Ed Reed

He coached Sean Taylor when they both played for the U, which is good enough for me. Still equates to 0 coaching experience in the NCAA, considering the topic of discussion is recruiting.
These kids salivate over Ed Reed. I don't see them turning down a chance to play for him.

Advertisement
You must be Banda's wife because your notion is pretty stupid.

You think Ed Reed can't recruit? Wouldn't be able to recruit kids to come play for him at his alma mater?
LMFAO!!!!!!

Log off Mrs Banda...

You seem triggered. I never said Ed Reed couldn't coach or recruit.

I'm just pointing out the fact that he has no experience in the NCAA, so suggesting to bring him in to replace someone because "they have no track record or resume" doesn't make sense.

Agreed for the most part. Banda/Manny/whomever played Carter out of position by having him a FS. It was a dumb move. Jenk had been playing prettyy well his career here. I don't chalk them up to Banda.

What he's done with Redwine and Jaquan has been pretty **** good though. He seems to be a good coach in terms of teaching the position but once these guys start going to the NFL..it will help stop the negative recruiting against him.

I just loathe that we have to have growing pains with any position coach when Richt was given funds to hire the best.

It's just hilarious how misinformed posters are, because they only look at Miami sites.

The Ohio St recruiting writer who has been right on this posted last week that Ohio St's success with DBs meant nothing to Battle since Battle knows he's NFL bound wherever. He said it was going to come down to relationships. And the truth is Ohio St has prioritized Battle for a long time, while we were late.

Criticize Banda for not targeting Battle soon enough, but we didn't not get him because of the NFL. That's dumb, fake insider ****.

It's just hilarious how misinformed posters are, because they only look at Miami sites.

The Ohio St recruiting writer who has been right on this posted last week that Ohio St's success with DBs meant nothing to Battle since Battle knows he's NFL bound wherever. He said it was going to come down to relationships. And the truth is Ohio St has prioritized Battle for a long time, while we were late.

Criticize Banda for not targeting Battle soon enough, but we didn't not get him because of the NFL. That's dumb, fake insider ****.
Saw that too and agree but let’s be real it’s a bonus. Osu is definitely pumping out the most dbs right now

You seem triggered. I never said Ed Reed couldn't coach or recruit.

I'm just pointing out the fact that he has no experience in the NCAA, so suggesting to bring him in to replace someone because "they have no track record or resume" doesn't make sense.

Any criticism of Ed Reed and the job he could do here is crazy to me..that's just me.

Advertisement
Whether ya'll are right or wrong, is kind of hard to see what someone else would do recruiting wise here. You're comparing 10+ years of seriously horrible recruiting which might look like Banda is phenomenal at recruiting. It's just an effect that happens when you're mediocre for so long but it still doesn't mean Reed would come here and do a better job. It's really a risk you're taking but to become great you gotta take those risks.

ok

I'm sorry coach Banda and I like you but it's time for the GOAT to come home and coach. Your track record and resume is being used against you and we need someone who can overcome a lack of resume.

Losing Battle hurts big time because it proves Urban can still come to SFLA and still cherry pick who he wants.

Started happy hour early I see!!! Where’s the party? Lol

Getting tired of the "thanks to the UM coaching staff but Im gonna go to school X,Y,Z" routine

Advertisement
I'm sorry coach Banda and I like you but it's time for the GOAT to come home and coach. Your track record and resume is being used against you and we need someone who can overcome a lack of resume.

Losing Battle hurts big time because it proves Urban can still come to SFLA and still cherry pick who he wants.

I seem to remember Urban wanting Nesta pretty bad last year.

I guess, when Urban loses recruiting battles, it doesn't count. You've been really wanting to use that cherry pick line though

Getting tired of the "thanks to the UM coaching staff but Im gonna go to school X,Y,Z" routine

So we should just not recruit these kids?

Frierson, Silvera, Pope, etc were kids that would have gone to school XYZ if our coaching staff didnt recruit or stay on them hard.

