Ed Reed's National Signing Day Presser

Advertisement
Reality check. His role is to "advise" the HC. He has no executive power. That what Zo wanted and that's why he is not here.

I mean Zo was never going to come here without it being a GM like role. There isn’t a single role like that in CFB other than the AD and was unrealistic to begin with to expect or want that. No coach will accept giving someone else control of his program.

I expected this to be full time role not just having him stop in whenever he feels like it. Having an open door with the players, helping evaluations and game planning won’t get the full impact when your only part time

This will create a ton of hate mail...I get it...

BUT...

I watched his presser and here is what stood out:
1) He is passionate about helping a younger generation
2) He is passionate about helping Miami Hurricanes football
3) His role is still very ill defined and/or he wasn't able to articulate it very well

He has great POTENTIAL to add to our Canes, and with time, maybe integrate more on the formal coaching side than he is allowed to now.

Here is to a brighter future for our Hurricanes and whatever meaningful contributions he can bring.

Advertisement
Ed Reed can accomplish more working part time than most guys can accomplish working 80 hours a week.

Take off them cane legend goggles and let’s talk real life. That part in his presser threw me all the way off. How you gonna do the job manny explained if he’s going to be here when he can. That’s nonsense!

Take off them cane legend goggles and let’s talk real life. That part in his presser threw me all the way off. How you gonna do the job manny explained if he’s going to be here when he can. That’s nonsense!

That depends on the job manny wants done. Seemed pretty clear that ERs role will be that of a mentor, setting the tone of the program. Teaching the kids what they need to do and how they need to act.

Also, recruiting in whatever capacity he’s allowed. On the phone and on campus. Etc.

Advertisement
That depends on the job manny wants done. Seemed pretty clear that ERs role will be that of a mentor, setting the tone of the program. Teaching the kids what they need to do and how they need to act.

Also, recruiting in whatever capacity he’s allowed. On the phone and on campus. Etc.
Ed Cane needs a coaching position so he can recruit. Can you imagine Ed sitting down at the kitchen table of some recruit and talking to the parents like he did during the presser? ER20 would kill it, parents would eat it up.

Either do the job or don't do the job. All a part-timer does.is part-time work. I know this isn't gonna go over well.

Um....um....

that rarely goes well in high performing organizations.
Sure, but back to the context here... are you therefore implying that bringing Ed in even on a limited capacity will somehow end up being a net negative for this 2020 team? I'm not sure how else to read your post.

Advertisement
Either do the job or don't do the job. All a part-timer does.is part-time work. I know this isn't gonna go over well.
Doesn’t sound like he needs to be working full time to do the job manny wants. He’s just an advisor and mentor, a consultant. Consultants don’t generally work fulltime with clients.

Theres really no downside to this, but expectations by us need to be managed.

Doesn’t sound like he needs to be working full time to do the job manny wants. He’s just an advisor and mentor, a consultant. Consultants don’t generally work fulltime with clients.

Theres really no downside to this, but expectations by us need to be managed.
Exactly. Ed Reed was never coming here to grind out 7am to 7pm every work day throughout the year. He has a lot of other things going on in his life. The hope is that his presence (in whatever capacity that may be, which will obviously be a whole lot more as COS than it was as just a former player) will have an influence on the kids and the program. I would say we already have a tangible piece of evidence of that with the Tae signing yesterday.

This is a good thing, folks. And if you're angry he won't be on campus full time, then you misunderstood what this was from the beginning.

Somebody gets it. If the COS was named John Doe and he said he’ll be here when he can people would be losing their collective minds.

Ed Reed talks about commitment and he himself can’t fully commit.

What the **** is the point?

Advertisement
Somebody gets it. If the COS was named John Doe and he said he’ll be here when he can people would be losing their collective minds.

Ed Reed talks about commitment and he himself can’t fully commit.

What the **** is the point?
How many hours or days a week does it take to be "fully committed"?

Exactly. Ed Reed was never coming here to grind out 7am to 7pm every work day throughout the year. He has a lot of other things going on in his life. The hope is that his presence (in whatever capacity that may be, which will obviously be a whole lot more as COS than it was as just a former player) will have an influence on the kids and the program. I would say we already have a tangible piece of evidence of that with the Tae signing yesterday.

This is a good thing, folks. And if you're angry he won't be on campus full time, then you misunderstood what this was from the beginning.
Also, he doesn’t have to be in Miami to call recruits and evaluate film.... which I think are two things he mentioned doing.

Advertisement
Back