Eddie Goldman

Advertisement
I would like to have either one of those guys. Agree that you can find WRs in Florida fairly easily, but this kid has made kids from everywhere look silly. Let's not kid ourselves and rationalize why not having him is a good thing or say things like "pass". The bottom line is he is a **** good football player. We'd be better off having him. It's not the end of the world if we don't get him, but it's not a positive.

With regards to Goldman, I'd agree with Larry that this guy is probably going to visit and then bury us a week later. That being said, I'm curious to see what Golden has up his sleeve for him. Interestingly, Miami has a history of landing these sorts of star recruits over the years.

Some of you here can likely help me, but even with a grand total of seven weeks to recruit last season, hire coaches, move, and get this thing going, didn't Golden go after some that had already committed elsewhere?

Not that I'm a suspicious kind of person, but I'd be willing to bet that some kids who are already committed elsewhere will likewise be contacted, pitched, and try to get them to just come for a visit. We may just pick off another or two that aren't even on OUR radar.

Just saying.

I was checking him out in rivals. Says he has medium interest in us. Is that true? Do we even have a shot with this kid?

Would be nice...

Advertisement
we are not out. its a longshot, but he is visiting and his listed top 3 are the only 3 schools hes visited so far. he has not eliminated us

Goldman is a waste of time. This is the type of kid Coker would chase, then have no back-up and have to sign Luqman Abdullah the next year after failing again.

You chase Goldman if you are getting a visit from the kid...but you gotta make sure you got a few players in your back pocket, preferably committed before signing day...you take Goldman as the icing on the cake to a class, because you can't be the silly school that puts your eggs in one basket.

We were that silly school for WAAAAAY too many kids...

Advertisement
You chase Goldman if you are getting a visit from the kid...but you gotta make sure you got a few players in your back pocket, preferably committed before signing day...you take Goldman as the icing on the cake to a class, because you can't be the silly school that puts your eggs in one basket.

I wouldn't even chase him. Not worth it. He's not coming here.

I know he's not coming, but if you get the visit, it was worth it, IMO. But you don't do it while having no backups or other plan A/B kids already in the mix.

I know he's not coming, but if you get the visit, it was worth it, IMO. But you don't do it while having no backups or other plan A/B kids already in the mix.

Free trip.

Save it for someone who is not interested in fsu.

rivalsmike Mike Farrell
Eddie Goldman hosted #FSU yesterday, #Alabama today and #Miami is in home tonight. Could set the trip to Canes soon.
7 minutes ago

Advertisement
Read this over on another site. Definitely interesting if true as we have a lot of ground to make up for him.

Not a rumor. Confirmed by Mama Goldman

Bama and FSU have already visited and they brought gifts

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back