eddie johnson sign LOI to Hinds CC

Advertisement
This cat is gonna end up at Bama or LSU and kill somebody. ****.

I'd guess more like UAB or Mcneese St. Who knows.

20389172_BG1.jpg

Despite everyone's best attempt at downplaying this loss, he was a huge talent. Prepare to watch him dominate at some SEC school in a year or two.

That, or end up in prison. There won't be a middle ground.

Last edited:

Not a chance but I hope he turns his life around.

Agree with D$ and Lu in this thread. EJ was a talented kid with in game flaws but a grade A goon. Golden gave him a **** load of chances because his talent, he blew them all. You have to cut him loose. We have cut loose 2 contributors at LB this off season. A bunch off guys need to step up.

Still like Perryman, Gaines (more then most), Kirby (still unproven but I think he will be a beast). Really sucks that Armbrister and Terry missed the Spring.

Advertisement

Not a chance but I hope he turns his life around.

Agree with D$ and Lu in this thread. EJ was a talented kid with in game flaws but a grade A goon. Golden gave him a **** load of chances because his talent, he blew them all. You have to cut him loose. We have cut loose 2 contributors at LB this off season. A bunch off guys need to step up.

Still like Perryman, Gaines (more then most), Kirby (still unproven but I think he will be a beast). Really sucks that Armbrister and Terry missed the Spring.

Also probably means Grace plays this year instead of redshirting.

Not trying to downplay the loss of a really good player. However I think he is not irreplaceable with the players currently on the roster. But I do agree with the poster that said he and DP together for another year would have been awesome! He is a good player and unfortunately he probably will end up at an Ole miss and put it together, or just end up in prison.

Can Denzel play SLB, or do we move Kirby or Gaines outside and keep the other in the middle? Thought Gaines was playing well at the end of last year and hope he can keep the upward trajectory, but also really want to see more Kirby.

Can Denzel play SLB, or do we move Kirby or Gaines outside and keep the other in the middle? Thought Gaines was playing well at the end of last year and hope he can keep the upward trajectory, but also really want to see more Kirby.

Denzel needs to be on the weak side because TE's will take advantage of his short height. We have Bond, McCord and Figureroa (sp?) that are more suited for the strong side.

Advertisement

Denzel should be cemented at WLB. He's not a MLB and he's not a SLB. I suspect his wingspan is lacking and he really struggles to get off blocks. He doesn't have Nate Webster-like ability to slip blocks, either. In HS, I always viewed him as a WLB prospect because he was best chasing plays down. I hope we don't mess with his position anymore.

Denzel should be cemented at WLB. He's not a MLB and he's not a SLB. I suspect his wingspan is lacking and he really struggles to get off blocks. He doesn't have Nate Webster-like ability to slip blocks, either. In HS, I always viewed him as a WLB prospect because he was best chasing plays down. I hope we don't mess with his position anymore.

I agree with you on DP, who would you pencil in at SLB?

Sorry, I may have missed it...but what exactly did he do? I know there were reports he wasn't a fan of going to class etc, but I also see people referring to him being a bad teamate and a douche. Anyone have specifics?

If I had a better idea what exactly they want to do with the defense, I'd give you a name. As we stand today, I don't know who fits there because I don't know what the player is likely to be asked to do. Could be anyone from Mccord to Bond to Figueroa to...

...my guy is Grace. I doubt he'll start or even play a significant amount, but he'll be the best cover Backer on the team the second he steps foot on campus. He gets perfect depth. Has great range. Sure tackler in space. He was built for Nickel defenses.

Advertisement

If I had a better idea what exactly they want to do with the defense, I'd give you a name. As we stand today, I don't know who fits there because I don't know what the player is likely to be asked to do. Could be anyone from Mccord to Bond to Figueroa to...

...my guy is Grace. I doubt he'll start or even play a significant amount, but he'll be the best cover Backer on the team the second he steps foot on campus. He gets perfect depth. Has great range. Sure tackler in space. He was built for Nickel defenses.

It would be great for Grace to be ready for extended PT from day 1. I personally would still like to see McCord and Bond with their hands in the dirt rushing the QB from the DE position on passing downs.

Figueroa is the SAM who will replace EJ.

Grace is a stud and, like Lu mentioned, may be able to contribute right away in the nickel because of his fluidity, speed and IQ.

Advertisement

Grace is a stud and, like Lu mentioned, may be able to contribute right away in the nickel because of his fluidity, speed and IQ.

McCord, Bond, and Terry seem to fit that SLB role pretty well also, don't you think?

McCord, Bond, and Terry seem to fit that SLB role pretty well also, don't you think?

Yes, but of that group I think Figueroa is the most complete as an every-down player. I'd expect all three of the guys you mentioned to contribute to the pass rush.

I dig.

I wish McCord, Terry, Bond could spend the summer with Cam Wake.

McCord looked terrible playing the run last Saturday! He needs to be either rushing the QB or on the sidelines

Advertisement
Back