ED REED COS: Brilliantly executed chess moves....

Ed Reed was a coach for the bills in the nfl you know but he can’t coach here? Former players all over college football are in the assistant coaching ranks, demarco murray was just hired as Oklahoma’s rb coach recently and **** he was just playing in the league a few years back .

It’s no point in being pessimistic about this hire because for one it’s not as an assistant coach and 2 it can’t do nothing BUT help the current players in a number of facets about the game, how to approach things and leadership skills.

Yes for one year....And didn't exactly have anyone beating down his door when Rex Ryan was fired.

And who says I'm being pessimistic...I'm just not one of you square, joe Q public rah rah types. I am in wait and see mode, but the whole position and hiring is strange to me and I feel strongly (not pessimistic) that this little move is only being done for PR and because Diaz is not good at several aspects at being head coach.

I'm neutral on it, just sick of people like you trying to defend it with dumb *** statements like "he'll know how to approach things"

PLAIN AND SIMPLE BROCK...HOW IN THE LIVING F**K DO YOU KNOW ED REED WILL KNOW HOW TO APPROACH THINGS THAT WILL HELP THIS FOOTBALL PROGRAM. You don't you are wishful thinking, and that's cool, just don't pass it off and give a bunch of cliche type reasons that it's more than that.

Advertisement
Oh christ...

Sounds like a bunch of cliches, hot air, and wishful thinking to me...Again, I hope you're right.

And again this position only exists because Manny Diaz is not good at his job. How the **** is Ed Reed going to groom a head coach? I see nothing in Ed Reed's career as one of the greatest, if not greatest safeties to ever play the game that automatically translates into him being a "head coach groomer"

Ed has been around teams that weren't winning a lot and turned them in to championship juggernauts, in college and the pros.

Manny needs to be able to fire his friends. If he can do that there's hope, but I completely agree he's been a poor head coach thus far.

10408EE7-A64A-4F72-9B04-A3280EE38A67.jpeg

Yes for one year....And didn't exactly have anyone beating down his door when Rex Ryan was fired.

And who says I'm being pessimistic...I'm just not one of you square, joe Q public rah rah types. I am in wait and see mode, but the whole position and hiring is strange to me and I feel strongly (not pessimistic) that this little move is only being done for PR and because Diaz is not good at several aspects at being head coach.

I'm neutral on it, just sick of people like you trying to defend it with dumb *** statements like "he'll know how to approach things"

PLAIN AND SIMPLE BROCK...HOW IN THE LIVING F**K DO YOU KNOW ED REED WILL KNOW HOW TO APPROACH THINGS THAT WILL HELP THIS FOOTBALL PROGRAM. You don't you are wishful thinking, and that's cool, just don't pass it off and give a bunch of cliche type reasons that it's more than that.
Only pessimistic Miami fans can find a way to try and spin an ALL TIME LEGEND being around the program everyday as a bad thing. Literally get over yourselves, Reed brings a wealth of knowledge that EVERYONE can tap into and I’m sure it will have a profound impact on our current players just being able to pick up on certain things from him. There’s literally nothing wrong with this , you can be apprehensive about a lot of things but this? **** no. I’m convinced, people will find a way to complain about anything

Advertisement
I can't hate on this hire, it can't be anything but a good thing for the team and team culture in particular. It's been a surprisingly successful offseason to this point.

Only pessimistic Miami fans can find a way to try and spin an ALL TIME LEGEND being around the program everyday as a bad thing. Literally get over yourselves, Reed brings a wealth of knowledge that EVERYONE can tap into and I’m sure it will have a profound impact on our current players just being able to pick up on certain things from. There’s literally nothing wrong with this , you can be apprehensive about a lot of things but this? **** no

Yah it's just wait and see instead of fan-boy, rah-rah type...Ed Reed's my favorite cane ever. I'll take the former approach, you take the latter...It's all good.

I'm not pessimistic at all...You just don't ever know what you are talking about, it's every time you post. And you tend to be overly optimistic, and are that poster boy rah-rah fanboy type. So that's why it comes off as pessimistic to you. Hope I cleared that up for you.

Yah it's just wait and see instead of fan-boy, rah-rah type...Ed Reed's my favorite cane ever. I'll take the former approach, you take the latter...It's all good.

I'm not pessimistic at all...You just don't ever know what you are talking about, it's every time you post. And you tend to be overly optimistic, and are that poster boy rah-rah fanboy type. So that's why it comes off as pessimistic to you. Hope I cleared that up for you.
You are b*tching about nothing per usual. We hired Ed Reed in some capacity, fold the program... is what you are thinking. Get real..

how can anyone stand to question reed arguably our greatest cane being around the program more in ANY capacity?

You are b*tching about nothing per usual. We hired Ed Reed in some capacity, fold the program... is what you are thinking. Get real..

how can anyone stand to question reed arguably our greatest cane being around the program more in ANY capacity?

Who said fold the program dork? Who said I'm even negative about it?

I'm not talking about him being around the program...I'm talking about this particular role.

You are overly optimistic about nothing per usual. Such a little rah rah type...

Advertisement
Locker room on notice.....
That right there is the message! Sh#t will hit the fan after loses! And If kids are not out there practicing. He I’ll bring another element to the everyday mundane routine of practice....ie. running down the receivers and ticketing them just to hieghten up the competition.

This is why ER will pay dividends and be a major plus inside meetings, locker room, private one on ones with athletes especially if thy ***** up. I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of those situations.

And it’s time to stop baby sitting these guys if they are not taking their careers and football seriously. If you don’t practice and study the game and play it with the passion of the old canes, you can hit the Portal! Message is now sent with the Reed hire, imo!

People argue that Manny can't be a good coach because he didn't play football. People also argue that Ed Reed can't be a coach because he was a great player.

Maybe "people" don't know what they're talking about.

Advertisement
long live the goat!!! **** is changing at the U man for the better. I have faith that Miami will be back.

Advertisement

You need to take a break from posting bud. Canes misery has gotten the best of you.

Let me repeat what just happened: Ed Reed was hired to a formal Chief of Staff position (which is not a joke PR position) and will have intimate interactions with our coaching staff and our players. This will be a positive. There is zero doubt about this.

If you are a Canes fan, then you love this move. Same guys on CIS will complain no matter the subject. Some guys carry The U proudly everywhere they go and Ed Reed is front and center.

You need to take a break from posting bud. Canes misery has gotten the best of you.

Let me repeat what just happened: Ed Reed was hired to a formal Chief of Staff position (which is not a joke PR position) and will have intimate interactions with our coaching staff and our players. This will be a positive. There is zero doubt about this.

Do you, or anyone for that matter, really care what Skeeter thinks?

Advertisement
Back