eddie johnson sign LOI to Hinds CC

Advertisement
This is the worst news ever. Hopefullly its a different Eddie Johnson as its a very common name. For those saying he wasn't good in coverage your forgetting about the interception he got at the goal line last year. As bad as our defense was last year we NEED EJ probably more then Morris or Duke since its such a need position for the team.

LOL. Ball was thrown right to him.

He was horrible in coverage and couldn't play outside of the box, especially when lined up on the slots.

Either way, I'm sure he would've got better and it's nice to have that kind of athleticism on defense.

Those downplaying EJ need to STFU

Losing him is like losing out on a 5 star caliber LB. Kid was All ACC newcomer. Was only going to get better. Was only a redshirt Freshman.

Regardless......Golden found this diamond in a pile of ****. I trust Golden more than any coach of a team I've rooted for ever

This is the worst news ever. Hopefullly its a different Eddie Johnson as its a very common name. For those saying he wasn't good in coverage your forgetting about the interception he got at the goal line last year. As bad as our defense was last year we NEED EJ probably more then Morris or Duke since its such a need position for the team.

He was horrible in coverage and couldn't play outside of the box, especially when lined up on the slots.

Either way, I'm sure he would've got better and it's nice to have that kind of athleticism on defense.

See the problem is that Im reading two extreme sides of the an argument when the answer is somewhere in the middle. First and foremost the kid had exceptional physical attributes, and stood out in what would be the proverbial tallest midget contest. Our problem last year was that we didnt have the necessary talent at the position to begin with. So when the guy is easily our 2nd best backer next to DP, it made him look better than he actually was. This loss is a big loss but it is not the end of the world. Another thing regarding his coverage skills or lack there of, it is not a shoe in that the kid would have improved. For one he obviously had an attitude problem, and who is to say he would have just gotten better? Kid looked great as a RS Freshman because he played with heart and like I said had beast like athleticism which made it easy to overlook some of his deficiencies, but if he didnt get his **** together he was never gonna improve anyway. Guess what, he did not get his **** together and now instead of playing for a BCS school he is going Juco. It sucks because we do need this kid but lets not ignore the fact that the kid did not seem to take instruction very well.

Advertisement
I know u can say Golden has failed at DT recruiting. But finding LB he can do not worried about LB here. Figs Grace Blue Kirby will step up we will be fine. Glad this dude is gone...

I know what thing u can say Golden has failed at DT recruiting. But finding LB he can do not worried about LB here. Figs Grace Blue Kirby will step up we will be fine. Glad this dude is gone...

We don't know if Golden has failed at DT recruiting. Porter was our only upperclassman DT that was left. Golden has turned Luther Robinson into a solid contributor on D. Olden Pierre was beasting end of season and looks to be on his way to a breakout season this year.

Then we have the babies that need some growing and reps...Ivery, Briscoe, King (i like his hustle), Kamalu(SP?), etc.....

But the man ***king made Luther Robinson into something. LUTHER ROBINSON!!! The same Luther Robinson that couldnt do 1 pull up before he got here. The same Luther Robinson that failed EVERY conditioning test before he got here. Now L Rob is forcing fumbles and ****.

And don't get me started on Olsen Pierre. You all facepalmed when you heard a Temple recruit was following Golden here.

Y'all some sissies

Sucks, but this kid couldn't get his **** together. You can only give a kid so many chances before you have to cut them loose, happens at every school. Unfortunately, our we currently aren't in a position to lose a quality player like this, it hurts.

Advertisement
Those downplaying EJ need to STFU

Losing him is like losing out on a 5 star caliber LB. Kid was All ACC newcomer. Was only going to get better. Was only a redshirt Freshman.

Regardless......Golden found this diamond in a pile of ****. I trust Golden more than any coach of a team I've rooted for ever

Agreed. EJ is a big loss but Al seems to be great at finding hidden talent. Figs...Pierre etc. Hopefully Bond. And in any event there is no one to blame for this but EJ himself.

The goon gonna goon act wears thin after awhile...especially after being given so many chances to be something other than a*colossal douche.

144.gif

Well this sucks, especially after losing out on Matthew Thomas. We are thin at linebacker. Thin.

Advertisement
4 pages? He is gone. Nothing is bringing him back. He had great potential, a little raw; but none of that matters now, and discussing it doesn't make it better or change anything. Let it go. Let him go and do whatever he is going to do. Let's all move on. Ain't gotta choice, brahs.

Well this sucks, especially after losing out on Matthew Thomas. We are thin at linebacker. Thin.

OLB 36 Alex Figueroa | 6-3, 231, FR
17 Tyriq McCord | 6-3, 236, SO

OLB 52 Denzel Perryman | 6-0, 236, JR
31 Tyrone Cornileus | 6-2, 215, SR

MLB 56 Raphael Kirby | 6-0, 230, SO
59 James Gaines | 6-3, 235, SR

Other backups/ mainly ST players

34 Thurston Armbrister
54 JaWand Blue
58 Gabe Terry

Before last season, nobody didn't expect Eddie Johnson to be an All Conference performer.

Kids has 3 years of eligibility left and will be draft eligible after this season. Who knows what is going to happen. We certainly could of used him even though he is a knuckle head

Keep eddie johnson and fire Andreu Swasey.... LOL!

Advertisement

Not too many LBs are worth a **** in this spot.

Kid probably would have been better in coverage this season if he had applied himself.

If. Hope he gets his **** together. Loved watching him hit. He and DP really had me jacked up about our LBs as a unit for the first time in a while. Just violent.

Good. Golden would start to look like a fool giving this man umpteen chances. Who would respect a coach who lets a player practice his own brand of anarchy? You don't win with these kinds of players.

Advertisement
Back