NFL Ed Reed Goes At Jack Del Rio

Odds are he wouldn't be, because he wasn't siding with dime score fascism. Ed wasn't trying to equate a long standing fight for basic human rights that went too far to the attempted violent overthrow of a democratically elected chief executive, merely because they didn't want to face reality. If you can't see the difference between BLM marches(Which were mostly nonviolent) and 1/6, then I don't know what to tell you.
I have no clue what you just wrote about, my point is simply the first amendment; the coach made a remark and was fined for it. If any of us can get fined for simply stating an opinion, we are in trouble. As @OriginalCanesCanesCanes stated earlier, the proper way to handle was a private meeting between the HC and the DC to stay the **** out of politics, the same conversation Rad or Zo should be having now with Ed.

Advertisement
why doesn't Ed Reed mention police captain David Dorn? or reach out to anyone who lived or had family in the areas ripped apart by the looters?

How much did Ed donate to thousands of black small business owners whose lives were destroyed by looting? https://www.gofundme.com/f/scores-bar-mpls-riot-rebuild

The capital is filled with corrupt scum who send 20yr olds to die while destroying foreign countries. But we are supposed to feel bad b/c the cowards were scared that the FBI knowingly allowed some rednecks in and put their feet up on Nancy Pelosi's desk?

Multiple judges, including a ton appointed by the guy who is pushing this nonsense has noted that there wasn't widespread fraud. There hasn't been ONE IOTA of proof of widespread fraud. In fact, one can easily argue that there is far more evidence of attempted voter suppression by the GOP than fraud. I know that logic, and basic common sense will fly right past you, so there's no point in really going further. If your response to dozens of lawsuits, legal opinions and studies is "Only I and some random people know the real answer", then odds are you are beyond help. There are tons of movies saying that the earth is flat, doesn't change actual facts.
😂 funny stuff… common sense flys right past me. As if the fact that having mass ballots mailed out to old voter rolls and drop boxes setup isn’t common sense that there might be a chance of some fraud

Those judges threw out the cases cause there wasn’t enough evidence at the time. I mentioned this already in another thread but trump was dumb to try to turn the election that fast and there wasn’t enough time to gather evidence to overturn the election.

Now that the data has been combed, there is evidence… whether u care to see it or not… I don’t really care. Before I watched the movie that came out a month ago, I thought there was fraud, but not enough to flip the electoral college. However after seeing it, I believe there was enough to flip it. U can sit there and believe what they tell u and just rely on the 60 judges that ruled there wasn’t enough evidence at the time (which I agree with). Or maybe there is a chance that there was enough widespread ballot harvesting and stuffing to have changed the election… ya never know!

Also what voter suppression u talking about? Georgia and Texas are usually the ones peeps bring up… but they have less restrictions than the president’s home state of Delaware. But maybe u have some other examples of voter suppression?

Odds are he wouldn't be, because he wasn't siding with dime score fascism. Ed wasn't trying to equate a long standing fight for basic human rights that went too far to the attempted violent overthrow of a democratically elected chief executive, merely because they didn't want to face reality. If you can't see the difference between BLM marches(Which were mostly nonviolent) and 1/6, then I don't know what to tell you.
"mostly non violent". what world do you live in?

1655086902753.png

I have no clue what you just wrote about, my point is simply the first amendment; the coach made a remark and was fined for it. If any of us can get fined for simply stating an opinion, we are in trouble. As @OriginalCanesCanesCanes stated earlier, the proper way to handle was a private meeting between the HC and the DC to stay the **** out of politics, the same conversation Rad or Zo should be having now with Ed.
The 1st amendment doesn't mean that your employer can't hold you accountable for speech that they determine reflects negatively on them. The 1st amendment protects you from the GOVERNMENT doing something to you as a result of your speech. This is why paying attention in Civics class matters, folks. This is why, because people love to flap their gums about certain things, and it's beyond obvious they don't know a **** thing.

Del Rio is free to sound like the bigoted hypocrite he is, the Commanders are free to fine him for making their organization look like trash.

Advertisement
"mostly non violent". what world do you live in?

View attachment 189186
Hundreds of protests, if not thousands, and you can count on two hands the number that led to significant property damage and rioting. But hey, let's not let logic get in the way. Amazing that none of those protests led to people thinking that invading the heart of our democracy was a good idea. Then again, let's not let observable facts get in the way.

