NFL Ed Reed Goes At Jack Del Rio

It’s pretty clear half the cops who just let people in, thought it was no big deal.

1. Not on the Videos I saw where they were fighting with protestors.

2. Does it matter? Doesn’t take away from the fact that the capitol is a hugely important symbol. If you don’t comprehend that part, I don’t know what to tell you.

Advertisement

2. Does it matter? Doesn’t take away from the fact that the capitol is a hugely important symbol. If you don’t comprehend that part, I don’t know what to tell you.
Many did engage with protesters, yes. I’d wager there were some who were, shall we say, ‘supportive’ of the protestors, and others who chose not to engage violently. The event could have easily resulted in the loss of hundreds of lives had security, such as it was, chosen to respond with violence.

They let half of them in. And yes that matters. If it was so important and worth 6-12 months of pre-trial detention, maybe they shouldn’t have let them in.

Still doesn’t change my mind of it not being anymore important than your house or mine.

It's funny how the narrative is now about Ed Reeds comments. This continued diffusion of facts to distort what the entire country witnessed on January 6th.

I read the Sports Illustrated article asking if Ed Reed has negatively impacted the University of Miami. Yet another media outlet taking the spot light from Del Rio and trying to shine it elsewhere.

As an African American male, I can tell SI that what Ed Reed posted, would only have a positive impact on our communities because he resonates what I believe most African Americans feel.

We sit back and observe the double standard of the society we live in. You have a peaceful Black Lives Matters protest in D.C. confronted and fired upon with rubber bullets by the direction of the federal government via National Guards from several states.

Contrast that with the insurrection
Congressional invasion on January 6th where people were allowed to illiegally gather on Congressional soil. Capital police were beaten. People died. The Capital invaders paraded through the halls of Congress looking for the politicians they despised. It could only be interpreted as an insurrection An attempt to prevent Congess from doing its job by bodily harm if deemed necessary.

Some had claimed they were given permission by the President to be there. Ironically, if those people understood our government, they would know Congress is SEPERATE, but EQUAL branch of government. The President does not have the power to direct Congressional affairs or its property. You may remember in 2019, the President was disinvited from giving a State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress in the House of Representatives. The President must have permission from the Speaker of the House. He cannot just order it or direct it to be done.

What African Americans and most minorities know and clearly understand is that we would have never made it into the Congressional buildings on January 6th. We would have been shot and killed on the steps if not before. Nobody would have even questioned it. We know this. So, it would never even had been a thought in our minds to think or organize such an act in the first place.

We sit back and quietly observe what many would call the privilege in the United States. It's the allowance and the arrogance not only in the acts on January 6th, but that it was acceptable to be there in the first place. This downplaying of actions by those of the right complexion are well known and expected. We usually just quietly observe. Ed Reed isn't being quiet. That's fine by me.

@hotshot @AUcane

I understand your point, but it begs the question why wasnt the capitol better defended? A lot of folks also find it hard to believe that a few thousand relatively poorly armed folks could overwhelm the strongest army the world has ever seen. Its either a major security **** up or a staged event that got out of hand, probably both.

Lastly if the government and media were fair in their coverage of violence, the reaction would be different. There are still nightly riots by Antifa in Portland, no longer being reported because it doesnt fit the media narrative.
Hindsight, as I've said before, is 20/20. Why wasn't Pearl Harbor better defended?

Guess the Cap police thought the Trumpites would be law abiding and more respectful of the men and women in blue. Miscalculation on both counts. They weren't respectful of the nation's Capitol, Congressional property, nor the police force employed to protect it.

Advertisement

They let half of them in. And yes that matters. If it was so important and worth 6-12 months of pre-trial detention, maybe they shouldn’t have let them in.

Still doesn’t change my mind of it not being anymore important than your house or mine.

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

It's funny how the narrative is now about Ed Reeds comments. This continued diffusion of facts to distort what the entire country witnessed on January 6th.

I read the Sports Illustrated article asking if Ed Reed has negatively impacted the University of Miami. Yet another media outlet taking the spot light from Del Rio and trying to shine it elsewhere.

As an African American male, I can tell SI that what Ed Reed posted, would only have a positive impact on our communities because he resonates what I believe most African Americans feel.

We sit back and observe the double standard of the society we live in. You have a peaceful Black Lives Matters protest in D.C. confronted and fired upon with rubber bullets by the direction of the federal government via National Guards from several states.

