Eddie Goldman

Advertisement
Sounds like it was just Jethro

"Jethro Franklin visited with Goldman yesterday but UM visit not sure thing yet ... they should know by end of weekend if Goldman decides to take Cane visit. If he does you never know what might happen, but a longshot at this point"

December 2, 2011

Washington (D.C.) Friendship Collegiate Academy defensive tackle Eddie Goldman is now the nation's No. 2 prospect after the latest Rivals.com rankings release and the attention from the media as well as from coaches is becoming extreme. This week Goldman met with coaches from Auburn, Florida State, Alabama and Miami. Here's the latest on the five-star.

Goldman met with four schools this week.
"I met with coach Thigpen from Auburn on Tuesday and he just went over how I liked the visit there and talked to my parents and my coach about how I'd fit in," Goldman said. "I really liked the visit down there so that hasn't changed."

Next up was Florida State.

"I spoke to coach Haggins Wednesday and he said how they want to do it the right way and build the team from the defense. He wants me to be a part of what they are building there and be part of a great defensive line," Goldman said. "He said I could play early depending on how I perform and didn't promise me anything which I like. I don't want promises."

Alabama came in after Florida State.

"Coach Sunseri was just re-capping what I liked about Alabama when I was down there, how I could impact the line and things like that," he said. "He's another coach I feel comfortable with."

Finally, Miami came in Thursday night and tried to get Goldman to take his next official to Coral Gables.

"Coach Franklin came in and he wanted me to take my official visit next weekend, December 9, but I'm not sure yet," he said. "I like Miami but I am not sure of my next visit yet. It will be either Miami, Cal or Clemson and I should know that soon."

Goldman recently named his top three as Alabama, Auburn and Florida State in no order, but that's because those are the three schools he's seen.

"I've taken three visits and those are the schools I feel most comfortable with of course," he said. "I still want to take two more and compare all of them."

Goldman wasn't sure when Clemson or Cal were coming in to visit.

Advertisement
Wow, there is some serious over the salary cap spending teams in this race.... Bama, Auburn, Florida State and Clemson.

Al Golden:

2.jpg

Its clear to me now that Miami isn't going to win recruiting battles for these oos five star types due to lack of deep pockets. Its all gonna come down to securing the best of the local talent and evaluating (and hitting) on overlooked oos guys that we can actually get.

Advertisement
Its clear to me now that Miami isn't going to win recruiting battles for these oos five star types due to lack of deep pockets. Its all gonna come down to securing the best of the local talent and evaluating (and hitting) on overlooked oos guys that we can actually get.

Bull. Miami wasn't paying when we landed DJ Williams, Ken Dorsey, Craig Cooper,Kellen Winslow and others. Some of the 4-5 star busts from out of state include Kyle Wright, Ryhan Anderson, Aikeem Jolla, Leon Williams, and Reggie Youngblood.

All of the above mentioned were highly ranked out of state prospects that chose UM with no cash cow(that we know of).
Each time we miss out on a top recruit, all the gurus here claim it's $$$$ related.

Bull. Miami wasn't paying when we landed DJ Williams, Ken Dorsey, Craig Cooper,Kellen Winslow and others. Some of the 4-5 star busts from out of state include Kyle Wright, Ryhan Anderson, Aikeem Jolla, Leon Williams, and Reggie Youngblood.

All of the above mentioned were highly ranked out of state prospects that chose UM with no cash cow(that we know of).
Each time we miss out on a top recruit, all the gurus here claim it's $$$$ related.

Dorsey: Not a 5 star
Cooper: Not a 5 star
Winslow: Rich kid

Not getting into the busts, that may be why no one paid them.

Edit: Not saying that we are not getting Goldman types because we aren't paying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We probably wont get him but who knows. If we dont though, I dont care if he goes anywhere else but FSU. Sick of those ****.

Advertisement
Back