Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not đź« )

Happy for Ed. Hope he succeeds there. Great Cane.

If I was in any role at Miami, I would not leave for BCU under any circumstance. Way less prestigious and way more risky (at least as long as Mario is the HC at Miami because his 10-yr contract provides an unusual level of stability for a CFB program).

Even though Bethune overall does not present a challenge to Miami on the recruiting trail, you gotta believe there's going to be some future battles over safeties...and that's unfortunate.

Advertisement
I have 2 kids at Bethune right now i coached 1 a db ..everyone is pretty pumped.

He has a chance to do what Deion did if he focuses on recruiting. He needs to hit NOLA hard and back in south florida, then work the transfer portal.

He needs to take Avery Huff and maybe get a few of our guys that want to stay in state.

Would we feel bad now if/when we roll up 60+ on BCU as a warmup game? Hey, it even happened this year….

Relax lady.

Usually the greatest of timers don’t go sign up to coach, especially at places like HBCU.

Deion top 5 player all time, made it feel okay for other goats to go coach and bring up other HBCU programs.. all I meant,
I'm sure Ed Reed was worried about what people would think of him going into coaching until Deion showed that it was okay.

Advertisement
Imo, this is the path he should’ve taken all along. Looking forward to seeing his career flourish, and be rumored to be taking the Miami HC job for the next 20 years.

Just think, if Beta Blake was still our AD, the time would now be PERFECT for offering Ed the job and paying a big buyout to B-CC...

Advertisement
I always looked at Ed Reed and Dorsey as becoming top coordinators in the league on their side of the ball --- experts in their strategic and analytical preparation. I am not doubting him, but more surprised he would accept the HC job as his first major coaching gig. I am really curious to see how he runs the show.

I always looked at Ed Reed and Dorsey as becoming top coordinators in the league on their side of the ball --- experts in their strategic and analytical preparation. I am not doubting him, but more surprised he would accept the HC job as his first major coaching gig. I am really curious to see how he runs the show.
Ed's like, fck it, if Deion can do it, I can do it better.

Advertisement
Who do you pull for when Bethune has to face off against this guy's team in 2023?
240719219_4699529820081156_5229236081019502342_n.png

i'm glad for Ed. one of the best ever. everyone knows he wanted to get into coaching but didnt want a full time position, so this is somewhat of a surprise. in addition, he and Mario, per Ed himself, didn't see eye to eye on some things and perhaps his role became obsolete once we got a competent coach and Highsmith. i hope he elevates BC like Deion did at jackson state.

Advertisement
Good for Ed.

He's been here in South Florida the last few - and no one at UM has paid attention to one damned thing he's said - all our coaches know everything to know about football - as did our players - so good for Bethune Cookman!

Good for Ed.

He's been here in South Florida the last few - and no one at UM has paid attention to one damned thing he's said - all our coaches know everything to know about football - as did our players - so good for Bethune Cookman!
Ed abhorred Manny...let's leave it at that. If Mario, and/or Addae didn't pay attention to him....shame on them.

Good for Ed.

That’s not true. He was invaluable for Kam. And this staff, was totally different from Manny.

Advertisement
Back