Ed Reed's National Signing Day Presser

10A12C21-0A58-47FD-A398-DB292CF846F2.jpeg
10A12C21-0A58-47FD-A398-DB292CF846F2.jpeg

Advertisement
We created this position. No other programs have a Chief of Staff. While it appears there was talk of a true one with powers above those already in place back when Highsmith was in the conversation (though I personally don't think there was ever a point in time where that had any realistic chance of happening; was simply the idea of some understandably frustrated BOT members, IMO), there was never a point in time where Ed was brought in to be that.

His role is what it is. And it's downright bizarre to me how there could be this much negativity in this thread about it. I've yet to think of A SINGLE way where bringing Ed Reed on as COS for Miami is a bad thing for this team right now.
no one is saying its a negative move; it was the hype that was built around such a hire that had ppl throwing their 2cents in what exactly the job would entail. Now that we're hearing from Ed and getting a more understanding of the role, it wasn't as advertised. I myself would love to see Ed as our safeties coach; hands-on, grinding, counseling, mentoring, crootin, and orchestrating a frightful backend. Banda to Linebacker coach, Patke out and we're on our way on that side unless Ray, Vilma, or DJ want in

no one is saying its a negative move; it was the hype that was built around such a hire that had ppl throwing their 2cents in what exactly the job would entail. Now that we're hearing from Ed and getting a more understanding of the role, it wasn't as advertised. I myself would love to see Ed as our safeties coach; hands-on, grinding, counseling, mentoring, crootin, and orchestrating a frightful backend. Banda to Linebacker coach, Patke out and we're on our way on that side unless Ray, Vilma, or DJ want in
Well said.

I would say like most jobs 40+ hours a week.

What a stupid ****** question.

Are other schools COS working PT?

I guess my question was above your IQ level.

The question was more of a quality than quantity issue. To think that because he is not there 24/7/365 he is not fully committed really shows what a mouthbreathing Wal-Mart greeter you are.

Advertisement
I don't want Ed Reed to track how many bench presses all the DBs do. I don't want ED Reed to pop into class and see if players are there. I don't want Ed Reed to write out the defensive play sheet for any game. I want Ed Reed to tell recruits and young players that to succeed they have to commit to excellence, that they have to work harder than the guy on FSU's and Clemson's campus. That they have have to work twice as hard as the guy above and below them on the depth chart. I want him to teach them to take pride in their improvement and to understand that a party is one night but game tape is for life. I want Ed F'n Reed to be the same guy he has always been, a world class leader and winner.
Ed is not about minutiae, everyday nonsense.
He is all about using time to devote to the players and Coaches who need advice, and to give purpose to the program by stressing the "culture" that needs to be built.

He knows.............he has been there..........and he can take us there, if we are open and honest about our direction.

No foolishness around him, no sniping, backbiting, and stupidity........just guys who want to be there, and accept what he can offer....

I hope that he will be involved in talent evaluation to some extent. I'm guessing that he will - it seems like an obvious area in which he can make a contribution.

Advertisement
You’ve never had a boss who’s not grinding as hard as you try and come tell you something?

How did you take what they were saying?
This is one of the worst swings and misses I've ever seen. If I worked for a company selling vacuums and my loser boss didn't do squat while I grinded my *** off, yeah, I wouldn't like it. (Though, side note, I'd accept it and try and improve my lot in life, as that's just the way our world works). But we aren't talking about a loser vacuum salesman boss. We're talking about quite possibly the greatest player to ever play the position, who is in the hall of fame at every level he played football. If any kid received Ed Reed poorly because he wasn't on campus as much as them, to be honest with you, I'd want them off the team immediately.

This is one of the worst swings and misses I've ever seen. If I worked for a company selling vacuums and my loser boss didn't do squat while I grinded my *** off, yeah, I wouldn't like it. (Though, side note, I'd accept it and try and improve my lot in life, as that's just the way our world works). But we aren't talking about a loser vacuum salesman boss. We're talking about quite possibly the greatest player to ever play the position, who is in the hall of fame at every level he played football. If any kid received Ed Reed poorly because he wasn't on campus as much as them, to be honest with you, I'd want them off the team immediately.

I work with kids and just because you respect a person doesn’t mean they will. I hope it all works out. Just from that presser yesterday left me with more questions than actual answers 🤷🏾‍♂️

I work with kids and just because you respect a person doesn’t mean they will. I hope it all works out. Just from that presser yesterday left me with more questions than actual answers 🤷🏾‍♂️
Fair enough. Like was mentioned above, I think a lot of the angst was fueled simply by the fact people had in their minds a role for Ed which was never the role he and the school discussed.

Advertisement
I guess my question was above your IQ level.

The question was more of a quality than quantity issue. To think that because he is not there 24/7/365 he is not fully committed really shows what a mouthbreathing Wal-Mart greeter you are.

"mouthbreathing Wal-Mart greeter"

Classic...

Advertisement
It is not the hours put in the office grinding.
It is the game plan and blueprint that is the most important feature contributed, and for Ed re-develop our "culture".

Why should Ed be sitting at the Hecht and Greentree when he could be in Maryland, La., or Georgia making phone calls, contacting our Coaches, and advising at 11:00 p.m at night if needed?. What advantage is there for sitting in an office in the Gables?..

You guys do not realize that it is not the 40 hours put in, but rather working the game plan that Ed has in place.
To be parochial about time spent in his position, is like a small box Mom and Pop planning, compared to Target's game plan for growth.
It can be done from anywhere in the world.

So it sounds as if Reed is only going to be on campus at certain times of the year? Am I hearing that right? When asked about his schedule he said he was still going to be doing things with his kid who lives in Georgia.

Advertisement
Back