Hundreds of protests, if not thousands, and you can count on two hands the number that led to significant property damage and rioting. But hey, let's not let logic get in the way. Amazing that none of those protests led to people thinking that invading the heart of our democracy was a good idea. Then again, let's not let observable facts get in the way.
there has been a nationwide witch hunt to find just about anyone involved with entering the capital that day and hold them responsible.

now tell many how many hands you need to count all the people sitting in jail for ruining homes, businesses, lives and billions of dollars

The 1st amendment doesn't mean that your employer can't hold you accountable for speech that they determine reflects negatively on them. The 1st amendment protects you from the GOVERNMENT doing something to you as a result of your speech. This is why paying attention in Civics class matters, folks. This is why, because people love to flap their gums about certain things, and it's beyond obvious they don't know a **** thing.

Del Rio is free to sound like the bigoted hypocrite he is, the Commanders are free to fine him for making their organization look like trash.
Thats your opinion, and thats fine. That doesnt dictate that it has to be my opinion too, and that should be fine to you.

Nah, didn’t listen to the entire podcast (there are two from JRE, I believe). But by all means, if there are sections that are must listen to spots, let me know. I just can’t invest 3 hours in that guy. As for the formula, I’m not disagreeing with you (toxins) but the reality is that millions of babies need it and they have been used for decades without any major issues.

The Egyptians in America is something he talked about. Not sure if he’s just repeating what someone else’s theory is or it’s his but just Google it.

Listening to someone like Hancock vs hotep is apples and oranges with regard to substance. I don’t know if I beleve everything Hancock says but it’s a lot more substantive and inspires some confidence whereas you just get “I think” or “from what I’ve read” meaningless stuff from hotep. He may have some legit stuff out there but I come across it.
Ironically enough, if Hotep talked about Egyptians in South America, he's likely referencing Fingerprints of the Gods... by Graham Hancock! Have you read it... He absolutely references statues, carvings and descriptions of Africans found in South America. Hancock is all about paralleling Egyptian/South American ancient-history. I'm in the middle of that book, it's super dry and plodding, but fascinating as well.

It's obvious you've formed your opinion of Hotep via someone else's, a 'fact-check' of sort without actually giving the man a personal listen. He could be a nut job... But you shouldn't take someone else's word for it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah, you’re not a nut job - I figured you were just using a sound byte to back up a point.

As for the formula thing, I don’t want to quibble but it represents how he conveys his facts. He says there are toxins in baby food that aren’t good for babies. You want to argue that, fine, no problem. But when pressed for more info/facts by Joe, he responds with “I don’t know, do your own research.” My guess is that will be the case with 90% of the crap he spews - when pressed, his knowledge only goes beyond a very superficial point of view. He’s all bluster and no substance.

I have zero issues thinking outside the norm - I do it myself, believe in UAPs, I’m into graham Hancock stuff, etc but Hotep doesn’t inspire any confidence with anything he says bc he - more often than not - backs it up with “I think…” or “I heard” or “I’m not sure but people need to look Into it.” Just look at his theories on Egyptians in America before native Americans - it’s just utter nonsense.

I’ll stop using qanon if you want and start using “fringe conspiracy”.
We need an off-topic thread for ‘fringe ideas and conspiracies’. :)

If you are talking monetary value, then yes. The BLM protests caused a great deal more monetary damage.

But if you are talking value generally, you had a violent mob attempting to overthrow a lawful and legitimate election. Had they succeeded in preventing the confirmation of the election such that Biden could not be confirmed and Trump maintained that he was the rightful President, you would have had chaos and financial market calamities of apocalyptic proportions. There was a great deal more at stake on January 6, when the mob threatened to hang Mike Pence and impose their will to thwart a lawful and legitimate election in the most free, most powerful, most relevant, and longest continuous democracy in the world.

It's really comparing apples and oranges.

As far as Del Rio is concerned. He has the right to speak his mind. The Washington Commanders also have the right to speak its mind. Both did. There will be consequences for both. If Del Rio hadn't injected himself in the political arena, he would not have been fined. Once he did, the Commanders were forced to pick a side because that's the world we presently live in.

Blame the media on both sides for creating this world. they want us at each others' throats. It drives ratings. And we're all the suckers.
we-are.gif

It's funny how the narrative is now about Ed Reeds comments. This continued diffusion of facts to distort what the entire country witnessed on January 6th.

