ED REED COS: Brilliantly executed chess moves....

This thread is a microcosm how fuctin stupid Canes fans can be . I mean this is an amazing move with zero down side and tons of upside and we have people *****ing . Literally Diaz and UM have won the off season bigger then any UM coach has done in 20 years. Now there are no reasons why we can't win the Coastal . And that should be the extent of what we wish for as lets actually win 10 games or more and the coastal a few seasons in a row and then we start acting like we are title contenders .

So bringing in Ed Reed is the (final) reason we will win the Coastal?

Advertisement
You’re overestimating the intelligence of Blake James and Manny Diaz.

I highly doubt they intentionally staggered things like that.
You are right. It had to be the players. It always has been. We need one of the yellow jackets as a coach and the others can be driver and back up drivers on recruiting trips.

This is another version of the TO chain. Just another gimmick with little to no substance.

Hey OP, come back and start a new thread when we win 3 games in a raw next season and maybe I will read what you wrote. So yes, I posted here without reading your post.

Why would you make this offer? You KNOW he'll come back before the Michigan State game to bump your post.

Advertisement
This is another version of the TO chain. Just another gimmick with little to no substance.
Equating Ed Reed to a piece of jewelry is crazy.

Does Ed Reed mean Diaz is all of a sudden going to be a good HC? Of course not. Diaz hopefully learned a ton from his atrocious year 1.

But Ed Reed is a positive shot in the arm for this program in dire straights. He will have a positive impact on the locker room at the very least. A locker room that was a total joke and embarrassment last year.

1) The ReUnion video launches...

2) JJ, Irvin, Ed, Wayne go on national TV and talk about The U and the Superbowl...

3) Ed Reed does the "Untold Stories" episode....

4) Ed Reed announced as the new COS for Miami...

THIS WAS NOT AN COINCIDENCE FOLKS....

Our program and former players/coaches executed a brilliant media strategy to bring BIG ATTENTION TO MIAMI right before this hire..

The kids now are ALL ABOUT celebrity and attention...

We way outclass anything Bama, LSU, FSU or UF coulda done.
Too bad Ed’s role is limited to an advisory one. Would be cool if he was given the power to insulate the program from the people who’ve put the program into this situation.

First off, this is a made up position...He is basically coming in because we have a weak AD and made a bad coaching hire...You are hiring someone to do what Diaz should be able to do as HC.

And yeah nothing, including Super Bowl rings, gives me any faith Ed Reed can build a CFB program. Why would it? Not all great players make good coaches, you do know that? So why is some kind of lock to succeed with this PR Stunt "Chief of Staff" nonsense.

Hope I'm wrong, I'm rooting for him...Probably my favorite Cane ever.

I know not every great player can coach, but hes not really in a coaching role at the moment. Hes advising, Diaz on everything that is the program. and the dude knows winning and what winning looks like. I'm rooting for him as well but i see this as a win. I'm not saying now Diaz isn't on the hot seat but hes surrounding himself with smart people cant hate on that one

Advertisement
You’re overestimating the intelligence of Blake James and Manny Diaz.

I highly doubt they intentionally staggered things like that.
totally agree. plus who cares? now i 100% support the move of bringing ER in but this program is not going to get turned around by some motivational speeches, positive attention in January or transfer portal victories. They need to rebuild the culture, win some more games and continue to improve the talent and coaching.

Equating Ed Reed to a piece of jewelry is crazy.

Does Ed Reed mean Diaz is all of a sudden going to be a good HC? Of course not. Diaz hopefully learned a ton from his atrocious year 1.

But Ed Reed is a positive shot in the arm for this program in dire straights. He will have a positive impact on the locker room at the very least. A locker room that was a total joke and embarrassment last year.

Perhaps, the analogy is poor but the point still remains. This isn’t going to be a popular opinion but If Reed is brought to change the “culture” then I think we have a bigger leadership problem on our hands than we realized. Leadership starts at the top. If that isn’t fixed then Reed’s impact here will be minimal.

What Miami players needs is a "standard bearer"- someone who knows the level of training, practice and mental attitude it takes to go to the TOP OF THE TOP....

ER brings that into the Hetch:

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 8.43.15 AM.png

1) The ReUnion video launches...

2) JJ, Irvin, Ed, Wayne go on national TV and talk about The U and the Superbowl...

3) Ed Reed does the "Untold Stories" episode....

4) Ed Reed announced as the new COS for Miami...

THIS WAS NOT AN COINCIDENCE FOLKS....

Our program and former players/coaches executed a brilliant media strategy to bring BIG ATTENTION TO MIAMI right before this hire..

The kids now are ALL ABOUT celebrity and attention...

We way outclass anything Bama, LSU, FSU or UF coulda done.

And we won’t sign anyone of consequence on nsd so it doesn’t matter.

did this really outclass what LSU just did in the cfp?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like OP’s avatar speaks of too much lube use. That’s exactly what his post reeks of.

Perhaps, the analogy is poor but the point still remains. This isn’t going to be a popular opinion but If Reed is brought to change the “culture” then I think we have a bigger leadership problem on our hands than we realized.

Actually, I think it would be impossible for the leadership problem to be any bigger than what we’ve realized. It’s already maxed out.

So bringing in Ed Reed is the (final) reason we will win the Coastal?

Who said this move is "final"?

It's the next big move after revamping the OC approach and bringing in D'Eriq King and Roche...

ER is going to help us flip recruits and change the attitude in the players...

ER is going to set the standard for coaches as well...

Who said this move is "final"?

It's the next big move after revamping the OC approach and bringing in D'Eriq King and Roche...

ER is going to help us flip recruits and change the attitude in the players...

ER is going to set the standard for coaches as well...

Are you not capable of reading the post I responded to for context?

Advertisement
Back