Ed Reed's National Signing Day Presser

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Pumped he’s here but it sounds like he’ll pop in every once and while instead of a full time COS

Ed reed is my favorite cane ever, however I just dont see him doing this for long. Not exactly sure what his job is but seems like this is kind of a part time gig.
I was saying the same thing. He is probably going to quit after a few years because he will realize that retirement is a better lifestyle

Advertisement
If by part time he means he’s here everyday for spring practice then we see him a few days in June then a few more in July and from August on he’s there almost everyday except say Sunday and Friday what’s wrong with that?

Advertisement
I hope we replace Patke with him, make Banda the OLB/Strikers coach & Reed the Safeties/Special Teams coach...

He would absolutely set the recruiting trail on fire landing prospects left & right.
He’s not there yet but I think Ed Reed will make a heck of a DC in a few years, if he wants to go that route. He understands offenses and how to mess with them better than anyone.

I don't want Ed Reed to track how many bench presses all the DBs do. I don't want ED Reed to pop into class and see if players are there. I don't want Ed Reed to write out the defensive play sheet for any game. I want Ed Reed to tell recruits and young players that to succeed they have to commit to excellence, that they have to work harder than the guy on FSU's and Clemson's campus. That they have have to work twice as hard as the guy above and below them on the depth chart. I want him to teach them to take pride in their improvement and to understand that a party is one night but game tape is for life. I want Ed F'n Reed to be the same guy he has always been, a world class leader and winner.

Advertisement
The best interview I have ever seen from a guy who knows what the culture should be, knows what isn't right now, and **** sure knows how to fix it. This man has accomplished so much in his life, he doesn't need to do this but he is obviously committed to doing everything it takes to get the job done. If you can't commit to Ed Reed you don't deserve to be a Cane. Well said Ed. God Bless You.

Ed Reed isn’t putting his name on something to give it a half *** effort.
He takes his role as a father very seriously but you can see this is important to him.
It's not about effort friend. It is about job description and what powers it is given. This is not the coaching job he is coveting and his position has no power at Miami. I bet if he saw his advice is not taken seriously and he finds a real coaching job he will move on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back