Ed Reed

Other than TC, who was “the guy” that rumph missed on last cycle? Surtain was absolutely never coming here. I know he lacking this cycle but who else did he miss that we had a shot with? I dig what you saying about assistants. I don’t defend Banda just because Johnson was always gonna be a great player imo. Redwine... yea I’m not sold on Banda. I’m not some rumph defender but I did defend him in a recent post. To me, he is a good coach of the position but as a recruiter, I’m not so sure he is a bust, for lack of better words, just yet.

Nuh uh; DSJ said Surtain II was a lock! Rumph had to have messed that up. #westillbelievedsj!

Advertisement
Idiotic post, of course it would seem like he has more “misses” than other positions because of the sheer volume of cb prospects south Florida produces, he got his fair share of wins too now

Read the part in bold a few times. Then ask yourself why....we had guys recently having to come off of Texas scrap heap..as well as THE CITADEL. Also adding on guys like Jhavonte Dean having to be brought in from juco to this roster. Do you know how easy it is to recruit and evaluate a cb in south florida?. lol..That CB COACH spot is suppose to be a recruiting coaching spot. Thats where big dog programs throw their bag handlers and recruiters.

Read the part in bold a few times. Then ask yourself why....we had guys recently having to come off of Texas scrap heap..as well as THE CITADEL. Also adding on guys like Jhavonte Dean having to be brought in from juco to this roster. Do you know how easy it is to recruit and evaluate a cb in south florida?. lol..That CB COACH spot is suppose to be a recruiting coaching spot. Thats where big dog programs throw their bag handlers and recruiters.
Bandy played more snaps than Delaney last season and dean. At best those guys were 4th and 5th string for the much of the season quit overreacting

Advertisement
We have yet to bring in a grad transfer safety. Proved...Next question?
That literally did not prove a single thing.
We were setup with safeties before the new staff even got here, with Rayshawn Jenkins and Jamal Carter, and Jaquan Johnson. So what the **** are you talking about? And the other safety that started last year was moved from Corner by this staff!

The reason you're not going to answer the question is because you're full of **** acting like Rumph has missed all these DBs and Banda hasn't, when Banda's ENTIRE ******* JOB IS TO RECRUIT. Rumph's main priority is Coaching.

How many starters that weren't already on the team when he got here has Rumph coached at CB?

- Trajan Bandy, Adrian Colbert, Malek Young, and even Dee Delaney for a couple games....and about to be one more with either Dean or one of the incoming freshman.

Same question but for Banda at Safety?

- NOBODY!

2016 CB: Malek Young (Starter), Adrian Colbert (Starter), .....Tyler Byrd miss (but not gunna fault them on missing a guy with like a month to recruit)
2016 S: Romeo Finley (Bad), Cedric Wright (Off Team), Jeff James (Off Team)....no real misses I can think of.

2017 CB: Trajan Bandy (Starter), Jhavontae Dean (TBD), Dee Delaney (Avg to Bad)...Cj Henderson miss (Rumph yelled at him and he didn't like it), Marco Wilson (not really a miss, we had no shot)
2017 S: Derrick Smith (Moving to LB), Amari Carter (Good backup currently)....Brian Edwards Miss (Banda REALLY wanted him), Shawn Davis miss

2018 CB: DJ Ivey, Gilbert Frierson, Al Blades, Nigel Bethel....Tyson Campbell miss (plain miss), PS2 miss (Never really had a shot)
2018 S: Gurvan Hall.....Josh Jobe miss (took bags, but Banda was all over him calling him sean taylor), Randy Russell (kinda a miss, Banda wanted him )

2019 CB: Jarvis Brownlee, Tecorey Couch....Misses so far: Akeem Dent (probably no chance), Kaiir Elam (why the **** haven't we been prioritizing him?),
2019 S: Keontra Smith.....misses so far: Tyrique Stevenson (still a great chance. I thin he comes here), Jordan Battle (Just straight up lost to tOSU. Hopefully we flip him)

Rumph >>>>>> Banda

What we need is a DB from our 2001 squad to coach our players! Right? ...Oh wait...Mike Rumph.

Look, just because someone was on the team in 2001 doesn't mean they will perform better.

We were setup with safeties before the new staff even got here, with Rayshawn Jenkins and Jamal Carter, and Jaquan Johnson. So what the **** are you talking about? And the other safety that started last year was moved from Corner by this staff!

The reason you're not going to answer the question is because you're full of **** acting like Rumph has missed all these DBs and Banda hasn't, when Banda's ENTIRE ******* JOB IS TO RECRUIT. Rumph's main priority is Coaching.

^^^^ Who comes up with this stuff?. Im not going to do too much back n forth about it, as it seems alot of yall have dug your foot in the ground and just wont admit the obvious. The fact still remains if the above is your opinion..we have 2 db coaches that dont equal to 1.

Both are green and young as college coaches, both will get better...and just simple mathematics and location we will end up with a solid base for defensive backs. The question will be how long will the staff allow the elite ones to leave the area?.

Advertisement
^^^^ Who comes up with this stuff?. Im not going to do too much back n forth about it, as it seems alot of yall have dug your foot in the ground and just wont admit the obvious. The fact still remains if the above is your opinion..we have 2 db coaches that dont equal to 1.

