Ed reed will give it to Manny straight.

He is just a decoration.. he has no duties or responsibilities. We overvalue his contribution if any.
Recruiting help. He was the PR move when Blake and Manny panicked when they heard Alonzo was coming. Posted this in August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I think there are multiple factors at play with the defense. I think there's a coaching, talent, and intelligence deficit. Until those 3 things change we can expect more of the same from our defense.
Just need to fix one thing, the coach. The other two things will fall in line afterwards.

In all fairness to Rumph, he killed it coaching-wise with Manny.
Look, I like Rumph. He is an adequate coach. But he is a terrible recruiter and that is part of the gig. The bottom line is an upgrade can be made here, and if opportunity presents, Manny should take it. We are simply losing out on top notch CB talent and that’s a problem. I also don’t know what happened with Williams but that is not a good look for Rumph either. Honestly I would love for Reed to slide into that role. To me he needs to be on the sidelines coaching and in a better position to recruit. But who knows, maybe he doesn’t even want to do that.

Look, I like Rumph. He is an adequate coach. But he is a terrible recruiter and that is part of the gig. The bottom line is an upgrade can be made here, and if opportunity presents, Manny should take it. We are simply losing out on top notch CB talent and that’s a problem. I also don’t know what happened with Williams but that is not a good look for Rumph either. Honestly I would love for Reed to slide into that role. To me he needs to be on the sidelines coaching and in a better position to recruit. But who knows, maybe he doesn’t even want to do that.

He is a god awful coach. Cannot teach zone coverage for ish. Our CBs are probably the worst zone defenders I’ve ever seen.

And anyone thinking Ed Reed is anything but a pacifier to the fan base and occasional cheerleader is a fool.

Advertisement
It's kind of funny that the shortest corner will probably end up being the best in coverage. The dip**** coaches always pass on smaller corners to get lanky, uncoordinated players who can't cover ****.
It’s been comical...

they didn’t want bandy either

Slow played astante samuels who ended up going to the dumpster fire

They need to stop pretending we are some nfl minor league team and recruit dudes who can play the **** position and have a dog like mentality

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think there are a whole lot of people who don't understand exactly what his role is. Why would anyone ever hire someone for a position that's going to cause friction? Ed Reed is there to help, not cause problems.

Advertisement
Maybe, but he's not lying about the AD, he is an armature. You don't need to be an insider to see that. Just because he may have been competent selling tickets doesn't make him competent to be AD.

That’s not the point. He’s just saying obvious shlt you don’t need to be an insider to know.

O
I think there are a whole lot of people who don't understand exactly what his role is. Why would anyone ever hire someone for a position that's going to cause friction? Ed Reed is there to help, not cause problems.
There are plenty of people who know much more about running a successful college football program who also have no clue what Ed’s role is. He is a part time pawn in Blake and Manny’s chess game and that comes from people that have close ties to trustees and other major donors. Ed is not here to create problems the problems are created by Mannny and Blake

Advertisement
Back