Ed Reed

Well Richt shouldn't let a DC walk all over him. But, this isn't the first time Pruitt has had coach to coach problems. Pretty sure he had problems with Kirby Smart when he was at Alabama.

Also that isn't good about what is being said about Richt-Pruitt. A DC who has basically won a championship everywhere he's been goes went to Richt's team and see no plan and complacency. Take it how you want, but to me, it a red flag when a DC who has been on dominant FSU and Alabama teams then comes to your team and sees no resemblance of a championship program.
He was on DOMINANT FSU and bama teams. There you have it. Only was at uga for 2 years and in both of the years uga had major injuries to Todd Gurley(also NCAA issue) and others. Don’t really care, richt is a nice guy either way and it’s not like he hasn’t been on multiple championship teams either In his career

Advertisement
What we need is a DB from our 2001 squad to coach our players! Right? ...Oh wait...Mike Rumph.

Look, just because someone was on the team in 2001 doesn't mean they will perform better.

Mike Rumph is one of the best cb coaches in cfb. Ed Reed would be the same as a safety coach and all around master of the game. Kids would love to be coached by him pretty clueless to be against it if the opportunity presented itself

Mike Rumph is one of the best cb coaches in cfb. Ed Reed would be the same as a safety coach and all around master of the game. Kids would love to be coached by him pretty clueless to be against it if the opportunity presented itself
Rumph has to have a few more years under his belt and more on his resume to be considered that. As of now he is a good coach that has two years under his belt coaching at this level

Last edited:
Rumph has to have a few more years under his belt and more on his resume to be consider that. As of now he is a good coach that has two years under his belt coaching at this level
I disagree with Rumph. He is a massive recruiting liability, mediocre talent evaluator...see Dean, Delaney, and Colbert (better at Safety) and overrated at developing talent. This year is the be all tell all for him. Hopefully he goes all Dugans on us, but I just don't see it. They hired DVD for crying out loud. Actions speak louder than words.
Ed would be awesome as a coach. His passion, work ethic, and preparation were second to none for a safety. All at a HOF NFL level. He would be immediately welcomed in any families house recruiting wise with a red carpet. It comes down to him willing to be a team player and having the drive to coach. It would be insane not to hire him on staff if he wants in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It sucks losing Young, but Rumph has a nice little crop of CBs to work with. We no what we are going to get with MJ and Bandy. Let’s see what Rumph gets out of Dean and new cats

I disagree with Rumph. He is a massive recruiting liability, mediocre talent evaluator...see Dean, Delaney, and Colbert (better at Safety) and overrated at developing talent. This year is the be all tell all for him. Hopefully he goes all Dugans on us, but I just don't see it. They hired DVD for crying out loud. Actions speak louder than words.
Ed would be awesome as a coach. His passion, work ethic, and preparation were second to none for a safety. All at a HOF NFL level. He would be immediately welcomed in any families house recruiting wise with a red carpet. It comes down to him willing to be a team player and having the drive to coach. It would be insane not to hire him on staff if he wants in.

Well then consider the staff insane because he was there waiting just like Dorsey and neither got the call.

I blame Blake James for not outbidding LSU for Corey Raymond and Dave Aranda which left us with fired Texas/subpar MSU DC in manny and A HS coach turned DB coach that only take NO for an answer

Advertisement
I blame Blake James for not outbidding LSU for Corey Raymond and Dave Aranda which left us with fired Texas/subpar MSU DC in manny and A HS coach turned DB coach that only take NO for an answer
Manny and Aranda are very close anf considering he's a ride or die Miami guy you take him first. Ill agree with Raymond but idk if he wants to leave LS **** i wouldn't and Rumph is a **** good coach which nobody wants to say

Advertisement

Stroke a huge check to UM athletics. Make it so the check must be allocated to football coaching staff. Problem solved.

Some of you are severely overestimating "star power" and the effect it would have on UM recruiting.

It's not that simple or else staffs would be throwing gigantic amounts of money at big names for one of their staff positions.

Ed Reed is one of the GOAT safeties, college and pro. How many players of his profile are notable in the coaching ranks?

He may very well end up an elite coach, but let's not kid ourselves that he's without risk, too.

LOL at the clown who said Rumph is the best CFB CB coach in the country! This guy blew it on probably the greatest CB class that will ever happen anywhere and will probably never be repeated (Surtain, Campbell, Samuel, and Jobe). He's beyond lucky he was able to somewhat save face by signing Al Blades son, Frank Gores cousin and the fact that DJ Ivey did not blow up late in the cycle last year. As another poster said above, his success has been spotted as well on the field. For every Michael Jackson, there is a Delany & Dean .

Advertisement
The great players don't make great coaches is valid, usually. But you're not going to convince me that holds true in Reed's case.

LOL at the clown who said Rumph is the best CFB CB coach in the country! This guy blew it on probably the greatest CB class that will ever happen anywhere and will probably never be repeated (Surtain, Campbell, Samuel, and Jobe). He's beyond lucky he was able to somewhat save face by signing Al Blades son, Frank Gores cousin and the fact that DJ Ivey did not blow up late in the cycle last year. As another poster said above, his success has been spotted as well on the field. For every Michael Jackson, there is a Delany & Dean .

Once again this coaching staff is riddled with JAG coaches and Rumph's bootlickin' supporters keep slurpin' without even taking one breath

lol yall always talk about Corey Raymond bc yall dont know any other names?? Is he the only cb coach that's capable of teaching someone how to play cb?
How many ppl did he recruit has he missed on?... he didn't get Tyson or Surtain?? what's the difference besides he's been around longer?

Mike Rumph is one of the best cb coaches in the country the shxt aint rocket science

lol yall always talk about Corey Raymond bc yall dont know any other names?? Is he the only cb coach that's capable of teaching someone how to play cb?
How many ppl did he recruit has he missed on?... he didn't get Tyson or Surtain?? what's the difference besides he's been around longer?

Mike Rumph is one of the best cb coaches in the country the shxt aint rocket science
Anyone who thinks Rumph is a terrible DB coach has no idea about DB coaches...

Advertisement
Back