Agreed for the most part. Banda/Manny/whomever played Carter out of position by having him a FS. It was a dumb move. Jenk had been playing prettyy well his career here. I don't chalk them up to Banda.

What he's done with Redwine and Jaquan has been pretty **** good though. He seems to be a good coach in terms of teaching the position but once these guys start going to the NFL..it will help stop the negative recruiting against him.

I just loathe that we had to have growing pains with any position coach when Richt was given funds to hire the best.

We don’t have the funds to hire top notch experience across the board. We as to make alsacrifices somewhere and it was with our secondary coaches. Miami coaches are sill being laid way less than most elite programs.

We don’t have the funds to hire top notch experience across the board. We as to make alsacrifices somewhere and it was with our secondary coaches. Miami coaches are sill being laid way less than most elite programs.
This isn’t factual
We ain’t paying 1 mil for a coordinator but Diaz is well paid and brown has a nice salary as well. Dugans is well paid and Just got a bonus, when coach kool was here he got paid a lot too

Advertisement
LOL at the wild reactionary bullshyt on here. As long as Diaz is here, his boy Banda will be here. Banda and Diaz are tied at the hip.

And double lol at the feeble argument for replacing a guy with 3 or 4 years of major P5 coaching experience with a guy with one year as a video coordinator because we need more coaching experience. Do you guys even think through the **** you spew?

This isn’t factual
We ain’t paying 1 mil for a coordinator but Diaz is well paid and brown has a nice salary as well. Dugans is well paid and Just got a bonus, when coach kool was here he got paid a lot too
We pay whatever the going rate is. We managed to hold onto both Dugans and Hartley this offseason despite both being offered by big state schools.

This isn’t factual

My point exactly! We had to make sacrifices. We have money for Richt, Diaz, Brown and decent salaries for Dugans. The secondary, TE, QB coaches all had to be hired in for cheap. It is what it is. Miami doesn’t have the money to have a loaded staff like other programs.

Advertisement
So we should just not recruit these kids?

Frierson, Silvera, Pope, etc were kids that would have gone to school XYZ if our coaching staff didnt recruit or stay on them hard.

Nah never said that. More to the point where the kids should just leave the thank you for how hard we recruited them out of their commit notes. Proper thank you would have been to put on for the hometown team.

Wow that sucks, I knew other coaches at “elite programs” were getting paid much more but I figured UM coaches were at least getting as much pvssy as the others

Our DB recruiting has been horrible in general. If u want Banda gone, u better want Rumph out too!!! If it wasnt for legacies and underated prospects we would be ***ed.

My point exactly! We had to make sacrifices. We have money for Richt, Diaz, Brown and decent salaries for Dugans. The secondary, TE, QB coaches all had to be hired in for cheap. It is what it is. Miami doesn’t have the money to have a loaded staff like other programs.
Richt hired who he has connections with haven’t you followed his tenure at uga. The last time he went out and hired somebody he didn’t know like that ala jeremey Pruitt he tried to sabotage richt and cause issues within the program. Schottyheimer was another bad hire late in his uga tenure that richt didn’t like per say. As richt has stated you can’t put a premium on working around people that you get a long well with in which he does. Hartley has proven to be an elite recruiter who worked at uga as the recruiting coordinator with richt, dugans was recruited and coached by richt, same with Thomas brown who was on his uga staff. Searels has coached for richt for a number of years. Richt is close to Simpson from the Georgia ties and recruiting the Buford program. Richt is very familiar with coach rumph from recruiting heritage, Banda and Patel both worked under Diaz at Mississippi state. So as you can see all of these guys had personal connections with richt and Diaz(on the linebacker and safety hires).

Another note remember how before richt left uga Brian burns had uga leading richt was his favorite coach? Yet when he came to Miami burns still didn’t have much interest even with rumph coming here as well? That just goes to show you no matter what some kids just don’t want to play for Miami period

Advertisement
Back