Congressional invasion on January 6th where people were allowed to illiegally gather on Congressional soil. Capital police were beaten. People died. The Capital invaders paraded through the halls of Congress looking for the politicians they despised. It could only be interpreted as an insurrection An attempt to prevent Congess from doing its job by bodily harm if deemed necessary.

Some had claimed they were given permission by the President to be there. Ironically, if those people understood our government, they would know Congress is SEPERATE, but EQUAL branch of government. The President does not have the power to direct Congressional affairs or its property. You may remember in 2019, the President was disinvited from giving a State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress in the House of Representatives. The President must have permission from the Speaker of the House. He cannot just order it or direct it to be done.

What African Americans and most minorities know and clearly understand is that we would have never made it into the Congressional buildings on January 6th. We would have been shot and killed on the steps if not before. Nobody would have even questioned it. We know this. So, it would never even had been a thought in our minds to think or organize such an act in the first place.

We sit back and quietly observe what many would call the privilege in the United States. It's the allowance and the arrogance not only in the acts on January 6th, but that it was acceptable to be there in the first place. This downplaying of actions by those of the right complexion are well known and expected. We usually just quietly observe. Ed Reed isn't being quiet. That's fine by me.
This ^^^

And I am a middle-aged white male.

So why wasn’t it guarded? Protests were expected and they still did nothing.

As far as my original point, I don’t hold the government or government buildings in higher regard than citizens, or citizens private property. The idea that these people are put on pedestals is the problem. I feel the same way about athletes, actors, rich people etc.
Would you have wanted the police to have opened fire on the rioting crowd with their tasers and a lot more tear gas? Then, perhaps their insufficient numbers would not have been an issue for you. The worst of the mob were attacking the police and Capitol in a manner that likely could have justified use of more than what the police employed (many rioters were doing a lot worse than poor Ms Babitt was).

Second paragraph: I get your point and I suspect a very great majority of Trump supporters feel the same. I also get the feeling you don't hold any governance of private citizens by any government bureaucracy in much regard. If everyone felt that way, some might say that is a path to anarchy.

Tim McVeigh had total disdain for the Fed Gov't and we know what he did (blow up a USG office building) to act on his feelings. You see that thinking on the far left as well with their mobs, i.e., disregard for institutions, private/federal property, etc.

1. Not on the Videos I saw
I'm not saying there was not some negative behavior and instigation deserving scrutiny and judgement, but your quote highlights what I feel is the bigger problem. The videos "you saw" were meticulously selected because they fit the agenda. Many and I mean MANY that suggest otherwise were omitted, as was Trump saying "Protest Peacefully" over and over, things Nancy did (or should have done). etc etc.

The TV "theater" and much media and commentator "spin" was nothing short of the continuing orchestrated partisan PROPAGANDA this country suffers from, and is on the verge of a GENUINE unCIVIL war now from the feeding frenzy. I'm not saying Fox (Tucker, etc) isn't doing the same, but it mostly derives from defensive and reactionary intentions, from careful scrutiny I have done.

Advertisement
Hindsight, as I've said before, is 20/20. Why wasn't Pearl Harbor better defended?

Guess the Cap police thought the Trumpites would be law abiding and more respectful of the men and women in blue. Miscalculation on both counts. They weren't respectful of the nation's Capitol, Congressional property, nor the police force employed to protect it.
Pearl Harbor was a huge **** up, and so was the Jan 6 security plans, so why arent the security shortcomings/errors being investigated by the Jan 6 committee?

Pearl Harbor was a huge **** up, and so was the Jan 6 security plans, so why arent the security shortcomings/errors being investigated by the Jan 6 committee?
No need to investigate what everyone already stipulates to, i.e., that the 'security plans" were -as you put it so well - f'ed up. That's a given. Trump, on the other hand, is still at it with his disingenuous, inflammatory rhetoric, taking no accountability whatsoever.

Those are all good points but nobody is arguing any of those points (i think you’ll get a lot of agreement from folks here). The point that is being argued is that the capitol is not more valuable than businesses being looted. For a variety of reasons, that is a crazy assertion.
It's not. You think we need those grifters... We don't.

So ... you think we need no government at all? What's your vision on how that would work?

As a Conservative, how would you square no need for a Capitol (and the Reps and Senators who occupy it) with the Constitution?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Nobody is denying they’re grifters. Again, it’s the symbol of the building but whatever. I mean, why stop there? The **** with all those buildings on the mall.