I read the Sports Illustrated article asking if Ed Reed has negatively impacted the University of Miami. Yet another media outlet taking the spot light from Del Rio and trying to shine it elsewhere.

As an African American male, I can tell SI that what Ed Reed posted, would only have a positive impact on our communities because he resonates what I believe most African Americans feel.

We sit back and observe the double standard of the society we live in. You have a peaceful Black Lives Matters protest in D.C. confronted and fired upon with rubber bullets by the direction of the federal government via National Guards from several states.

Contrast that with the insurrection
Congressional invasion on January 6th where people were allowed to illiegally gather on Congressional soil. Capital police were beaten. People died. The Capital invaders paraded through the halls of Congress looking for the politicians they despised. It could only be interpreted as an insurrection An attempt to prevent Congess from doing its job by bodily harm if deemed necessary.

Some had claimed they were given permission by the President to be there. Ironically, if those people understood our government, they would know Congress is SEPERATE, but EQUAL branch of government. The President does not have the power to direct Congressional affairs or its property. You may remember in 2019, the President was disinvited from giving a State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress in the House of Representatives. The President must have permission from the Speaker of the House. He cannot just order it or direct it to be done.

What African Americans and most minorities know and clearly understand is that we would have never made it into the Congressional buildings on January 6th. We would have been shot and killed on the steps if not before. Nobody would have even questioned it. We know this. So, it would never even had been a thought in our minds to think or organize such an act in the first place.

We sit back and quietly observe what many would call the privilege in the United States. It's the allowance and the arrogance not only in the acts on January 6th, but that it was acceptable to be there in the first place. This downplaying of actions by those of the right complexion are well known and expected. We usually just quietly observe. Ed Reed isn't being quiet. That's fine by me.
tenor (13).gif

Multiple judges, including a ton appointed by the guy who is pushing this nonsense has noted that there wasn't widespread fraud. There hasn't been ONE IOTA of proof of widespread fraud. In fact, one can easily argue that there is far more evidence of attempted voter suppression by the GOP than fraud. I know that logic, and basic common sense will fly right past you, so there's no point in really going further. If your response to dozens of lawsuits, legal opinions and studies is "Only I and some random people know the real answer", then odds are you are beyond help. There are tons of movies saying that the earth is flat, doesn't change actual facts.
200 (3).gif

Advertisement
why doesn't Ed Reed mention police captain David Dorn? or reach out to anyone who lived or had family in the areas ripped apart by the looters?

How much did Ed donate to thousands of black small business owners whose lives were destroyed by looting? https://www.gofundme.com/f/scores-bar-mpls-riot-rebuild

The capital is filled with corrupt scum who send 20yr olds to die while destroying foreign countries. But we are supposed to feel bad b/c the cowards were scared that the FBI knowingly allowed some rednecks in and put their feet up on Nancy Pelosi's desk?
hes-right-you-know.jpg

AOC literally died that day - then murdered again by Ted Cruz. She's still traumatized to this day, show some respect.

Advertisement
Just stop, dude. You’re in over your head here.

DC was turned into a 3rd world **** hole during the BLM riots. The “heart” of our democracy.

Attachments

• 29C723F6-0C02-44E4-A32F-7B3A5D041856.jpeg
    29C723F6-0C02-44E4-A32F-7B3A5D041856.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 13
there has been a nationwide witch hunt to find just about anyone involved with entering the capital that day and hold them responsible.

now tell many how many hands you need to count all the people sitting in jail for ruining homes, businesses, lives and billions of dollars
Maybe next time a mob with sedition and rioting on their mind will think twice. And that includes any potential transgressions this summer at the Supreme Court.

The crazies at the Capitol acted like they thought there would be no consequences for them. Maybe they thought Trump would pardon them. Whatever the case, they thought wrong!

Maybe next time a mob with sedition and rioting on their mind will think twice. And that includes any potential transgressions this summer at the Supreme Court.

The crazies at the Capitol acted like they thought there would be no consequences for them. Maybe they thought Trump would pardon them. Whatever the case, they thought wrong!
Nah sorry, it’s open season on the Supreme Court. People are literally being allowed to break federal laws regarding them, with nothing being done.

LOL, 20+ deaths and billions of dollars in damage but no worries because you can count on two hands.....................

Advertisement
Back