in athletics there so I care less about that then the fact that the BOT may be able to have his way with him. That's why I'm down on the likelihood of Jurich being hired because you get the sense he'd attempt to corral power away from the BOT.

But, bottom line, just like a HC looks good with a great QB, if he makes a good HC hire, and money is infused into the program, I think we'll be ok.

Advertisement
Back