Exactly. I'm not shocked the resident BS artists on this board are trying to justify a half assed coup. It's amazing that they would try to equate the regrettable sacking and looting of a Target to people marching through the seat of our representative republic with the flag of Treason. Then again, I'm not shocked, because we have a lot of people on this board I'm ashamed to have associated with my alma mater. There's no excuse for what happened on 1/6. PERIOD. Us People of Color know that there's no way in **** a group of us would have been allowed to pull that crap off, mostly because we would have been wiped out by the National Guard within seconds if we even thought of doing that.

No need to investigate what everyone already stipulates to, i.e., that the 'security plans" were -as you put it so well - f'ed up. That's a given. Trump, on the other hand, is still at it with his disingenuous, inflammatory rhetoric, taking no accountability whatsoever.
He never will, and the problem is that you have around half the country living in lala land with him.

Advertisement
Would you have wanted the police to have opened fire on the rioting crowd with their tasers and a lot more tear gas? Then, perhaps their insufficient numbers would not have been an issue for you. The worst of the mob were attacking the police and Capitol in a manner that likely could have justified use of more than what the police employed (many rioters were doing a lot worse than poor Ms Babitt was).

Second paragraph: I get your point and I suspect a very great majority of Trump supporters feel the same. I also get the feeling you don't hold any governance of private citizens by any government bureaucracy in much regard. If everyone felt that way, some might say that is a path to anarchy.

Tim McVeigh had total disdain for the Fed Gov't and we know what he did (blow up a USG office building) to act on his feelings. You see that thinking on the far left as well with their mobs, i.e., disregard for institutions, private/federal property, etc.
They could have held off rioters like they did when they did this to the White House when trump was in there. Instead they let them in and then when things went wrong, they acted like it wa d the end of the world.

It wouldn’t lead to anarchy it would lead to everyone respecting everything equally. Stop acting like these people are anything more than a regular citizen, they aren’t. When it comes to property, again they let a federal courthouse burn and did nothing. They take down statues and let others be torn down. They let “movements” paint government property. Nobody actually cares about the Capitol. It’s just now convenient to use it as a way to hurt the opposition.

Picking out one crazy person has no merit.

Nobody is denying they’re grifters. Again, it’s the symbol of the building but whatever. I mean, why stop there? The **** with all those buildings on the mall.
They had no issue with monuments and statues being torn down all over the country. Renaming bases, etc. They don’t actually care about history unless they can use it to their advantage, or the meaning or the buildings. It’s just the easiest way right now to hurt their opponent.

It is certainly no longer a symbol of freedom, light, democracy and righteousness. ****, to most on the left it never was; and the demolition of any framer's symbolism has been under attack for years... #irony

But regardless of you what believe its symbolizes... in reality it is just a bunch of rich, mostly white, corrupt, greedy, treasonous grifters playing me and you against each other. It's tiresome seeing those who believe 'the system' is racist, sexist, jingoistic, patriarchal and feudal... while at the same shedding tears when this structure is attacked.

Hotep Jesus put it well on Rogan recently...

Exactly. I'm not shocked the resident BS artists on this board are trying to justify a half assed coup. It's amazing that they would try to equate the regrettable sacking and looting of a Target to people marching through the seat of our representative republic with the flag of Treason. Then again, I'm not shocked, because we have a lot of people on this board I'm ashamed to have associated with my alma mater. There's no excuse for what happened on 1/6. PERIOD. Us People of Color know that there's no way in **** a group of us would have been allowed to pull that crap off, mostly because we would have been wiped out by the National Guard within seconds if we even thought of doing that.
But you see, to some who have an opinion that I guess some would rather not hear (or allow, and certainly not welcome) the Jan 6th "coup" (with a very small set of rotten apples the exception in a huge barrel of disgruntled Americans,) there WAS an EXCUSE for 1/6... misguided perhaps, but millions felt the election outcome was illegitimate, the results suspect and the orchestrated efforts to censor, halt, minimize, and slander those that wanted it fully and transparently looked into... were quite infuriating. Yes, people were angry and some went overboard, but there was largely a genuine belief that to halt the process with threats and shouts (like Schumer does against the Conservative court and their supporters and Maxine does in all things) would perhaps bring about some fairness and perceived justice. Maybe a POOR EXCUSE but a reasoned position nonetheless. Propaganda of the day paints it ALL as evil lies and worse, but many to this day firmly believe those results were dubious, and that certainly the process and method for allowing full investigation has been a sham.

On the other hand, what you term the "regrettable sacking and looting of a TARGET" (and many small businesses owned by people of color also were victimized) is far from a well-intentioned and reasoned effort. So yeah, there is QUITE a difference.

Advertisement
Back