Ed Reed

Advertisement
I think Reed would be a great coach! He has the patience and passion. I wouldnt fire Banda but imo that 10th spot should have been Reed not Patka. His star power in South Florida with recruiting would be huge!

Advertisement
I think Reed would be a great coach! He has the patience and passion. I wouldnt fire Banda but imo that 10th spot should have been Reed not Patka. His star power in South Florida with recruiting would be huge!

Firing Banda as this hypothetical is just dumb, this statement is on point. Would have loved to hire either Dorsey or Reed for that job

I fully agree about Banda. We gave one of the most prestigious positions in UM history to a guy that had zero on-field track record of success and this was his first job being able to coach his own guys at a position. It still baffles me.

This board has made him out to be this ace recruiter but I assure you it's only on this board.

Using Banda as an excuse for choosing OSU is disingenuous. He knew Banda’s resume when we were recruiting him and when he visited. Second, OSU has a recent history of sending DB in the early rounds of the NFL draft. That is why he went there. Bottom line, we need our kids getting drafted early and the studs will come.

My point exactly! We had to make sacrifices. We have money for Richt, Diaz, Brown and decent salaries for Dugans. The secondary, TE, QB coaches all had to be hired in for cheap. It is what it is. Miami doesn’t have the money to have a loaded staff like other programs.

We have the money for a top 10 staff. Right now we have a JV staff. Too many green guys. TB and Dugans are the only dudes pulling weight in coaching and recruiting.

Hartley is an ace, but his special teams units are booty. He also had the help of having 2 NFL TEs on the roster. One being 1st rounder.

Rumph is a good teacher... you know the rest.

Banda is an overpaid cheerleader.

Patake.... LOL.

Searls... at least he recruits hard. Coaching is TBD.

JR.... lol. He lucked into Jarren. If we didn’t beat ND that week we weren’t getting him.

IDGAF what people say but you can’t have this many green coaches at THE ******* UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI. Periods.

Guys like Saban, Raymond, Pruitt, Venebels... all have the results. The have a big resume of sending kids to the league. Ohio state send like 1st rounders year in then seconday.

Banda last 4 years exp equate to...3 years at Miami sending Jenkins to the nfl in the 4 round. The years prior he was bar tender.

Firing Banda as this hypothetical is just dumb, this statement is on point. Would have loved to hire either Dorsey or Reed for that job
I agree with that Dorsey would fit in great in the qb room! Manny, Reed, Rumph, and Banda seem like they could get the most out of kids an Ed doesnt have to have expierence at this his resume speaks for itself especially when you talking about the canes! I didnt mention Simpson cause he seems like the older guy probably would hangout with Richt an Manny more i just think reed, banda, an rumph would work well together an as a unit be great

Advertisement
We have the money for a top 10 staff. Right now we have a JV staff. Too many green guys. TB and Dugans are the only dudes pulling weight in coaching and recruiting.

Hartley is an ace, but his special teams units are booty. He also had the help of having 2 NFL TEs on the roster. One being 1st rounder.

Patake.... LOL.

JR.... lol. He lucked into Jarren. If we didn’t beat ND that week we weren’t getting him.

IDGAF what people say but you can’t have this many green coaches at THE ******* UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI. Periods.

Guys like Saban, Raymond, Pruitt, Venebels... all have the results. The have a big resume of sending kids to the league. Ohio state send like 1st rounders year in then seconday.

Banda last 4 years exp equate to...3 years at Miami sending Jenkins to the nfl in the 4 round. The years prior he was bar tender.

I still don’t believe we have to money to have a top 10 staff. I wish I could pull those numbers. For the rest of your post...100% spot on. We have some good coaches and then some spots are weak either due to recruiting or lack of coaching experience. The crazy part is, we should still win the Coastal every year with this staff and talent coming in. I wish we didn’t split the secondary coaching and instead just hired one elite guy and pay him. Hartley should just be a recruiting coordinator because he is terrible at coaching special teams. With all that being said, we will be a top 15 team year end and year out and I believe Richt will get us 1 championship.

Patake.... LOL.

Never understood the Banda hire, but he has done some good in recruiting. Understand the Patke hire even less. Rumph has had probs recruiting, has shown some good things coaching...I understand why Richt took him, it just hasn't paid the dividends in Broward and AH that he thought it would. Kindofa good whiff of a hire, and early returns as a coach have been decent, although not what many of his defenders have made it out to be imo.

I agree with above, too much inexperience imo.

Agreed for the most part. Banda/Manny/whomever played Carter out of position by having him a FS. It was a dumb move. Jenk had been playing prettyy well his career here. I don't chalk them up to Banda.

What he's done with Redwine and Jaquan has been pretty **** good though. He seems to be a good coach in terms of teaching the position but once these guys start going to the NFL..it will help stop the negative recruiting against him.

I just loathe that we had to have growing pains with any position coach when Richt was given funds to hire the best.

