Ed Reed

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
I'm sorry coach Banda and I like you but it's time for the GOAT to come home and coach. Your track record and resume is being used against you and we need someone who can overcome a lack of resume.

Losing Battle hurts big time because it proves Urban can still come to SFLA and still cherry pick who he wants.

Advertisement
untitled.webp

Advertisement
I'm sorry coach Banda and I like you but it's time for the GOAT to come home and coach. Your track record and resume is being used against you and we need someone who can overcome a lack of resume.

Losing Battle hurts big time because it proves Urban can still come to SFLA and still cherry pick who he wants.

How does hiring a coach with 0 NCAA experience, to replace someone citing "lack of track record and resume" make any sense.

Let me ask you, how do u feel about Rumph?

Advertisement

I fully agree about Banda. We gave one of the most prestigious positions in UM history to a guy that had zero on-field track record of success and this was his first job being able to coach his own guys at a position. It still baffles me.

This board has made him out to be this ace recruiter but I assure you it's only on this board.

Drew I get it. Nobody can comprehend film like Ed and his star power in recruiting will be off the charts. He got a year under his belt at Buffalo with Rex and he could join Stoops at UK this year.

I can't wait for him to get here but for now we're in good enough hands with banda and rumph

How does hiring a coach with 0 NCAA experience, to replace someone citing "lack of track record and resume" make any sense.

LOLOL at the semantics "Zero NCAA coaching experience" like his NFL coaching experience doesn't trump that.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

I fully agree about Banda. We gave one of the most prestigious positions in UM history to a guy that had zero on-field track record of success and this was his first job being able to coach his own guys at a position. It still baffles me.

This board has made him out to be this ace recruiter but I assure you it's only on this board.
I agree the board has defintiely made him to be an excellent recruiter but it’s just not the case as I’ve pointed out as well in other db threads. I will say his group overall since he’s been here has been pretty solid. Carter and Jenkins had good senior years, Jaquan was elite last year and redwine was pretty solid for most of the season.

Advertisement
LOLOL at the semantics "Zero NCAA coaching experience" like his NFL coaching experience doesn't trump that.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

The topic of conversation is recruiting. How does 1 year as an assistant DB coach for a NFL secondary equate worth ANYTHING to recruiting experience in the NCAA.

when youve been in the league 10 years youre coaching the rooks everyday

He coached Sean Taylor when they both played for the U, which is good enough for me. Still equates to 0 coaching experience in the NCAA, considering the topic of discussion is recruiting.

Advertisement
I agree the board has defintiely made him to be an excellent recruiter but it’s just not the case as I’ve pointed out as well in other db threads. I will say his group overall since he’s been here has been pretty solid. Carter and Jenkins had good senior years, Jaquan was elite last year and redwine was pretty solid for most of the season.

Agreed for the most part. Banda/Manny/whomever played Carter out of position by having him a FS. It was a dumb move. Jenk had been playing prettyy well his career here. I don't chalk them up to Banda.

What he's done with Redwine and Jaquan has been pretty **** good though. He seems to be a good coach in terms of teaching the position but once these guys start going to the NFL..it will help stop the negative recruiting against him.

I just loathe that we had to have growing pains with any position coach when Richt was given funds to hire the best.

Last edited:
Agreed for the most part. Banda/Manny/whomever played Carter out of position by having him a FS. It was a dumb move. Jenk had been playing prettyy well his career here. I don't chalk them up to Banda.

What he's done with Redwine and Jaquan has been pretty **** good though. He seems to be a good coach in terms of teaching the position but once these guys start going to the NFL..it will help stop the negative recruiting against him.

I just loathe that we have to have growing pains with any position coach when Richt was given funds to hire the best.
I think It’s exaggerated to some extent. Yeah we missed some but ain’t miss on all of them. This has been the Miami hurricane “fan” mindset since the golden era. The ones who don’t come here are elite but the ones who do come to Miami aren’t good enough. It’s quite shameful honestly especially with some of the dbs we brought in the last 2 classes.

You must be Banda's wife because your notion is pretty stupid.

You think Ed Reed can't recruit? Wouldn't be able to recruit kids to come play for him at his alma mater?
LMFAO!!!!!!

Log off Mrs Banda...

It’s just a common misconception that people feel that great nfl players usually can’t teach the principles like that or don’t translate to being good coaches. While that is the case sometimes it certainly wouldn’t apply to a guy like ed reed or ray Lewis who are the best 2 players at their respective positions the game has arguably ever seen.

Advertisement
Back