Both are green and young as college coaches, both will get better...and just simple mathematics and location we will end up with a solid base for defensive backs. The question will be how long will the staff allow the elite ones to leave the area?.
you have yet to show ANY reason why Banda has been better in his role than Rumph has. Literally the only thing you've said is that Rumph has had transfer at CB....as if that proves something

Richt hired who he has connections with haven’t you followed his tenure at uga. The last time he went out and hired somebody he didn’t know like that ala jeremey Pruitt he tried to sabotage richt and cause issues within the program. Schottyheimer was another bad hire late in his uga tenure that richt didn’t like per say. As richt has stated you can’t put a premium on working around people that you get a long well with in which he does. Hartley has proven to be an elite recruiter who worked at uga as the recruiting coordinator with richt, dugans was recruited and coached by richt, same with Thomas brown who was on his uga staff. Searels has coached for richt for a number of years. Richt is close to Simpson from the Georgia ties and recruiting the Buford program. Richt is very familiar with coach rumph from recruiting heritage, Banda and Patel both worked under Diaz at Mississippi state. So as you can see all of these guys had personal connections with richt and Diaz(on the linebacker and safety hires).

Another note remember how before richt left uga Brian burns had uga leading richt was his favorite coach? Yet when he came to Miami burns still didn’t have much interest even with rumph coming here as well? That just goes to show you no matter what some kids just don’t want to play for Miami period

Aaron Murray yesterday about Pruitt.

781F7FE3-CB60-4119-8011-12462E3514B3.jpeg
:censored:

How many starters that weren't already on the team when he got here has Rumph coached at CB?

- Trajan Bandy, Adrian Colbert, Malek Young, and even Dee Delaney for a couple games....and about to be one more with either Dean or one of the incoming freshman.

Same question but for Banda at Safety?

- NOBODY!

2016 CB: Malek Young (Starter), Adrian Colbert (Starter), .....Tyler Byrd miss (but not gunna fault them on missing a guy with like a month to recruit)
2016 S: Romeo Finley (Bad), Cedric Wright (Off Team), Jeff James (Off Team)....no real misses I can think of.

2017 CB: Trajan Bandy (Starter), Jhavontae Dean (TBD), Dee Delaney (Avg to Bad)...Cj Henderson miss (Rumph yelled at him and he didn't like it), Marco Wilson (not really a miss, we had no shot)
2017 S: Derrick Smith (Moving to LB), Amari Carter (Good backup currently)....Brian Edwards Miss (Banda REALLY wanted him), Shawn Davis miss

2018 CB: DJ Ivey, Gilbert Frierson, Al Blades, Nigel Bethel....Tyson Campbell miss (plain miss), PS2 miss (Never really had a shot)
2018 S: Gurvan Hall.....Josh Jobe miss (took bags, but Banda was all over him calling him sean taylor), Randy Russell (kinda a miss, Banda wanted him )

2019 CB: Jarvis Brownlee, Tecorey Couch....Misses so far: Akeem Dent (probably no chance), Kaiir Elam (why the **** haven't we been prioritizing him?),
2019 S: Keontra Smith.....misses so far: Tyrique Stevenson (still a great chance. I thin he comes here), Jordan Battle (Just straight up lost to tOSU. Hopefully we flip him)

Rumph >>>>>> Banda
Yeah but I don't see Ed Reed missing on that many elite kids.. Misses this year time to up grade if we have a chance

We have the money don’t be fooled. And with the ACC network deal coming in next year. We will definitely have the funds.

But at the same token as a HC you have to work with what you got. If MIAMI doesn’t have A decent pool of cash for assistants (hypothetical) then we need to find up an coming guys with a a little bit of a track record.

Ok. St HC Gundy hires dudes that people never heard about.

Pruitt was a HS seconday coach like 6 years ago.

There are good coaches out there. Just have to find them.

We need to find guys like Curtis Johnson, Solly, Stoops. We’ve have young coaches before but they could flat out coach and recruit.

We seem to settle on guys like Rumph, Banda, JR. Patake. All of whom who can’t really do both at all.

I could of lived with Rumph and Banda, but the Patake hire was mind numbing. I hope Patke is enjoying this ride bc this the best job he will ever get. He’s an intern at any other big school. We blew our opportunity to hire someone that could of been a difference maker.
You need to put down your crack pipe if you seriously think Rumph can’t coach. That’s absolute lunacy...

Advertisement
Something to keep in mind. If schools are coming after your assistants.... you have quality assistants.

Kool was/ is a known commodity.

Dugans has been rumored to be offered 2
jobs since hers been here.

TB: while I don’t know if he’s had offers.. in do know he is paid top of the line. Might be the highest paid RB coach in NCAA.

Searels got offered the AUB job.

What teams are coming after guys like Rumph, Banda, JR? If Rumph could recruit... the dude could be on any team in America. He’d be Corey Raymond’s clone. **** no one even want to go after Diaz either.

People need to recognize that we have a very subpar staff. No one wants to admit it.
“No one even wants to go after Diaz either” except he was on the Miss St. short list for the head coaching job...

Last edited:
when Banda's ENTIRE ******* JOB IS TO RECRUIT. Rumph's main priority is Coaching.

LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

You know...coaching up here in Tampa...I really wish they'd focus up here more bc I had a kid that's going to Penn State who would've went to UM for sure but we would rather take a south florida kid.

Trust me..I get it being from South Florida and I'm not mad at their formula/policy bc you'll likely be more right than wrong but DB's grow on trees in this entire state.

Advertisement
LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL
Don't respond unless you actually have something to back your statement up.
lol you've proven you're full of ****
later

Aaron Murray yesterday about Pruitt.

View attachment 61309:censored:

Well Richt shouldn't let a DC walk all over him. But, this isn't the first time Pruitt has had coach to coach problems. Pretty sure he had problems with Kirby Smart when he was at Alabama.

Also that isn't good about what is being said about Richt-Pruitt. A DC who has basically won a championship everywhere he's been goes went to Richt's team and see no plan and complacency. Take it how you want, but to me, it a red flag when a DC who has been on dominant FSU and Alabama teams then comes to your team and sees no resemblance of a championship program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back