Ed Reed tweet

Blake Baker's BETA 3 down lineman 3rd down defense is a joke. The fact he used it against Directional Michigan, when we struggled last year, is a bigger indictment. He just keeps using that stupid philosophy. Bye Blake
That 3 man DL drives me crazy, we seem to get gashed consistently on 3rd down. 3rd and long used to be impossible to convert against us, now it happens on a regular basis.

Advertisement
Could you read it that he's embarrassed by the play of the S or CBs or both, which contradicts Baker's statement that the S were good? Believe me, I don't like this any more than you do. LOL.

I will now insert an emoji to describe how I'm feeling about parsing Ed's emoji. I ask for your interpretation of my state of mind.
:oops:
You could. You could interpret it to mean he’s embarrassed by Christy’s reporting, or just the safeties. It’s impossible to say for certain, which means it’s definitely about Baker being a fraud.

No, it means blushing or embarrassment.

If you’re a poster who thinks Ed secretly wants Baker fired then you could read it as he’s embarrassed by Baker. If you’re not you could read it as he’s agreeing with Baker and blushing at the comment/reality of the statement.

I can’t believe this is how I’m spending part of my Tuesday morning.
The emoji could easily mean a dozen or so things but people here are sticking with the one they like the most and making the single emoji a 300 page dissertation of the defense and defensive coaches by Ed Reed. No one here knows what Ed truly meant with the emoji response, but I guess it’s fun to guess.

Advertisement
The emoji could easily mean a dozen or so things but people here are sticking with the one they like the most and making the single emoji a 300 page dissertation of the defense and defensive coaches by Ed Reed. No one here knows what Ed truly meant with the emoji response, but I guess it’s fun to guess.
I know what he meant...and I know what 3 other former UM Defensive players think as well...

Dude only had 6 snaps. He’s the fifth Lb. now I do think it should be Brooks and BJ out there and the safeties snap count was pretty equal

Ragone is actually the #3 striker, per the last 2 depth charts. Not that that justified playing time in the 2nd qrt.

Advertisement
Why create controversy when you work in the same building and can just talk to the guy. I personally think Baker is below average. Final nail for me came when he played Ragone again on Thursday. However, no need to use twitter to send a vague message that might distract from the fact that we are playing in primetime for possibly our next 3 games.
I disagree, these kids now care more about their social media than real life. Ed is going to the place that matters to them and calling them out, like it or not social media is more powerful than face to face now.

I think it was due to what he said about the safeties. Our safeties didn't do a **** thing. They were late to the party all game. Late in run support, and late in coverage. Our safeties didn't get their hands on any passes I can recall, nor did they make any stops near the LOS.

That’s the only way to see it. Smh.

Advertisement
On this weeks episode if emojigate: the following emoji interpreted.

😤

Does it mean a person is heated ?

Does it mean a person is exhaling ganja from their Nostrils?

Is this how you tell a chick you want to give her a smoking dragon?

Tune in this friday for answers.

It's cryptic in that it could apply to the CBs or S or both. I'm a fan of just saying what you mean instead of expressing yourself like a 13 year old girl with hieroglyphics. I appreciate Ed's attempt at being demanding, but a little red cartoon face falls a bit short.

Communicating like 13 year old females is the issue. After two decades of mediocrity it’s time to cut the s***

Advertisement
We already know Ragone is limited as a player, why not give those snaps to a younger guy?
Giving a hardworking, team first player the reward of 6 snaps against UAB isn't going to stunt the development of Huff, Flag et al.

If they're as good as everyone thinks, they'll force themselves into the picture.

Advertisement
Back