Ed reed will give it to Manny straight.

Agree on the strikers, but does their play excuse our LB play and continual mistakes on special teams? To me, the answer is no.
Lb play = courtesy of Blake his position group, and Manny prior to Blake, Special teams have been pretty good this year with Hedley and Borragales : I give Patke a pass on the kick off return for TD, they were short 11 or more players this last week that probably affected special teams .

Advertisement
Lb play = courtesy of Blake his position group, and Manny prior to Blake, Special teams have been pretty good this year with Hedley and Borragales : I give Patke a pass on the kick off return for TD, they were short 11 or more players this last week that probably affected special teams .
That is 100% false. Patke and Blake share LB duties, with Patke responsible for OLB and Baker for OLB.

Hedley and Jose have been very good, but how about the number of penalties we have had on returns? Last week we had three on kickoff returns alone. How about the number of times we have jumped offsides on FGs? How about the number of fumbles and lack of situational awareness on punt returns? How about the fact that MANY of these issues date back to last year, when multiple fake punts worked against us?

You can't just cherry pick stats and overlook weaknesses. If that were the case, I would say Jose was automatic at the college level prior to his time here, so you can't give Patke credit for him being a good kicker.

That is 100% false. Patke and Blake share LB duties, with Patke responsible for OLB and Baker for OLB.

Hedley and Jose have been very good, but how about the number of penalties we have had on returns? Last week we had three on kickoff returns alone. How about the number of times we have jumped offsides on FGs? How about the number of fumbles and lack of situational awareness on punt returns? How about the fact that MANY of these issues date back to last year, when multiple fake punts worked against us?

You can't just cherry pick stats and overlook weaknesses. If that were the case, I would say Jose was automatic at the college level prior to his time here, so you can't give Patke credit for him being a good kicker.
we also block 3 kicks in one game, and return it for a touchdown, holding calls are a joke call in College our guys get mugged no calls, then all of a sudden we get some holding calls on kickoff returns, again we are short double digit players. They say when you are short players it affects you special teams the most. I still think Baker handles the LB, guess we are just going to disagree on this

we also block 3 kicks in one game, and return it for a touchdown, holding calls are a joke call in College our guys get mugged no calls, then all of a sudden we get some holding calls on kickoff returns, again we are short double digit players. They say when you are short players it affects you special teams the most. I still think Baker handles the LB, guess we are just going to disagree on this
Agree on the three blocked kicks. That was impressive. But whatever vendetta the ACC may have against our guys, we still were called for three penalties in this game alone. You don't just get to discount all of them.

It is literally in his job description on the website. You cannot just put your head in the sand and say "well I still think Baker handles LB" with absolutely zero evidence to support this when there is very clear evidence to the contrary. All you have done is make excuses and deny the facts with zero support.

The bottom line is not one of Baker, Rumph, nor Patke are qualified to be coaches at this level/ If Manny really wants this program to thrive and build a career for himself, he needs to get uncomfortable, not surround himself with yes men, and find some outside voices who see things a little differently. This is the mark of any successful company.

If Ed Reed can provide enough wisdom to the the draft eligible players that it shows them they all need to stay an extra season, then that alone will be worth his presence in this role.

Advertisement
You guys think Ed has way more influence than he actually does. Manny isnt going to listen to him about staff changes, because in reality Ed isn’t responsible or on the hook for any results, manny is

agree more worried about the linebackers, than the DB's : Clemson average pass was 7 yards, bubbles, screens, its like they just picked on our linebackers, and what most worrisome our LB's have been mostly coach up the our D. C.'s :
They to many times have our linebackers trying to flow to the ball instead being discipline in their areas, and than flow as well as delaying their movements, our linebackers almost are never accounting for anybody, to consistently let fullbacks and what not keep getting to the open spots behind our linebackers is elementary **** man. They fake the ball one way, all our linebackers, well the 2 of them are on their way consistently leaving gaps and gaping wholes is coverage.

He is a god awful coach. Cannot teach zone coverage for ish. Our CBs are probably the worst zone defenders I’ve ever seen.

And anyone thinking Ed Reed is anything but a pacifier to the fan base and occasional cheerleader is a fool.
nah, he's there to help Manny and the program succeed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back