I feel you

Need Jaquan and Mike Jackson to ball out and get drafted high so we can get these coaches a track record

Never understood the Banda hire, but he has done some good in recruiting. Understand the Patke hire even less. Rumph has had probs recruiting, has shown some good things coaching...I understand why Richt took him, it just hasn't paid the dividends in Broward and AH that he thought it would. Kindofa good whiff of a hire, and early returns as a coach have been decent, although not what many of his defenders have made it out to be imo.

I agree with above, too much inexperience imo.
Banda has done no better than rumph in recruiting

Advertisement
I don’t believe Miami has the money to hire a top10 staff either, but does anyone else believe Richt hired guys that would stick together for his tenure? I don’t think he wanted guys that would use it as a launching pad for other jobs or promotions except Kool. Given his track record it was a great hire, just turns out he didn’t want to recruit.

Why would someone who is as set financially and as professionally accomplished as Ed Reed want to deal with the nonsense that comes with having to sell yourself to 17 year old knuckleheads on the recruiting trail?

So many ridiculous assumptions being made.

Let’s review:

1. Ed Reed wants to put in the time it takes to be a college position coach. Just the coaching part of it is way more than a 40/hr a week job

2. Ed Reed wants to put in the time it takes to be a good recruiter. So in addition to putting in hours to be a good college coach, you’ve got to put in the time to recruit these kids. That’s a lot of hours for a guy making a small fraction of the NFL money he used to make.

3. Ed Reed wants to put up with the bullshlt that goes with recruiting flaky teenagers and their parents. Some people just don’t have the patience or the political backslapping nature to be good recruiters. Or some people just don’t want to fūck around chasing after snot nosed teenagers. We don’t know whether he has the “recruiter’s personality” or not. Don’t assume he does, or that he wants to deal with it. We just don’t know,

4. Does Ed Reed even want to be a position coach in college at this juncture in his career. I don’t know. Do you? Has he even expressed interest?

5. Worst assumption: Richt is going to summarily fire Banda, going through and around Manny, the guy that runs the defense, to make a CIS sketch insider porster happy. CIS logic at work here.

Advertisement
I’m probably in the minority in thinking this (which I have been for years because I now live in vols country) but it will take time before we can get these big names on campus. Last season was the best season we’ve had since these guys were born. All they’ve known is the bama, Clemson, and OSU’s of the world competing at an elite level every year, while we ***** about coaches, bags, and (what he’s me every **** year) not converting on gawd dam 3rd down. Coach Richt is a winner and I don’t think he’ll be loyal to coaches not getting it done at this point in his career. I’m not calling anyone an idiot on here because you smart enough to go for the Canes. But we need to exercise patience with the program and coaches at this point. I am aware that it is frustrating but **** ain’t ever gone be as easy as some ppl make it seem. If a kid just don’t want in, it’s not much we can do about it.

I don’t believe Miami has the money to hire a top10 staff either, but does anyone else believe Richt hired guys that would stick together for his tenure? I don’t think he wanted guys that would use it as a launching pad for other jobs or promotions except Kool. Given his track record it was a great hire, just turns out he didn’t want to recruit.

We have the money don’t be fooled. And with the ACC network deal coming in next year. We will definitely have the funds.

But at the same token as a HC you have to work with what you got. If MIAMI doesn’t have A decent pool of cash for assistants (hypothetical) then we need to find up an coming guys with a a little bit of a track record.

Ok. St HC Gundy hires dudes that people never heard about.

Pruitt was a HS seconday coach like 6 years ago.

There are good coaches out there. Just have to find them.

We need to find guys like Curtis Johnson, Solly, Stoops. We’ve have young coaches before but they could flat out coach and recruit.

We seem to settle on guys like Rumph, Banda, JR. Patake. All of whom who can’t really do both at all.

I could of lived with Rumph and Banda, but the Patake hire was mind numbing. I hope Patke is enjoying this ride bc this the best job he will ever get. He’s an intern at any other big school. We blew our opportunity to hire someone that could of been a difference maker.

We have the money don’t be fooled. And with the ACC network deal coming in next year. We will definitely have the funds.

But at the same token as a HC you have to work with what you got. If MIAMI doesn’t have A decent pool of cash for assistants (hypothetical) then we need to find up an coming guys with a a little bit of a track record.

Ok. St HC Gundy hires dudes that people never heard about.

Pruitt was a HS seconday coach like 6 years ago.

There are good coaches out there. Just have to find them.

We need to find guys like Curtis Johnson, Solly, Stoops. We’ve have young coaches before but they could flat out coach and recruit.

We seem to settle on guys like Rumph, Banda, JR. Patake. All of whom who can’t really do both at all.

I could of lived with Rumph and Banda, but the Patake hire was mind numbing. I hope Patke is enjoying this ride bc this the best job he will ever get. He’s an intern at any other big school. We blew our opportunity to hire someone that could of been a difference maker.
Why do you think rumph can’t coach? Not calling you out. Just enjoy logical football talk.

Advertisement
Back