Ed Reed tweet

I think it's pretty clear here that Ed Reed was connecting that tweet to the recent peace developments in the Middle East. Notice how Christy put the word "communication" before "calmness"? It's very clear that Ed Reed was telling world leaders that they should be embarrassed for not doing this before now.

Kudos, to you, Mr. Reed, for holding them accountable.

@RVACane, I'll take my thread ban now. You'll be doing me a mercy.

Advertisement
It's cryptic in that it could apply to the CBs or S or both. I'm a fan of just saying what you mean instead of expressing yourself like a 13 year old girl with hieroglyphics. I appreciate Ed's attempt at being demanding, but a little red cartoon face falls a bit short.

Full disclosure - I love Ed Reed.

That said, I went to his twitter feed and I was a bit surprised at how much of a corporate spokesperson he is. He's shilling for companies left and right. Good for him but I was a bit surprised.

I fail to understand what is controversial about his use of an emoji. Baker (kinda) called out the CBs, which I appreciated, and praised the safeties. Ed blushed, what on earth is the issue?

If anyone Baker stepped up, and Ed merely reacted. What am I missing?
What's not understood doesn't have to be explained.

Advertisement
Why create controversy when you work in the same building and can just talk to the guy. I personally think Baker is below average. Final nail for me came when he played Ragone again on Thursday. However, no need to use twitter to send a vague message that might distract from the fact that we are playing in primetime for possibly our next 3 games.

Blake Baker's BETA 3 down lineman 3rd down defense is a joke. The fact he used it against Directional Michigan, when we struggled last year, is a bigger indictment. He just keeps using that stupid philosophy. Bye Blake

Is that what that emoji means? Agreement? I have honestly no idea.

It means one of possibly 10 different things. Maybe he's surprised Baker called them out. Maybe he's saying Baker needs to tighten up. Maybe he's saying he safeties were good and he's happy with that. Maybe he's calling the kids out. Literally nobody knows but him, but to devote multiple pages to a single emoji tweet that could mean a hundred different things is peak CIS.

I'll put it this way...this site has spend 1000X more time thinking about the tweet than Ed Reed has. Let's let it go. It doesn't mean anything.

That said, I went to his twitter feed and I was a bit surprised at how much of a corporate spokesperson he is. He's shilling for companies left and right. Good for him but I was a bit surprised.
If you're surprised by that then can I also offer you some Teremana tequila? You can literally add it to the milk in your cereal.

Our arrangement with him is incredibly odd to say the least. He's a part-time employee. No idea how much he's around or how much time he dedicates to duties here or splits his time between shilling and UM.

Advertisement
Is that what that emoji means? Agreement? I have honestly no idea.
No, it means blushing or embarrassment.

If you’re a poster who thinks Ed secretly wants Baker fired then you could read it as he’s embarrassed by Baker. If you’re not you could read it as he’s agreeing with Baker and blushing at the comment/reality of the statement.

I can’t believe this is how I’m spending part of my Tuesday morning.

It means one of possibly 10 different things. Maybe he's surprised Baker called them out. Maybe he's saying Baker needs to tighten up. Maybe he's saying he safeties were good and he's happy with that. Maybe he's calling the kids out. Literally nobody knows but him, but to devote multiple pages to a single emoji tweet that could mean a hundred different things is peak CIS.

I'll put it this way...this site has spend 1000X more time thinking about the tweet than Ed Reed has. Let's let it go. It doesn't mean anything.
Unfortunately, if a legendary S and part-time staff member responds to the DC's tweet about the secondary with an embarrassed face, it means something.

No, it means blushing or embarrassment.

If you’re a poster who thinks Ed secretly wants Baker fired then you could read it as he’s embarrassed by Baker. If you’re not you could read it as he’s agreeing with Baker and blushing at the comment/reality of the statement.

I can’t believe this is how I’m spending part of my Tuesday morning.
Could you read it that he's embarrassed by the play of the S or CBs or both, which contradicts Baker's statement that the S were good? Believe me, I don't like this any more than you do. LOL.

I will now insert an emoji to describe how I'm feeling about parsing Ed's emoji. I ask for your interpretation of my state of mind.
:oops:

My buddy who was at the game said he was watching Ed who was standing on the sideline the whole game. He watched and saw every play. Wasnt chopping it up with people. Eyes were on the game the whole time.

Im sure Ed relayed what he saw and thought after the game.

Advertisement
LOL analyzing Emojis. CIS is in midseason form...
1600178978726.gif

Our arrangement with him is incredibly odd to say the least. He's a part-time employee. No idea how much he's around or how much time he dedicates to duties here or splits his time between shilling and UM.

Agree. It's amusing seeing him shill for Snickers, EAMadden, Head&shoulders, IBM and Verizon in the past 5 days. Good for him - don't hate the playa, hate the game!!

Advertisement
My buddy who was at the game said he was watching Ed who was standing on the sideline the whole game. He watched and saw every play. Wasnt chopping it up with people. Eyes were on the game the whole time.

That is good, but it is only worthwhile if Manny and Co. are willing to listen and act on it.

Reed has said publicly that is one of his main functions - to relay to Diaz what his observations are of the team, whether it's on the field or in practice, etc.

Advertisement
Back